AF EBF? Anyone got AF yet?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ShawnaCAN
  • 1 Post By ShawnaCAN

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2012, 11:37 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
My body is crazy lol. I have yet to get AF and really wouldn't expect too yet but I felt my body try or maybe did ovulate a few weeks ago, but I have never gotten AF and I have been spotting for a week or so now. I was wondering has anyone that is EBF gotten AF yet?
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

December 15th, 2012, 11:45 AM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No AF here yet.

December 15th, 2012, 11:51 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
None here yet, but that spotting means your hormones are fluctuating for sure. Your body can gear up for ovulation multiple times before it is finally successful, this spotting could be related to an attempt at ovulation right now actually. Are you noticing a lot of CM with it? It can also happen if your body tries to ovulate and fails; from the hormones crashing down.

I've had AF back at 2 months while EBF before; but I've also had it stay away for up to 6 months before too. Every PP return of fertility is different!
summithorse likes this.
December 15th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
None here yet, but that spotting means your hormones are fluctuating for sure. Your body can gear up for ovulation multiple times before it is finally successful, this spotting could be related to an attempt at ovulation right now actually. Are you noticing a lot of CM with it? It can also happen if your body tries to ovulate and fails; from the hormones crashing down.

I've had AF back at 2 months while EBF before; but I've also had it stay away for up to 6 months before too. Every PP return of fertility is different!
Not a lot of CM so I don't think I did ovulate. I know more hormones are doing something cause I have been feeling nauseated a lot. We aren't using birth control so that is why I am trying to keep up with it all so if I did get pregnant I would know. We haven't had sex but 2 times though since having the baby.

I have been really cramp too so I am not sure if I did O or not. I went ahead and bought pregnancy test just to be safe but I am really not wanting to get pregnant just yet.

I think with my DD I got AF around her being 4 months old. Thanks for the info that helps!

December 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Did you know you can track your CM right now and watch for a certain pattern to tell the difference between a failed attempt at ovulation and a successful one? You can tell whether any given day is fertile or infertile that way too; to know when DTD can result in conception and when it can't. You don't need to be cycling for it to work.
December 15th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Really? No I didn't know that. I am very dry when I am EBF so do you have to do it internally?

December 15th, 2012, 12:08 PM
No, you don't have to do it internally or even touch the CM with your fingers at all. I follow (and teach) the Billings Ovulation Method way of doing it. There's also the Creighton Model too. Both are as effective as the Pill - minus the side effects. It's important to learn how from an instructor though. That's because each woman's CM patterns are unique, so you need to learn what your individual CM patterns mean for you (which observations are fertile, which are infertile, etc). You can meet with a teacher face to face, take an online course and have contact with a teacher via email, or work with one long distance by Skype/phone.
jessjillmama likes this.
December 15th, 2012, 12:10 PM
okay thanks for the info!! I will look into it.

December 15th, 2012, 12:29 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, I don't get my fertility back until I'm down to nursing 3 or 4 times in a 24 hour period. With my first I ovulated the first time at 10 1/2 months pp (got pregnant off that actually so never did get an af), with my second I got my first af at 14 months pp, and with my third I got my first af at 18 months pp. I'm sure it'll be quite a long while before I see it again.

And my body gears up to ovulate many times before it actually does. And when I do finally start ovulating again, my cycle is extremely messed up--don't ovulate until cycle day 30 (on averag) and a short luteal phase (starts at 6 days and with supplements I can get it to 11 days after a few months.).

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

December 15th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Nope not yet. Although, yesterday I had a tiny bit of pink spotting when I went to the bathroom but that's it..no more.

December 15th, 2012, 01:48 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Yep, mine came back 7 weeks PP with Josiah, and 6 weeks PP with Jamison, and I EBF. I have already had two periods (21 days apart, blech), and now on day 15 I'm heavily spotting. I'm not sure if it is ovulation, or if my body is just really out of whack and I'm going to have a short cycle again. If this ends up being another period, I'm going to call my OB, because these are super short cycles even for me. I typically have a 24 day cycle.

December 15th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not yet. I think with dd out was 6 months so I am 6 months again

December 15th, 2012, 03:22 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
With DD #2, who I nursed, I got my first PP AF at 13 months (had spotting at 12 months and then got full on AF at 13 months). This time, I'm 8 weeks out and feeling crampy, but it's been so long since I was at this stage that I can't remember if this is normal or not.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

December 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I started before I had my 6 week ish PP appointment, and its gotten worse since I had the depo shot

December 15th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Pumping only 2x per day an none here yet. 8 weeks pp

December 15th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had pp bleeding until 13 Weeks pp with Rebecca, and started my period at 16 Weeks pp. it sucked. I had 2 Weeks of pp bleeding and started my period at 15 months pp with Elias. I just stopped the pp bleeding about 10 days ago, and have spotting today. Seriously hoping it's not my cycle coming back already! I will be a very unhappy mommy!!
December 15th, 2012, 09:10 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my period before 6 weeks pp but havent gotten it this month yet... im worried lol

December 15th, 2012, 09:59 PM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
Not here yet and im 8 weeks pp. I didnt get it till 4 months pp with #2 and I think thats just cause I got the IUD.

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

December 17th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Well I am still spotting been spotting for almost 2 weeks now and Beaux is 11 weeks old. I think I am going to stop EBF though in the next week or so so I am sure it will start back up then. I don't know what my body is doing now. I got AF with my DD around 4 months.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search