Advice please...false labor?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Christine11212
  • 1 Post By LWiegel
  • 1 Post By kaylarayne
  • 3 Post By doremi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Christine11212's Avatar Having a surprise baby!!
Well I thought yesterday was the day...had been having contractions on and off since last Monday when the midwife stripped my membrane. Lost my plug, bleed bright red for the whole week and oddly enough stopped, but contractions started to get real painful about 12:30p and as the day went on, they got to about 8 mins apart, and pretty painful. Some I had to stop and breath through...of course the constant vomiting or I should say retching did not help and seem to bring them on faster. I finally decided around 9pm to head in to L&D. I got there, and they were coming fast, so I thought, and the pressure I had below was so bad. They started at my lower back and than came around to the the top of my uterus and than down to my pelvic and butt area. I felt his head pushing down everytime I had one. Well I get checked in, I told the nurse they were about 8-10 mins apart and since we live 40 mins away and this is my third baby, I was told not to wait until they are 5 mins apart.

They put me on the monitor and after 15 mins the nurse came back in and said, your getting them more than every 8 mins, and I was, I had 4 big ones in less than 15 mins. They were going to admit me and the midwife checked me and I was still only 3cm, 100 effeced, which I have been since last Monday...needless to say they kept coming but midwife was conviced it was false labor and 3 days before my due date, wanted to give me a med to stop the contractions...I was shocked. Not only due I have severe hyperemises, but I have been having dizzy spells and passing out. I had the shakes really bad and my feet and face started to swell...but she was adimit on not keeping me. They ended up giving me a shot of levison and told me tha should help my uterus from spasms...she said if they were true contractions I would have them on my pelvic area not my whole stomach and back.

Needless to say the shot had not stopped them, they did end up spacing out some today, but now the same pain and I guess BH are back to every 10 mins. I can't stop throwing up, I have the worst headache, doing my best to keep drinking but it just comes up....it just all around sucks...and the worst part is midwife is on today, but told me hospital policy is they will not induce until 40 completed weeks, so 41 weeks, that throws me into Nov 5, as I just don't see my cervix changing without a little help, and I am suppose to see my midwife this monday at 11 and she was going to see if she could get the ok to induce since I have been so sick with the vomiting, and now with constant painful contractions, I mean BH, just makes that worse. but we have a hurricane coming Monday through Wed, which means they can cancell my appt for Monday, and than I have to endure a whole week of this....can anyone offer me any advice on false labor? If you had it and it they were close together, and painful. how do you know when real labor is?

The midwife told me not to worry I won't be pregant for anything longer than 2 more weeks. and all that did was make me cry..My SO says its human torture to make a woman who is full term, dialted some and having timeable cotractions to make them go another 2 weeks with vomiting and passing out cause of hospital policy...and while I agree with him, I am trying very hard to just lay back and keep dealing with it until my body is ready I guess, but I won't lie, its really hard...

Anyone else going through this? Thanks for letting me vent on this.
SarahxSyanide likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 27th, 2012, 12:52 PM
LWiegel's Avatar Lauren *Expecting #1!*
I have been having the painful contractions just like you for 5 days now. I'm still only dilated 1 cm and they are not inducing me until tomorrow night which they have me at 41 weeks on Monday so I feel you sister. It was the worst news when they told me they were going to make me wait but I cqnt even imagine with your health issues why she would stop those contractions. I agree with your SO that is just torture and I am so sorry you are having to go through that. It sucks too the only thing they'll give us for these extremely painful "false labor" contractions is acetaminophen????? Please that is doing NOTHING!!! Good luck ill be looking for updates!! I hope you go before 41 weeks!!!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Lauren's Pregnancy Journal.
October 27th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Peytonsmomma
Im so sorry!!!! Have you always gone to this midwife?
October 27th, 2012, 03:10 PM
kaylarayne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ummm I think your midwife is a moron...sorry but there are a couple of things off about her treatment. First of all you are full term so there is no reason to give you meds to stop any possible labor. Second of all contractions ARE felt in the back and stomach...not just in the pelvic area. Your description of what you are feeling sounds like a perfeclty good REAL contraction. I am a little stuned that your midwife is treating you in this manner and honestly I would be concerned if she knows what she is doing :-/ I am sorry sweetie! I sure hope labor starts for you and that something will change so your midwife won't try to stop it this time.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.
October 27th, 2012, 03:15 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
FIRE THE MIDWIFE!!!!! Grrr, makes me so mad that she isn't being more supportive of YOU!!! I totally disagree with her giving you that shot to try to stop the labor 3 days before your EDD. And your hospital policy about induction SUCKS. You have plenty of medically sound reasons for attempting to push your body into active labor at this point. You are only 1 cm away from what they consider active labor, and I would bet that it wouldn't take much intervention at all to get your body to kick into gear. I'm so sorry you're going through this, and I hope this nightmare of a pregnancy is over soon for you, so that you can hold that baby in your arms! Were you this sick with your other pregnancies too?

October 27th, 2012, 10:52 PM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
I think this is RIDICULOUS and the more I hear about MW the more I dislike them! My friend bled for 2 days straight and her midwife told her to stay home through her contractions. On the third day she couldn't take it anymore and went to the ER on her own will and they determined her placenta had come apart from the wall! Hence the heavy blood.

If i were you I would go back to L&D and tell them you're miserable and CAN NOT HANDLE This! If you're that miserable, you need to take your health into your own hands and get to a Dr. Who knows what's really going on inside!

I hope you get this figured out and soon! I'm so sorry they're making you go through this :/
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
]
October 28th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Christine11212's Avatar Having a surprise baby!!
Wow thank you ladies, I feel better after reading your reply's, I was afarid I was going to come off as someone who just needs to be patience, which trust me, I am trying to be.

No I was not sick like this with my other two...I was sick with normal MS in the first trimester, but nothing like this, however I have been very greateful that I did not end up on bedrest with this one like I did with my other two, and happy I made it to full term.

The midwife at the hospital was not mine, she was the midwife on call, I realize now that I should have went with the MD cause I am almost positive they would helped me out Friday night. I guess I was not in full labor as its been two days and while I am still getting them, they have spaced out to about every 20 mins now, and they are not getting worse or closer together, and I am not bleeding, so my guess is these are just BH and there has been no cerival change.

I plan on letting my midwife know tomorrow that I need to be induced, this is just crazy. I know I am not 40 weeks until Tuesday, but will one day make a huge difference?? Please just say a little pray that my appt will not be cancelled and that I can head to L&D tomorrow to finally have this baby...its amazing, as excited I am to see this baby, I am excited to start feeling better....9 months of constant vomiting, dizzy eposides and passing out has taken it's toll...hope that does not make me sound bad...thanks again ladies and promise to give an update.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search