How to know if baby got first tooth?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2012, 08:35 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I put my finger in Jaydens mouth and was rubbing around on his gums because hes been chewing his pacifier and drooling. So I felt something very small and sharp and when I looked in his mouth it looked like a little white dot. Is this a tooth?

December 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Jinnah
Sounds like it is!
December 16th, 2012, 09:58 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Sounds like it! The bottom front two are almost always the first to come in, so if that is where the white dot is, I would say it probably is!

December 16th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Nope its on the top left. Should I call the pediatrician to see if it is his tooth? I cannot think of what else it would be.

December 16th, 2012, 10:48 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
hmm...i've never known a baby who got that tooth before the bottom ones. Have you checked closely to see if there is anything coming in on the bottom? I have heard of them getting the top basically at the same time as the bottom two front, but never before. Anyone else want to chime in? I don't think you need to make a call to the pedi just yet, but I'd keep an eye on it, and if you have any concern that it is NOT a tooth, then call.

December 16th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I looked online and I seen a couple people who said they had teeth on the top come in first. I looked on the bottom and see where it looks like teeth would come in but no teeth.

December 16th, 2012, 11:42 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ares feels like he has a top tooth coming in also!!! And he is barely turning six weeks tomorrow, seems SO early.

December 16th, 2012, 11:44 PM
I just looked at some more websites and although they say they should get bottom two then top two there was tons of moms who said their children got the top first. But this isnt even in the middle top its to the side. But i really cannot think of anything else white and sharp that would break through his gums.

December 17th, 2012, 12:33 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Exactly... What else could it be?! Sounds like he is teething!

December 17th, 2012, 03:06 AM
So I just checked again and he has another tooth breaking through on the right side of the top of his gums. I just cant think what else this would be besides a tooth. I guess ill just call the pediatrician and ask him.

December 17th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Veteran
It's a tooth.. don't worry. My ds got his first at top right. He drooled a lot at that time and like to munch my fingers.. lol! sometimes he used his hands, he was so uneasy at those times.
December 17th, 2012, 12:40 PM
So does the pediatrician need to know or no?

December 17th, 2012, 12:48 PM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
I have a friend who's baby got her eye teeth first There is a sequence that most babies follow but of course not all babies are the same. I wouldn't call but that's just me.

December 17th, 2012, 02:17 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It feels like Hannah has the same....haven't been able to look too closely, but it feels like she has sharp spots on her top gums. I figured it was just how her gums were since it's on both sides...
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

December 17th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah thats what i thought too but i cant imagine what would be sharp in a babys gum lol

December 17th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Elias got his top teeth before bottom. Actually, he's getting 2 year molars now, and it is the FIRST TIME he's getting bottom first! All the other times he's gotten top first! He didn't follow normal sequence at all either. Top and bottom incisors, canines, molars, then lateral incisors. His last tooth to come in was his bottom right lateral incisor, and it came in crooked, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search