shots reflux and more

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2013, 04:13 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
alrighty then we had our 2 month apointmet (allthough he is just shy of 3 now) sappy mommy reminesing inbound.............. its hard to belive that about 3 months ago he was 5lb 8.5 oz and 17 in at his birth. I look at my little bundle on the bed and it feels like barely a memory that he spent 2 weeks in the hospital and went as low as 4 lbs before he got to come home with me. but hes definatly makeing up for it he just weighed in at 14lbs 2 oz and 23in

so for a run down if you guys have any experiance input or other doctor recomendatins please let me know i like haveing lots of options lol.

cradle cap- his doctor recommended using selson blue dandruff shampoo just be carefull of the eyes and wash it completly off after 5 min

belly button hernia- nothing will be done untill he is at least 2-3 if it still hasnt resolved naturaly

acid reflux- perscribed luiquad zantax....and i swear to you tonight was so much better then any night in the last month dear god i feel so bad now about the last month but im so glad he can actuallly lay down now. although he is still crying in his sleep so now im not sure if thats related to the acid anymore?

vacines- he recived them all (and will probably continue to) however about an hr afterward his legs turned red and he started inconsolably screaming for about 15 min I finally got him calmed down enough to nurse and it basicaly just disapered maybe he was just really hungry idk has anyone had an experiance like this in relation to geting shots.....if it is from the shots is there something i can give him next time

Other- nothing else is wrong with him lol no ear infection aparently ungodly amounts of ear wax is normal in babies who knew.......... no thrush or tething aparntly he just enjoys randomly biteing my nipples............no cold hes just a naturaly snotty baby lol

^^^^^im starting to get the feeling that whatever person made this list is a hyperparanoid mother

there is only one thing i dont like they gave me like an office handout and it may be old material (my ob office was always like that theyd give me a handout then when i ask about things on the handout the doctors whould tell me not to do that becuse it wasnt safe................then why the f did your office give me material that recommended that i do it *facepalm*) anywho it says to start spoonfeeding iorn ceral at 3 moths and that we will duscuss the introduction of fruits and veggies at the 4 month apointment.................i really want to wait to 6 months and skip ceral or even just wait til he shows interest it just seems more convinate and makes more sense i dont feel like force feeding him and getting all worked up becuse he wont eat it... but im almost certain if SO hears we can give him food he will want to And I feel like he should have a say in it uggg idk what to do I know i will stress if im trying to get him to eat and he refuses becuse ill feel like im failing but if SO thinks it better for him to be trying foods then shouldnt that also be his decesion (and before you say show him the studies he has allready looked them up himself he puts more stock in scincey stuff then i do).

Last edited by NewGurl; January 8th, 2013 at 04:18 AM.
January 8th, 2013, 05:40 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
As far as the Zantac goes, it might take several doses to get the problem under control. Hang in there, and after a few days I bet you'll see a HUGE difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
(and before you say show him the studies he has allready looked them up himself he puts more stock in scincey stuff then i do).
If he puts more stock in "sciency stuff" then he should want to wait for solids until at least 6 months...that's what the latest research shows is best.

Glad he's growing so well!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 8th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a good appointment!
I use baby oil and a comb for Eve's cradle cap. It takes a few days and some work, but it went away. My pedi also told me to be sure to scrub behind her ears with a washcloth, because they can get cradle cap type skin build up there as well. If you don't scrub it off it will get red and irritated. Eve also had it in her eyebrows, so I scrubbed that area with a washcloth as well.
I don't plan on giving Eve any type of solids until 6 months. My pedi says 5 or 6 months depending on the readiness of the baby. It doesn't work to feed them when they still have a strong tongue-thrust reflex.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search