Working out?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Pageturner
Is anyone exercising yet? I started this week. Monday I did 15 mins on the elliptical, and Tuesday I tried my first Zumba class! I loved it. I kept moving the whole 50 mins, even if I had to slow down or couldn't do some of the moves. I'm gonna walk the treadmill this morning, and tomorrow will be another Zumba class. Friday I may do the elliptical, and Saturday I want to try yoga. Sunday is a day of rest lol.

As far as dieting, haven't started that yet. I have the current weight watchers tools from the last time I tried it, so I'm gonna try to do that on my own until I can afford to do meetings. We will probably start Monday with the weight watchers.

What are you all doing? Anyone need a motivational partner?
December 5th, 2012, 05:47 AM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
I really need to start working this PP body out. I have really always been in good shape and not really excerised that much. But now, my tummy grosses me out.

I need some motivation!
Peytonsmomma and Pageturner like this.

December 5th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Pageturner
You can do it! Put the baby in the stroller and walk, do exercise videos if u don't like the gym. I wish I hadn't paid for this gym membership because I prefer working out alone, but paying for it motivates me to use it!
December 5th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Veteran
I'd like to do exercise too.. but i'm too lazy for it. I need an exercise buddy and a motivator.
Pageturner likes this.
December 5th, 2012, 06:39 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not doing anything until Jan/Feb... I bought bigger clothes instead. Lol!

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
December 5th, 2012, 06:46 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been working out for the past couple of months running outside and doing P90X at home. But this week I started at the gym running and lifting weights again. I don't have a problem with the motivation for working out, I love it, and it's habit for me. The biggest obsticle I'm trying to over come is my diet. It's not perfect, I have a sweet treat almost daily, and it's a very hard habit for me to break. I can workout for hours on end but if I don't have my diet under control then I wont see the results I want. I'm not against sugar, but I want to find a healthy lifestyle that will work for me and my family, not just a diet fad to lose the weight fast, so still searching for that happy medium. Plus I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth, so my sweet treat isn't anything small, it's one of those start one cookie eat the whole bag sometimes lol.

I still have 15lbs to lose and I get so auntsy sometimes wanting to see results faster, or seeing my squishy tummy, but all in good time. Last time it took me about 5 months to lose it all, and i'm doing a little better this time. Mind over matter!
zubeldia and Summerdays12 like this.
December 5th, 2012, 06:52 AM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 6 week pp appointment is Monday, hoping for the all-clear! I've been walking, my OB told me that was fine. I'm more or less back to my pre pregnancy weight but my muscle tone took a serious hit so Im so looking forward to lifting weights again. I feel very jello-like .

We kept some weekly check-in threads going here during our pregnancies, we should do the same now
December 5th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Teeniemama's Avatar Super Mommy
I am interviewing nannies today so I might start going to the gym once I have someone. I need to lift weights and get stronger for all this baby stroller carseat lifting!
zubeldia, abur and JillMama like this.

December 5th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Peytonsmomma
Ive never worked out but need to my stomach grosses me out!
JillMama likes this.
December 5th, 2012, 08:43 AM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive been exercising since I came home from the hospital lol. I already lost all my pregnancy weight but I would like to lose at least 30 more to get my high school body back im too thick right now even though DF likes it like that
abur likes this.

December 5th, 2012, 09:32 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
I have been eatting pretty good! Not working out yet!! I am starting in January!! I have 5lbs to go but I look like I have 15...lol. This extra skin on the belly! My goal is do be like I was in my wedding so I have 15lbs to go!! lol!! I love zumba!! I did it for the longest and it was great!!
JillMama and Pageturner like this.
December 5th, 2012, 09:57 AM
zubeldia's Avatar Super Mommy
I went for a run 2 weeks postpartum but it was a disaster (I had a uterine infection and didn't realise at the time). I started indoor rowing a few weeks ago and I've been working out for about an hour a day dong that. It's the best exercise to get me stronger and fitter fast. I went for a run this week - just 3 miles - and felt much better. I don't have any weight to lose, and weirdly my stomach has bounced back very quickly, though I have a small ab separation, though it's now very mild. I have a half ironman next September so that's good motivation.

When do you guys get the time to exercise? To make it happen I have to get up insanely early - around 3:30-4 (depending on when C wakes up to nurse). One breast is enough for him so I then pump, get him back to sleep, sneak downstairs to make it on the rower around 5am so I can be finished before everyone else wakes up...

As for eating. I had no appetite during pregnancy (thanks, HG), and now I cannot stop eating. I forgot how much I love to eat

We're vegan so we're pretty healthy but I've been making more dinners in the crockpot so always looking for inspiration.

rafi and charlie by zubeldia36, on Flickr
December 5th, 2012, 10:06 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
trying to find time can be very hard! most days i work out after work, but i want to keep it to 40 roughly so i have time with the family. one day a week i work out in the morning, otherwise it's during nap time if both are sleeping on the weekends.
December 5th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I went to yoga class last week. The mommy yoga class I went to during pregnancy welcomes PP mommies and the babies. I didn't even get a chance to unroll my yoga mat Jonah was wide awake and not cooperating. I had to leave.
We have a great gym here where I live and I love the elliptical but have not made my way over there yet. Jonah is not the kind of kid that will just chill in his stroller while I work out. I have to find time in the evening so my husband can watch the baby. Evenings are so crazy here though with the other kids. I just wish Jonah loved his stroller because most of the classes (zumba, cardio, etc.) on base allow you to bring your child as long as they are in a stroller or something else.

December 5th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was runner before I got pregnant. I was running a lot when I miscarried and that scared me even though my Dr said that was not the cause. I really slowed down with this pregnancy and then I was told to stop at 18 weeks when diagnosed with placenta previa. So now I am just LAZY yes LAZY and tired. I have not gotten back into working out or running. I know I will feel better if I just do it. And yes finding time is terrible. I have my own business so I feel then Reed is sleeping I am working!

December 5th, 2012, 10:16 AM
We have a double running stroller that I'll be able to use in march when C is 6 months old, and that will make things much easier. I do go on daily walks with C in the carrier as I walk the pups, but finding time is darn difficult. It was so much easier when we have one kiddo!! Looking forward to going out on family runs in the Spring, though. DS1 loves going running with us (he gets his snacks, books, blankets, etc. and tells my DH and I to run faster )
ashley5 likes this.

December 5th, 2012, 12:42 PM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
I am so ashamed of myself. I have been wanting to get started, but I never get up and actually do it. I have a perfectly good treadmill less than 5 feet away! Maybe my confession here will make me finally get up and get it done. My problem is I am a "I'll do it tomorrow." gal.

It's time to crack down and get started <3

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
December 5th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Perhaps we should start a motivation thread!
cincy1luv and JillMama like this.

December 5th, 2012, 12:52 PM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
I think that would be a great idea!!!!

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
December 5th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Jinnah
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof4andhalf View Post
I am so ashamed of myself. I have been wanting to get started, but I never get up and actually do it. I have a perfectly good treadmill less than 5 feet away! Maybe my confession here will make me finally get up and get it done. My problem is I am a "I'll do it tomorrow." gal.

It's time to crack down and get started <3
Same here. I have a dusty treadmill, but I'm just not quite up to it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search