Yet another question

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 05:34 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I bet y'all are getting a little tired of all my issues. Lol. But I have one more question.
Emmy has had diarrhea since probably Saturday or Sunday. Just to recap, her stools have had mucus in them and last Thursday we went to the pediatritians and she said probably dairy allergy and told me to eliminate it. But since this weekend her stools have become very watery and they have that acidic diarrhea smell to them. Could that be from the vaccinations still? Today is Wednesday and she had a huge bowel movement this morning and it was still super watery. Is it something I need to call the pedi about? She doesn't seem in distress other than before a bowel movement; she gets very squirmy and restless. And her tummy has been gurgling a lot.. But she is eating well and like I said, doesn't seem to be in constant distress or anything.
Thanks for the help once again!!

January 9th, 2013, 05:40 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of Ailish's poops are watery. No acidic smell though. I would guess it could still be a reaction to the vaccines. I know my younger brother had a very bad reaction to the dtap vaccine and it lasted several days. He couldn't get it again, but that was a really bad reaction.

If Emmy is acting normally I wouldn't be concerned.

Theres also a nasty bug going around that involves throwing up and diarrhea. Everyone in my family but Ailish has it. Even my extended family all have it. My sister said her ds has been having such bad diarrhea his butt is raw and bleeding.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

January 9th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Thanks Jenn! Yeah the diarrhea started maybe 2 days after the vaccines. Her stools were always loose too but now you can see like water seeping in the cloth diaper around the actual poop. Tmi, sorry. Lol. But I don't know how else to explain it. It's obviously a lot more watery than before. Plus that acidic smell!
I'll give it another few days. Does anyone know how long I should expect it to last if it's residual from the vaccines?

January 9th, 2013, 05:47 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Yes, if she still eatting I would just watch a few more days! Im sure its from the shots to!!
bryan and nina likes this.
January 9th, 2013, 06:00 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jett had poop like that for 2 weeks after his shots!! He had poop all the way on top of his penis, that's how watery they were. Darn rotavirus

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
January 9th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no advice. Just wanted to send some hugs and hope Emmy feels better soon.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
January 9th, 2013, 07:22 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
More than likely its from the rotavirus vaccine. My pedi said it'll last about a week & to make sure you're washing your hands really well after each diaper change. Rotavirus has a HORRIBLE smell....one that takes forever to leave your nose!

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

January 9th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Thanks Elli.

See Jill, that's what I heard about the rota vax but Emmy didn't get that! We opted to refuse that one. I actually ended up putting in a call to the nurses because of yet another issue we are having; the doctor made us aware that her head is misfiring ever so slightly because she lays on her right so much. Every night when she sleeps she turns her head so that she is laying on the right side. I didn't even really pay that much attention to it but now that she mentioned it, I realize how bad it is. I can't get her to turn her head, even if I put toys on the oter side.
It's always something. Lol

Thanks Amanda, posted at the same time. Lol. She didn't get that vax though.

January 9th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wow, I've never heard of that! What does the pedi suggest you do to help her turn her head more?

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
January 9th, 2013, 08:07 AM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
Take her to a chiropractor for her head/neck. The underlying issue needs to be fixed. Both Lila and Eleanor have had problems. Luckily I knew to take Eleanor in and it's pretty much resolved.

January 9th, 2013, 08:14 AM
We can't really afford that right now. I've actually thought about that! I'll look into how much it costs but money is really tight.
How many treatments do you think she would need?

January 9th, 2013, 08:16 AM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
We've had 3 but there was a major improvement after the first one.

Have you checked if your insurance covers it?

January 9th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd think the insurance should cover that, since it's an actual health issue for your baby and her physical development!

January 9th, 2013, 10:59 AM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to add that Ares sometimes has VERY watery poops and sometimes they smell acidic too. He's not sick and no vaccines done here!

January 9th, 2013, 01:40 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
no suggestions here, sorry. my kids poop differs on a daily basis from birth and still experiencing it with my 5 year old. i have stopped trying to make sense of it. i hope it's nothing wrong with emmy and its just your normal breastfed poo variation.
January 9th, 2013, 03:35 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Luyando's poop too varies all the time; if she is okay otherwise I wouldn't worry. Hope you get the right-preference issue resolved.

Sisters, friends forever
January 9th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Jinnah
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post
Thanks Elli.

See Jill, that's what I heard about the rota vax but Emmy didn't get that! We opted to refuse that one. I actually ended up putting in a call to the nurses because of yet another issue we are having; the doctor made us aware that her head is misfiring ever so slightly because she lays on her right so much. Every night when she sleeps she turns her head so that she is laying on the right side. I didn't even really pay that much attention to it but now that she mentioned it, I realize how bad it is. I can't get her to turn her head, even if I put toys on the oter side.
It's always something. Lol

Thanks Amanda, posted at the same time. Lol. She didn't get that vax though.
If you hold them the same way all the time, it can cause that to happen. Just work on getting her to turn her head the other way. Try having her sleep with it the other way and feed with it the other way. Same thing happened to my oldest son... it worked out okay!

We get watery poop here, also.

Oh, and when you are holding her upright, make her head turn the other way (like hold her on the opposite shoulder than you normally do).
January 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
Allie had diarrhea after the HIB and pneomococcal vaccines. it lasted about 4 days and resulted in a nasty diapy rash :-(

ETA: she didnt get the rotavirus vaccine with that set just the hib and pneumo

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 2/1/15!

January 9th, 2013, 05:58 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
i agree with getting her adjusted. ruby was just adjusted a few times last month but it was by the husband of the le leche league hostess, he did it for free which was awesome. she had 2 adjustments so far.
January 10th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Wow Kristen, how lucky!!!!!! Wish I had someone who could do it for us.
Well the nurse called yesterday and they recommend PT. it's insanely expensive. I already talked to insurance and although they cover PT, the place here that does it is out of network. Great. So it's about $250 for initial consult and $118 for each consequent visit. We can't afford that now. if they were in network it would only be a $35 copay!
But calling about chiro is a good idea! Maybe they'll cover that. Now can any chiro do infants? Or does it have to be a specialized one?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search