mommy ?s and opinions

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Jinnah
  • 1 Post By lavenderlady
  • 2 Post By JillMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2012, 10:40 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my lump post for this week

today I belive 2 little girls saw there first"boy parts" While I was changing Connor I also used the "youll have to ask you mom" line........ oppsy I feel kinda bad but idk what to do about it is there anything your supposed to be doing while changing a boy in a public restroom to avoid accidental education?

Does anyone else have pregnancy fear? I didnt think we chould have kids and now im incesently afraid of being pregnant agin but I really dont want to go on birth control (my mom had terrible emotional/physical side effects from hormonal, im to young to consider anything permanant, and iud's scare me for some reson) plus the whole no period while BFing thing is not helping my current paranoia. i keep wanting to buy tests just to make sure im not but i dont want to start becuse right now i feel like id probablly take one everyday lol. im starting to reconsider birth control but im just so uneasy with it i feel like no matter which way i go it will be wrong.

my SO just got in contact with a "little cousin" and relized she is older then me (SO is 17 years older then me) its like he doesnt remember my age at all which in this case is kind of cute but normally its annoying. he has literally complained about "your generation" to me before. and when he gets mad hes all why are you so imature ...um im freaking 21 im not going to act like a 40 year old that doesnt make me immature it makes me not freaking 40. IDK i think that paragraph was just a random rant lol.

If my LO was born at 5 lbs 8 ozs oct 12 and I just moved him into size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothing is he growing to fast? i know that sounds weird but his 2 month was delayed by the holidays so its actually going to be at 3 months and iv suddenly become paranoid the doctor will say im feeding him to much. I swear he has almost tripled his birth weight (although theres no way to tell for sure till the appointment)

does anyone else suddenly want candy for every meal? i swear I didnt even crave sweets this much when i was pregnant.

i think thats all my randomeness for now enjoy lol

December 27th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Jinnah
LOL, love your random post!

The mom should supervise better if she doesn't want them seeing a baby getting a diaper change.

I'm no help with birth control as I don't like it either. We do Natural Family Planning (avoidance at certain times) and the withdrawal method, which isn't a good idea if you couldn't deal with a pregnancy if it did happen.

Call him an old man. LOL, J/K.

I'm not much help on weight gain, either, as Elijah is HUGE (6-9 month clothing and size 3 diapers getting small)

I love candy! Always have!
December 27th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Veteran
I'm having a really hard time with the fear of getting pregnant as well. I was on the pill for 20 years and it was a huge relief to get off it while we were trying to conceive, but I miss the confidence I had taking it to prevent pregnancy. We are now using condoms and I don't care for them, but like you iud's scare me. There is no other form of birth control besides the condoms that are right for me at this time.

My daughter was born at 5 lbs 15 oz and weighed 11 lbs 4 oz at her 10 week appointment. I'm happy she has almost doubled her weight since birth.

I hear you on the candy! I've always had a sweet tooth but I was able to eat it in moderation. Now I must have some sort of sweets every night after dinner. With all the Christmas goodies hanging around the house I find myself indulging more often. I will be glad when they're all gone!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.
December 28th, 2012, 01:21 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Interesting Q about the @accudental education". I have no idea. guess their mom should supervise better, like pp said?! Lol.

Yeah we are using condoms as well because hormones and breast feeding doesn't go together, in my book. It scares me too! But yeah they suck! Are you at least using those??

About the sweets, I am so there too! Weird! I wonder if it's from us needing extra calories because of breast feeding?!

Good luck with your so. Bryan and I are almost 10 years apart and I know the age difference is tough sometimes!

December 28th, 2012, 02:46 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm also in the same boat with pregnancy. My dh and I tried 3 times to get pregnant and all 3 times we did, we had two early miscarriages, so obviously were fertile together. We had the "we'll pull out who cares if we get pregnant again" mindset too until my dr said it would be dangerous for me to get pregnant quickly after a c section. We're using condoms but they're so uncomfortable for me, so until I get my period I'm almost don't want to have sex at all....... Which sucks. I miss it.

Penis question. Those dumba$$ moms should have already discussed with their little girls that boys have a penis. Not your place. I should have said the same thing.

Your SO needs to shut his hole with that "your generation" bs. You def should pull the same stuff with him opposite. Tell him stuff about HIS generation and how old he is, see if be likes it.

I would say your little guy is def growing fast, but I can't imagine why a dr would think that's a problem.

I was never a sugar lover until I got pregnant. I thought it would go away and it hasn't. I love candy!! Lol

Love all your questions. Haha!

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
December 28th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a simular thing happen on Christmas eve! I was changing Landon's diaper and my niece was there and asked "what's that?" She's 4 and they only have girls so I told her it was a boys private part..

Im scared to death about getting pregnant again... I need to go in to my doctor but just haven't done it yet... and I'm not sure what type of bc I should get on...

I agree with Jill about your so! Lol tell him hes old!
December 28th, 2012, 10:50 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I' totally with ya about BC. Not at all comfortable with the long term health risks ir side effects of synthetic hormones or the idea of forcing a perfectly healthy part of my body to dysfunction. I like me the way I am! We use the Billings Ovulation Method because it's 99%, even before cycles are back and no need to do anything else that interferes with intimacy. We've never had a surprise with it in spite of being very fertile. Takes some time and effort to learn it well so it can be effective, but for us/my health - the effort was very worth it. It's some of the most valuable knowledge I've ever acquired, even beyond it's use for family planning.
December 28th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I have had a sweet tooth since being pregnant..never went away!!! It's weird because I never really craved sweets before this last pregnancy. Wonder if Nina is right about the extra calories thing??? I just had a slice of coffee cake..mmmmmmmmm

December 28th, 2012, 12:50 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
My sweet tooth has never went away either!! Lol! Parents should know what to expect going in to a bathroom!
December 28th, 2012, 06:11 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im always afraid im going to get pregnant me and DF dtd all the time so I have to get on bc asap. Jayden has doubled his birth weight so hes around 14-15 pounds and still wears size 1 diapers although im about to move to size 2 and he is still in 0-3 month clothing. I thought he was growing too fast but he is really tall so that adds to his weight. I wouldnt worry about it, hes healthy.

December 28th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Peytonsmomma
We dtd all the time also, i just got on the ring yesterday
Jill- my dr told me yesterday that for a csection birth she recom
December 28th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Peytonsmomma
Ughhh stupid phone anyways my dr recommends to try again when he is 6 months and a year for a vbac,
to the OP we are almost 8 years apart his family gives us problems with the difference

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search