When...? (OT)

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By marybethsmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2012, 07:52 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
When do you open presents? Christmas morning? Christmas Eve? Another time? What traditions do you have surrounding the opening of the Christmas gifts?

(Just curious...I love hearing what everyone does!)

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 20th, 2012, 07:54 AM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
We go home to Az and my dad gets up has a cup of coffee then he passes out the presents Christmas morning.

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

December 20th, 2012, 08:00 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Since I'm from Germany and we have Christmas/ open presents on the 24th, we will keep that tradition with emmelyn and let her open one or two on the 24th and then some on the 25th. The 25th is really just another day in Germany; we don't do any celebrations then. So I'd like to make the 24th special to her as well.

December 20th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We do Christmas Eve with my parents. Separate presents into piles by person. Then we all sit on floor & go around taking turns until all are opened. Santa come Christmas morning, & we exchange presents with each other. Dh & I have been exchanging ornaments since we started dating in high school, so we each get an ornament in our stocking

December 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
We let the boys open 1 present on Christmas Eve. Then we will go to Christmas Eve service at our church. Then Santa comes on Christmas morning and DS comes and wakes us up and we all come in here by the tree and open all of our gifts.

So fun!!

December 20th, 2012, 09:34 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybethsmom View Post
.Dh & I have been exchanging ornaments since we started dating in high school, so we each get an ornament in our stocking
That is so sweet

We open Christmas presents on Christmas Eve after church. When I was growing up we'd separate the presents into piles by person and go around taking turns opening up gifts, but I'm not sure how that will work this year with a 2-year old who LOVES presents.

Santa comes on Christmas morning and puts little things in our stockings.

This is really the first year that Claire "gets" Christmas, and it is so much fun to see her getting excited about it!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 20th, 2012, 10:14 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
dh and i open gifts christmas morning, and this year should be so much since our daughter is 2 and knows whats going on a little more. besides that we visit his family and mine on seperate days.
December 20th, 2012, 10:31 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
We are going to my sisters this weekend along with my other sister and my brothers! We will exchange gifts and open 1at our house on the 24rh and the rest Christmas morning! This year Christmas day we are going to my brother in laws they have a new baby also and moving to cali in February!
December 20th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids usually get up around 6am and as soon as everyone is up they go to town.

December 20th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We do DH's family on Christmas Eve and my family on Christmas Day.

December 20th, 2012, 12:07 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have three younger siblings who still believe in Santa, so I will continue going over to my mom's house Christmas morning so we can all spend it as a family. Once they are into their teens I will start my own tradition at my house with Ares. And by that point he will really "get" the whole idea of Christmas... I can't wait!!!

December 20th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Peytonsmomma
this year things changed once again but for the best Christmas eve is always spent with my family, my family cooks all day, its the one day of the year i like being around all of them, we eat, open presents from my family, christmas morning santa comes, then we will open up presents and have a dinner at our house...i cant wait bc we decided to not go to his sisters YAY!!! so this is therons first christmas, our first christmas fully as a family (long story short dsd's mom decided she had to have her last christmas) our first christmas as home owners!
December 20th, 2012, 02:06 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybethsmom View Post
We do Christmas Eve with my parents. Separate presents into piles by person. Then we all sit on floor & go around taking turns until all are opened. Santa come Christmas morning, & we exchange presents with each other. Dh & I have been exchanging ornaments since we started dating in high school, so we each get an ornament in our stocking
this, minus the ornament part.

this year we are starting the pj tradition on christmas eve, and i am going to start buying dh a cheesy mug every year for his stocking. this year its a vintage dad mug.

Last edited by bostoncreampie; December 20th, 2012 at 02:09 PM.
December 20th, 2012, 04:45 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
We open our presents as a family on the morning of the 25th, and later in the afternoon we exchange with my parents and my sister in law and her family.

El

December 20th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Pageturner
Our Christmas will go like this: Christmas eve we are going to church with my MIL, and DH's Grandma Betty and his Aunt Sherri. And possibly my parents too. Then we will all go back to our house, except my parents, and have a christmas eve dinner and exchange presents between us and the MIL/grandma/Aunt. Then Christmas morning, we will have our own special family time. Levi and I will exchange gifts and stockings with each other, and open Mikey's gifts and stocking, and our dog's stocking. lol. Then we will head over to my parents' house and do presents there with them and my sister and her kids, and my mom fills a stocking for everyone too. And then we will have Christmas dinner, which is going to be gumbo, i think.
December 20th, 2012, 06:29 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We always give each other one gift on Christmas Eve and exchange the rest on Christmas. We then spend Christmas with our families.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search