Gallbladder Issues

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By marybethsmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 12:48 AM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So about three weeks after I had Jayden I was getting pretty intense abdominal pains right under my breasts through to my back. I googled it and it said it was most likely gallbladder attacks so one night the pain was unbearable, I went to the hospital and turns out I have gallstones. Have any of you ladies had gallbladder attacks, if so, what do you do to stop the pain? The doctor said it is common for a woman to develop gallstones after having a baby.

December 17th, 2012, 02:04 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I don't have any history of this but 3 years ago Bryan had to have his taken out. He had a large stone block the tube where it drained from so basically the gallbladder couldn't release the acids like it normally does I guess. Typically this is a simple procedure since they do it laparoscopically but he has a lot of scarring from a car wreck so they had to cut him open and it was a pretty tough recovery.
Are they going to wait and see if your stones go away? Google it, I think there are several foods you can eat to try to break them up.
Hope you feel better soon; I know the pain must be pretty intense!

December 17th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Today is the first day that the pain has lasted literally all day. I thought it was pms cramps but it wont ho away and its higher up where my gallbladder pain usually is. Im going to have to get it removed, ive just been putting it off.

December 17th, 2012, 04:17 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Yeah I would get it done ASAP!! Typically you are in and out since they just make a tiny incision so hopefully it won't be too big of a deal. They took bryans whole gall bladder... Good luck!!

December 17th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I have gallstones too and need mine out, but I've been putting it off Pear juice actually seems to help reduce some of the pain believe it or not, its worth a try. Hope you feel better, its no fun!

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

December 17th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I started having problems after my first. I don't have stones, but a lot of trash. I have been medicated since. it helps, but I still have attacks every now and then. I would like to get it out and new done.

December 17th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Please ladies don't put it off! My dad almost died last year after his ruptured & he became septic. Spent a week in ICU. I had mine out in 2004 after seven years of pain! The surgery is not bad at all!!
marinewife01 likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 08:00 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husbands had them for a few years. If he had an attack, which hasn't been in a long time he takes pain meds. But he got a cocktail of herbs and vitamins from my eastern med dr to dissolve the stone ( your dr will tell u this can't happen) and he hasn't had ant trouble since.... It's like 6 things he takes for 30 days. He does it once every 6 or so months.

He had all his attacks when he would eat red meat (steak), drink alcohol, or just eat un healthy for a period of time in general.... I'm sure it's different for everyone as far as what it is that brings on the attacks but I would look for patterns in what u eat when u get one....

Honestly I would like him to Judy get the surgery and get it over with. I hear u heal easy, but he doesn't do well with surgery... He had a BAD experience in surgery once.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
December 17th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Yeah I know I need the surgery because I dont want my gallbladder to rupture and the surgery takes less than an hour and it can be done as an out patient.

December 17th, 2012, 09:06 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
I had mine taken out at 17 which was 11 years ago. I would get it out. I was losing weight so quick and so sick. My sister was so bad she was on iv fluid for a while! Its a in and out. You will feel so much better!
December 17th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Is their a healing process or will I come home and be able to take care of myself?

December 17th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The healing process is short. I took a week off work. Uncomfortable for awhile, but I'd say after a few days you could take care of yourself.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search