Gallstone advice...(o/t obviously..lol)

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By michellelove0502
  • 1 Post By JillMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 05:49 PM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
I have gallstones if any of you recall. I was diagnosed right before Christmas and told that hopefully I can catch a surgeon who could fit me in before the 31st when my medicaid ran out. No surgeon could. So my medicaid ran out and come to find out the surgeon wants 180.00 just for the consultation appointment and then to do surgery they want a down payment before they'll even talk about a payment plan. I don't have that money. Medicaid said they'd review my case since Shi lost his job but I won't know for another two weeks.
My attacks have increased greatly and are now at the point where I get them 2-3 times per week.
I had one yesterday and this morning I had one at 5 am, then 9 am, then 9:10 am.
What do I do? I have no insurance, and there is scarce information on the internet about what the risks are for multiple gallbladder attacks or whether it is an emergency that I am seen or not.
I'm scared to wait, and scared to not wait. I don't want a stone to clog the duct!!! Ugh.
I don't know, any advice ladies? I'm getting these attacks almost 12 hours after I eat. And I eat almost no fat too. So diet is not quite the issue anymore.

January 9th, 2013, 07:32 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would drink a lot of water and seriously diet until you get your insurance back and dont just lay down after you eat, be active. I have an attack maybe once a month after making these changes. Also when you have an attack try getting a really hot shower or bath and lay on your left side.
abur likes this.

January 9th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks I'll try those! I'm seriously eating almost zero fat. And the only time I do is if a dressing has like 2 grams. But I notice if I drink water during an attack it goes away faster.

January 10th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I am having surgery to remove my gallbladder on Tuesday. The attacks are ful and I've done a boat load of research trying to avoid surgery, but ultimately that's what needs to be done. I'm eating like you, basically zero fat. Avoid gluten if you can too! You really have to label read cause that is in so many foods. Try drinking pear juice, it is supposed to help as well and my husband swears by it. Sleep on your left side, as opposed to you right side or your back, apparently that can make it worse too. ive been living on plain boneless skinless chicken for 2 weeks. No spices or anything, it doesn't taste the best but it fills the void and doesn't hurt me too much. I have constant aching after an attack in my right upper stomach and back The danger with not having the surgery is if your gallbladder becomes infected. You could become septic with infection and very ill. Will your medicaid be retroactive to the date you applied? That's something to look into as well, you may be able to have it covered. Check into it, I'd hate for you to suffer when you don't have to. Hang in there mama, I feel your pain. Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better soon!

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

January 10th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Super Mommy
There wasn't much that helped with mine I hope you are able to get everything taken care of soon though. Dealing with medicaid,etc is never a fun, easy, or quick task at least from what I've dealt with them. I hope they they get it done quick though!

January 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You HAVE to eat PERFECTLY clean and healthy to avoid attacks. No greasy fattening food, no red meat and no alcohol.
abur likes this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
January 10th, 2013, 01:45 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
"Lurking"

I had mine out three years ago. I controlled my attacks for awhile with diet but after awhile diet doesn't work any longer. I couldn't even drink water without getting an attack. I was in the hospital twice from the pain and got the attacks every day a few hours after I drank water. You can't function like that specially when trying to take care of a new born. I don't know how you are doing it.

You may have to take a trip to the hospital in pain and have it removed and make 25.00 a month payments on it for a long time. It will be worth it because those attacks are no fun. I can eat anything now and have no problems at all.

Good luck.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
January 10th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Well ladies, I went to the ER after having a 4th attach shortly after work last night. I was hoping they would just do surgery and make payments like was mentioned! no such luck! it was a "too bad so sad" scenario of them telling me i really need surgery to get it (no, really?) and that i need to make an appointment with a surgeon. I explained I have no insurance and that they want the down payment blah blah blah all I got was a perscription for acid reflux, some loratab and a "good luck" on my way out. GRRRRR. I don't want loratab! I want surgery and to be done with this pain and lifeless diet. They were no help, just a big giant bill I really didn't need. They didn't even check my white blood cell count becuase I didn't have a fever. It didn't matter that it was my 4th gallbladder attack of the day. sigh.

January 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are having such troubles!!

January 10th, 2013, 06:00 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Girl, talk to your hospitals billing dept. Mine has a program you can apply for that is for financial aid. You tell them about ALL income and what your money is spent on. You can get low payments or maybe nit even have to pay anything at all. Hope your hospital has something like that
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

January 10th, 2013, 06:04 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would go into your Medicaid office to try to speed the process and they them you need surgery asap. I think they would backdate the insurance anyway to the beginning of January or December depending on when you applied and you should definitely get reinstated for the Medicaid. This sounds like its becoming very dangerous. I've only had 4 attacks since the baby was born and I noticed I had an issue, I cannot imagine having 4 in one day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search