Jillmama

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 03:43 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
...I may have missed your thread but how did Jett do with the dairy you ate?? And didn't you do tomato sauce as well?

I also wanted to ask a few questions since I have to go dairy less as well now. The pedi told me to go to the extreme of reading labels to check for dairy content. Did you do that?? It's ridiculous; even our bread has milk in it!! I feel like I'm wasting away because there is hardly anything I can eat! I bought almond milk yesterday and found a cereal that doesn't have milk in the ingredients ("bear naked" honey almond granola. It's yummy!!) so at least I can breakfast now. So did you go to that extreme? And for how long did you eliminate it? Thx!

January 9th, 2013, 05:14 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi!!! No I didn't go to that etreme. Geeze that sucks Nina . Thank goodness you found a yummy cereal though. I did read a lot of labels. I love chocolate milk. So I've been drinking almond with ovaltien. It's really good. U can also make hot cocoa without dairy. I bought vegan cheese and it was repulsive. Coconut milk ice cream is tasty.

One of my girl friends has a baby exactly one month younger than Jett and he's sensitive to dairy AND eggs. so she can't eat anything made with either, can u imagine??

Jett's doing pretty good now. I eat dairy a little everyday but just a tiny bit, like a slice of cheese in a sandwich or sour cream on my egg burrito and he seems ok. I'm way to nervous to actually drink a glass of milk or anything like that, plus I really like the almond milk. I do notice he will spit up a lot more, have more reflux if I I over do it on the dairy.

So far he's had no reaction to the pizza either!! I'm so excited. I only ate 1/2 a piece to test it, but he's been happy as can be.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
January 9th, 2013, 05:28 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
That's fantastic!!! I bet if you re-introduce it slowly, he will do fine.

I have noticed Emmy spitting up less; not that she did it a lot before but it was maybe once a day.. Now it's just a tiny bit if she even does it at all.
The biggest "symptom" for her is the mucus in her stool. It hasn't gotten better yet. I'm actually about to post another thread because she now has diarrhea. Not sure if that's from the shots still or from the sensitivity.

So glad to hear little Jett is better though!! good work mama. And yeah, I really like almond milk too. Trying to stay away from soy (although I did get some soy ice cream) bc I read a lot of babies with milk allergy also react to soy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search