security blankets

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2012, 08:05 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I have aquired more security blankets than I know what to do with. So how do you help a baby become attached to one? Do you just let them hang out with different ones and see which they take to? My kids have never attached to security objects aside from myself, so I have no idea how it happens. Like I have said about the binkie, it would be nice if she had something that made her secure to fall asleep with sometimes.
abur likes this.
December 26th, 2012, 08:18 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
My DD has a blankie that she still drags around a lot. I started giving it to her when she was about 3 or 4 months. I would just put it in her arms all the time when she would sleep or when she is laying around. She just became attached by herself. I have been trying already with Beaux with one as well.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

December 26th, 2012, 10:56 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jett has about 5 now also .... I don't know but he LOVES holding onto blankets, he's always holding on to his burp clothes, and he'll grab onto his sleeves when we try to change him. He's always rubbing his face while holding onto a blanket, so I want him to hold one of his cute security blankets vs a puky burp cloth... I'm going to just keep this Carter's raccoon one he got on Christmas. He seems to like it. The head rattles.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
December 26th, 2012, 11:24 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I have several as well. We just got another one for Christmas. This one is cute; it has a rattely bear attached to a small piece of blanket.

December 27th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We also have several. I often forget to do this, but I do what jessjillmama does and just put them in his arms. He doesn't seem to really care yet.

December 27th, 2012, 02:17 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Great question! We have acquired several, and I have no idea what to do with them. Claire never used one despite my attempts.

Isn't it too dangerous still for them to have something loose while they sleep?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 27th, 2012, 03:26 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think when the sleep yes, but maybe during the day when they're just hanging out?? It would 100% be dangerous for Jett. Every blanket he has he covers his face with it while he's rubbing his face.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
December 27th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Pageturner
We have a duck one but I haven't given it to him yet. We have one blanket that we always use to cover him up, it was my baby blanket too :-) he will probably be attached since we use it so much.
December 27th, 2012, 05:25 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hunter doesn't have one now b/c i figured it's pointless. My daughter has a bear that is her security blanket. she sleeps with it every night, and HAS to have it. she'll stroke the ribbon while she's trying to fall asleep. i just stuck the bear in her crib when she was smaller and could have things in there and i didn't have to worry about her getting hurt. she naturally got attached to it. She did have a blanket she liked but doesnt carry it around anymore just the bear.
December 27th, 2012, 05:25 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Good question!! I will try through the day when shes awake!!
December 27th, 2012, 07:28 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Mia never really had one, but Elizabeth picked one on her own when we transitioned her to her crib & nightweaned, around 16/17 months. Lucky Dog has been with her ever since and it's hell if we can't find him, lol! I've been meaning to do a photo session of her with Lucky Dog

All of my kids have been given an elephant security blanket/lovey from my mom. I'm hoping to get William attached to it!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

December 27th, 2012, 10:00 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
my sister in law gave ruby this crazy hot pink softy with satin trim and a crazy black and white pattern on the other side, i think it this one Black Dynasty
honestly its hideous to me but she said her daughter adores hers so thats why she got it. its so super soft and lush, but a bit over the top for me. ruby also got a really sweet giraffe, a monkey, and has 2 other handme down ones plush an a+a muslin blankie that i got her when she was born. kind of funny how many she has considering my boys never took to any,

Last edited by bostoncreampie; December 27th, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
December 27th, 2012, 11:30 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I don't give him his blankie when he is asleep just when he is awake at this point. When he sleeps at night he is swaddled so he couldn't hold it anyways.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search