Bath time!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2012, 06:49 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
How often does your baby take a bath?

Which bath tub are you using?

What bath products are you using?

How does your baby like it?!
December 6th, 2012, 06:52 AM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jayden absolutely LOVES taking a bath. I bathe him and wash his hair at least 4-5 times a week. I bathe him with johnsons baby wash and wash his hair with johnsons baby shampoo the lavender scent. He sits in the bath tub with me, I hate the bath we got at my baby shower.

December 6th, 2012, 07:00 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jett's really is enjoying his baths now. We give him one 4-5 times a week and I use Arbonne wash and California baby lotion. We just have your good old trusty plastic baby bath tub.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
December 6th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
How often does your baby take a bath? Every night! He loves his baths so much that I give him one every night and it has become a part of our nightly routine.

Which bath tub are you using? Leachco Safer Bather

What bath products are you using? I just got Coconut Oil Soap and not sure if I like it. So I went back to Burts Bees. I use a little grape seed oil on is face..he gets dry on his forehead then Burts Bees oil on his little body.

How does your baby like it?! He loves it.

December 6th, 2012, 07:10 AM
zubeldia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hardly ever.... once every week at the most, sometimes less.

He baths with me and we don't use any lotion, just a sponge and water.

He likes it!

rafi and charlie by zubeldia36, on Flickr
December 6th, 2012, 07:11 AM
CrunchyChristian
We bath Chloe about 5 times a week. We have the baby bathtub my parents had at their house since we had gotten rid our old one. I'm not sure what kind it is. She loves baths and the big kids love to help give her baths! We use California Baby shampoo/body wash sometimes and a baby bar soap with an unscented lotion after from someone local.
December 6th, 2012, 07:11 AM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nora doesn't love baths, but I think she's getting more comfortable. In the past few weeks she's gone from looking very nervous/uncomfortable to screaming and now she just seems a little unsure (but calmer). Since it doesn't seem like an enjoyable experience just yet I am keeping them to 2-3 days a week.

We are using a basic plastic infant tub that I bought at a consignment sale for 2 bucks, it fits well over the kitchen sink. Right now we are making our way through the numerous bottles of Johnson&Johnson we were given at showers, it works fine with her skin.
December 6th, 2012, 07:12 AM
CrunchyChristian
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubeldia View Post

He baths with me and we don't use any lotion, just a sponge and water.
I usually don't use anything but water on my babies, but Chloe is such a sweaty child and with all her spitting up she really stinks and the water only does nothing to get that stench off of her! LOL!
December 6th, 2012, 07:36 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
How often does your baby take a bath? Twice per week

Which bath tub are you using? The babies bathe with me.

What bath products are you using? Burt's Bees Unscented Baby Wash; no lotion

How does your baby like it?! They both LOVE the bath. I think they'd be happy to float around in the bath all day long

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 6th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Peytonsmomma
How often does your baby take a bath? about 5 times a week

Which bath tub are you using? one of those plastic rainforest bathtubs

What bath products are you using? j&J baby shampoo, j&j bedtime wash

How does your baby like it?!he has gone from screaming bloody murder to a nervous calm
December 6th, 2012, 09:31 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often does your baby take a bath? every night he gets a bath but we only soap him down every other day or so.

Which bath tub are you using? we're using a baby newborn tub on the counter.

What bath products are you using? soap and lotion, johnson and johnson

How does your baby like it?! likes it so much more now thank goodness, b/c my daughter screamed bloody murder everytime she went in the tub now matter what temp i kept it at.
December 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Every night! She loves it and its a part of our routine! I use J & J nitghttime!! I just have a regular pink bath plastic!! I think I may try butter bees though I hear its really good!
December 6th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Pageturner
Michael takes a bath once or twice a week, but I'm thinking we will start doing it more often now that he's getting a little bigger and poops are stinkier...lol! And he gets sweaty too. We use the Summer mesh bath chair thingy, idk what it's really called, my sister gave it to me. And we use Burts Bees baby wash/shampoo. He likes his bath! Doesn't cry at all and seems to like the warm water :-)
December 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
We bathe her 2-3 times a week. She doesn't care for it much. We use a baby tub with one of those mesh slings and California baby soap and lotion.

December 6th, 2012, 12:24 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do about 2 or 3 baths per week. She doesn't mind them. We only use the J&J wash, no lotion.

December 6th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Almost never, lol. She's had 4 in her whole life. I use California baby body wash and shampoo, and Aveeno baby lotion if she needs it (because we have it from Elias when we were searching for things to fix his eczema)
zubeldia likes this.
December 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
How often does your baby take a bath? Every other day, sometimes every 2 days.

Which bath tub are you using? I use a bathing sponge that he lays on in the tub

What bath products are you using? J&J baby wash and lotion if its a daytime bath or J&J bedtime wash an lotion if its a bedtime bath

How does your baby like it?! Still not fond of it but doesnt scream bloody murder like he use to.

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

December 6th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Jinnah
How often does your baby take a bath? Every other day.

Which bath tub are you using? Fisher Price whale tub

What bath products are you using? Burt's Bees baby wash or BabyGanics foaming wash

How does your baby like it?! He LOVES it.
December 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Super Mommy
We bathe her every 2-3 days - she has pretty sensitive skin and any more than that would really dry it out. We have a standard baby bath with the angled insert and use Aveeno baby products, but probably will be changing from those soon. Eabha loves her baths - she stays really calm and happy in there. :-)
December 6th, 2012, 07:07 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
How often does your baby take a bath? We give Alexandra a bath every night. She loves baths and we are making it part of our night time ritual to hopefully get her used to a little routine (so far it is working).

Which bath tub are you using? We have the Fischer Price whale tub. We use one of those pillow inserts (I have no clue what they are called, a friend of ours gave us their one) and it is awesome.

What bath products are you using? We use the Johnson's and Johnson's stuff. It seems to be pretty gentle on her skin.

How does your baby like it?! Alexandra loves her bath. It seems to relax her even more than she already is. I love looking at her little toes in the water. It's so cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search