Working mama check in

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2013, 07:41 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
It's been awhile since we've had a check in. How are you doing back at work? How many hours a week are you working? Has your baby adjusted? Are you happy with how things are going?
January 3rd, 2013, 07:49 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
I have been back since Dec 3rd worked 3 wks and was off a week and a half so it was nice and now back! I work 40hrs m-f. Its getting easier but she is all I think about and 4pm can not come soon enough!! She really likes her sitter and they keep her busy! I am happy with how things are going andI get a update everyday on how her day was, diaper changes, feedings and when she gets older naps and stuff will be on her daily sheet!
January 3rd, 2013, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Back to school now. Full-time. I actually resigned from an extra committee that I was part of because I want to get home to Madalyn! I know she's well taken care of and safe since she's with my mom during the day. Definitely puts my mind at ease, but I still miss her like crazy!!

January 3rd, 2013, 09:11 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Working about 25hrs a week since thanksgiving. It's going well. I'm pumping 2-3 times while I'm there. I seem to get more and more every week!! Jett's adjusting great to day care. I really like the teacher he has taking care of him. All in all it's going well.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
January 3rd, 2013, 09:30 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I just started back to my general music job today. It is the only one of my three jobs that truly feels like a JOB... I'm really good at it, but it isn't as perfect of a fit as my other two jobs. I come home drained from my general music job, and come home energized from my other two jobs. The general music job is 9:30-11:30 on Thursday mornings. It was really hard for me to get both boys dressed and fed and me looking professional! I got out the door on time, but missed breakfast. Setting the alarm earlier next week. The day went fine, but I can tell this is going to be a challenging group of students, particularly my ALL BOYS 4-6th grade class. Jamison did well with my mom... I'm thankful that he takes a bottle well. My boobs felt like they were going to explode by the time I got home!

I'll start back to my private voice students next Wednesday- that job is easy for me, because the boys are home with Daddy, and it is in the evening, so a lot of the time I'm away is dinnertime, meaning they don't really miss me too much.

My Music Together class will start on the 18th, and I'm actually really looking forward to that, because my Mom is going to bring the boys to participate in the class!

January 3rd, 2013, 10:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I start back on Monday

January 4th, 2013, 11:24 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
I work full-time and Wednesday was my first day back & Madilyn's first day in daycare. So far, everything is going smoothly. She has done well in daycare & has actually started going to bed before 1am the past 2 nights---I hope this continues! I still miss the heck out of my babies though and 4pm can never come soon enough!

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

January 4th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I've been back since 11/30 working about 25hrs a week. Although I've had the past 2 weeks off for school winter break, so I've been somewhat spoiled in not having to get up early. I was supposed to return back on Wednesday but bronchitis, sinus infections, and gallbladder attacks have bought me a little extra time at home.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

January 6th, 2013, 03:25 PM
kathleenbean108's Avatar Pregnant with baby #3
I have to have the baby at daycare by 6 am every morning in order to get to work to run with the platoon by 620. It is hectic and every morning I forget something at home, whether it be my combat boots, breast pump, or uniform all together. Good thing Grant works in the same building but leaves after me so I call him to gather what my absent mind has forgotten. Starting this week the other 4 kids start at a new daycare that he will have to get off in the morning. Its crazy but we are making due.

Robert Thomas

Rachel Marie

Drayana Abigail

Gabriel Andrew
January 8th, 2013, 10:33 PM
kaylarayne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Work is fine but I sure miss my baby girl and I am really struggling with the pumping. I pump every 2 hours...and I get only 2 oz each time I pump and that is TOTAL from both breasts. I am still nursing in the morning, night and weekends though so we are working on it. We had to break down and supplement with formula though

January 8th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm here. I'm doing okay. I am still the work a holic but I'm missing her like crazy I've been pulling over 103+ hours every two weeks, this week I've only did 2 hours of OT outside my normal shift but I am working 3 hours on my day off on Saturday lol

My meds I take have been helping a lot and getting me through the day. I still wish I can be a sahm vs my husband being a sahd

January 9th, 2013, 05:48 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been back to work full-time since November the week after thanksgiving. It hasn't been too bad, an adjustment at nights especially since dh works 2nd shift and i'm alone with the kids trying to make dinner, and other normal night time stuff. But we're getting into a groove. Hunter has adjusted okay I think, there's some days where he's in a pissy mood, then fine when I get home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search