First Time Mommies

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 01:35 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you feeling about new motherhood these days? Do you feel like you've got the swing of things? Or are you still getting the hang of it? Anything you are worrying about?
cincy1luv likes this.
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

December 11th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Pageturner
I feel good! I am very lucky, he is such an easy baby. He sleeps at night, he eats well, he only cries when he's hungry...plus I've been taking care of other people's babies for a long time so I know what to do.

The only thing that's hard to get used to is shopping with him by myself...deciding whether to put the carseat on the shopping cart, use the stroller, or finagle the baby carrier myself. lol
Belita and abur like this.
December 11th, 2012, 01:55 PM
DH always wants to use the stroller I think it's easiest to put the carseat on the cart!

December 11th, 2012, 02:00 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we put the carseat on the cart too. i dont have any worries or problems at all i feel great.
abur likes this.

December 11th, 2012, 02:07 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
I feel good about it! I was just telling dh the other day I am proud of myself and I really enjoy it!! We use the cart at the store also!!
abur likes this.
December 11th, 2012, 02:16 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by abur View Post
How are you feeling about new motherhood these days? Do you feel like you've got the swing of things? Or are you still getting the hang of it? Anything you are worrying about?
How are you feeling momma?!
December 11th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I feel the same as you gals, I was thinking earlier about the early weeks and how I never thought I'd survive. Here we are, 2 months and going strong I remember when she started to sleep less and less during the day and wondering how I would get through with her being awake more but now I handle it without even thinking twice!

And now that I don't put as much pressure on BF'ing, I've found it's gotten easier for both of us. With stubbornness she is only getting about 2 bottles of formula I pump enough for feeds and she nurses a lot more now. I almost gave up for a minute there!
bryan and nina and cincy1luv like this.

December 11th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Super Mommy
The first two weeks were definitely the most challenging, but she is 5 weeks old now and I feel like we are getting the swing of it! She never seemed new to us, more like she was always part of our family so that part has been surprisingly easy. One thing I find challenging is how to get everything that I need to done in between feeds, changing, pumping, playtime, but for 5 weeks in I feel like it's going well! :-)
cincy1luv and abur like this.
December 11th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel like I need more sleep... Ive always watched other peoples kids so I feel like Im ok in that regard but if I could just get a little more sleep and if he would let me put him down for more then 5 mins I would be golden!
abur likes this.
December 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
I love mommyhood, but am truly feeling stir crazy. Per the Dr we aren't supposed to take her out before she gets her shots next week (which I think is INSANE but she said our area has been hit pretty hard with the flu and various other illnesses already this season), so on nice days (there haven't been many maybe a handful) I've taken her on walks around the neighborhood. The times I have been out have been twice to Lowes and Babies r Us with the hubby and Alexandra (i had her packed up like the baby in the bubble), once to a park on our area with DH and dd, and about 5 times while hubby has been home to go grocery shopping---not really that fun and once for my Dr appointment! Basically I miss seeing something other than the View or Rachel Ray on TV and definitely miss communicating (even if its to say hello) with other adults. We definitely have a pretty good routine going now. She is a really good baby, but keeps me on my toes all day because she doesn't like to sleep (during the day). She definitely does not cry that much other when she's hungry and I somehow didn't realize it. She gets somewhat fussy in the late afternoon (because of not sleeping during the day) and by the time my hubby gets home around 7 she's snoozing.

If I had to do it again I would say "f" the dr and start taking her out and just be careful. Even though I'm upset she'll probably get upset getting her shots next week, I am happy that we'll be able to go out and do things and I can show her different things and keep her entertained (and keep my sanity).
cincy1luv and abur like this.

December 11th, 2012, 03:16 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i think im getting into a decent swing of things baby wise but there is alot going on life wise and stress/lack of sleep is really starting to get to me I feel like its starting to overflow into my relationship with Connor which makes me feel really bad.

December 11th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're doing pretty well. Ever since I started TTC I said "If I can keep him alive until 6 weeks we'll be good since I've worked with kids 6 weeks and older" and we hit 6 weeks today. I feel like I'm getting a handle on things and getting better at balancing housework and taking care of Sean. He pretty much only cries if there is a problem or he wants to be held so that's great!

It is so much harder to go out with a baby! In some ways it helps save money because I really have to think before running into a store if it's really worth the effort of taking him with me.

December 11th, 2012, 03:49 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Feeling ok ... Dealing with PPD and anxiety makes it pretty rough, but we are making it through. Madalyn is a good baby and I feel lucky that she's putting up with me!
bostoncreampie likes this.

December 11th, 2012, 04:40 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
Jules--she's lucky to have you!

December 11th, 2012, 05:55 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
My girl is wonderful and I love being a mommy. I've got my hands full with baby and house duties but DF is still a huge help. I don't always remember everything I forget baby powder or even laundry in the dryer but I deal I can't complain Riah is an excellent baby and sleeper. I was a wreck before I had her, I didn't think I'd be able to naturally know how to do certain things, but thankfully my instincts kicked in at the last minute (; don't take a single second for granted.
abur likes this.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
December 11th, 2012, 06:25 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
good job guys! it's a hard transition!
LoverlyJules and abur like this.
December 11th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you all are doing well. I agree Kristen it really is a hard transition.
LoverlyJules and abur like this.

December 11th, 2012, 08:19 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I feel great as well. Honestly, it seems very natural to me! I'm absolutely loving being a mom and feel lucky that she seems to be a very good baby that only cries when she's hungry.
Mrs.Paradise and abur like this.

December 11th, 2012, 08:50 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am doing much better the past week. The first couple of weeks were really hard though, I was an emotional wreck. My awful recovery made things so much worse. But luckily I am ALMOST starting to feel human again (5 weeks later.. It's about **** time! lol)

The hardest part for me is not having anyone to comfort me or support me emotionally. Brandon helps out with Ares, but mentally I am totally on my own since we are separated. Sometimes in the middle of the night I'd just like a hug or a shoulder to lean on but nobody is there. Ares fills my heart so much, but I definitely feel like I'm wanting affection and support from a significant other... So that really sucks. I feel like if I had a partner, things would be so much better. I just want love dammnit! lol
abur likes this.

December 12th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Big hugs Leanna!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search