Baby Wearing...

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NewGurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
My son hates it I have been trying since he was about 2 weeks old. He tolerated the cradle position for a couple of weeks. He then started stretching his legs out and getting all stiff on me. He was uncomfortable. I stopped trying to wear him for a little bit and then tried again. Same thing..he stretched his legs and fusses until he starts crying. I tried the hugging position and he hates that too! I thought maybe to try and go for a walk today to see if being in a different environment would help but he hated the entire walk which lasted about 5 minutes. Is there a way to get Jonah to like me wearing him??? My hubby put him in a different cheapo carrier facing out just to see what he would do and he was fine. He wants to see everything but he's just too little to face out. Any tips on what I should do??

December 6th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What kind of carrier are you using?
December 6th, 2012, 12:02 PM
The Baby K'Tan

December 6th, 2012, 12:11 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use a baby k'tan and the only position Connor likes isnt really a listed position he basically sits upright with his side to my chest then if he wants to nurse I slide the carrier around untill it drops him down into cradle hold but he doesnt like to stay there as soon as he is done nurseing he wants to sit back upright. when he is upright I just adjust the fabric so he can look straight ahed of him which is beside of me he seems to like it alot it keeps his ear right by my heart for comfort but gives him a feild of vision for exploreing to.

December 6th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
I use a baby k'tan and the only position Connor likes isnt really a listed position he basically sits upright with his side to my chest then if he wants to nurse I slide the carrier around untill it drops him down into cradle hold but he doesnt like to stay there as soon as he is done nurseing he wants to sit back upright. when he is upright I just adjust the fabric so he can look straight ahed of him which is beside of me he seems to like it alot it keeps his ear right by my heart for comfort but gives him a feild of vision for exploreing to.
Do you put the carrier on like if you were going to use the craddle hold or a different way?? Would it be possible to post a photo so I can see how you wear him? If not I completely understand

December 6th, 2012, 12:18 PM
oh also if its just becuse theres not enough room for him to stretch his legs you can always adjust the fabric so the seat goes down to his knees but the rest of his legs come out by your arm. if that makes any sense sorry im very bad at being discriptive lol. although I only do that when i have one free hand to hold him to just incase.so basicaly you are still carrying him in your arms the K'tan is just handeling most the weight.

I can but I dont have one right now and he is asleep lol Ill try to get one next time he wakes up hopefully I dont forget.
Summerdays12 likes this.

December 6th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried putting him in facing you (I guess hug hold) but letting his legs dangle down? My babies have all objected to being in the carrier with their feet contained ss soon as they figured out they could use their legs for something, and that has solved it. Esther likes to sit in a VERY upright "cradle" position as well. She basically sits against the left side of my chest, and she'll look around at things like that.
December 6th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Yes, I let his legs dangle down I will try the upright cradle position. I have tried that before but can't seem to get the fabric adjusted right because he slowly slips down into a regular cradle position. I'll get the hang of it..I hope! I was at Target yesterday lugging my big ol' stroller around with his infant carrier on top wishing I was wearing him because I can't ever use a cart. I saw 2 other mamas wearing their babies and I wanted to be wearing my little guy too.

December 6th, 2012, 02:33 PM

my hand is under his butt in this pic so even though its hard to tell with the wrap he is basically straight up.

and closer pic to see the wrap..... I start at the basic X on chest and back and slide the outer loop down around my waist

then the under ring makes the back suport side suport and seat to hold him up the seat stops at the back of his knees

then I pull up the outer ring up to go under his legs and butt (whole legs but will pull to the side if he gets kicky and do from back of knees and butt only) from the other direction and pull him into me from the front

then I pull up any extra fabric and twist it under the shoulder section to keep it tight.

this is just how I found works for him but idk if its how you are "supposed to wear" a baby

December 6th, 2012, 02:36 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
How does he like his legs froggied up under him?
December 6th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I have no idea if he likes that or not Kristen. I will mess around with positions and see if that works. There is no option for froggied legs with the K'tan but maybe I can do my own adjustments to see if I can. I think he just does not like being confined because he does not like being swaddled these days either so thinking he would not like froggied legs???

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post

my hand is under his butt in this pic so even though its hard to tell with the wrap he is basically straight up.

and closer pic to see the wrap..... I start at the basic X on chest and back and slide the outer loop down around my waist

then the under ring makes the back suport side suport and seat to hold him up the seat stops at the back of his knees

then I pull up the outer ring up to go under his legs and butt (whole legs but will pull to the side if he gets kicky and do from back of knees and butt only) from the other direction and pull him into me from the front

then I pull up any extra fabric and twist it under the shoulder section to keep it tight.

this is just how I found works for him but idk if its how you are "supposed to wear" a baby
You are awesome..thank you so much for taking the time and posting photos for me to use as a guide to use for that position!! Thank you thank you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search