What if?!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 06:17 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
What if you just discovered that your beloved baby was switched with your REAL baby in a terrible hospital mixup and you had the choice to send him or her back in return for your biological child or go with it... what would you do?!
January 9th, 2013, 06:22 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First things first, Madalyn is MINE!!

But anyways ... No idea what I would do ... That would be awful! I would think I'd want my biological child ... Hopefully the other family would be good people so I'd feel a tiny bit better ... Yikes, scary thought! Thanks a lot, Kristen!!

January 9th, 2013, 06:44 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This makes me want to cry even imagining it, I'm so madly in love with my baby boy.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
January 9th, 2013, 06:56 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd be so upset!!!!!!! I'd want to keep Hannah though obviously...she's only my life and more!
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

January 9th, 2013, 07:02 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would never and could never send Jayden back. Thank God I dont have to worry about this Jayden never left my room.

January 9th, 2013, 07:12 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Since he looks just like my girls, I'd be wondering where he came from . goodness, this is a hard question. I'm not sure what I would do! I can't even imagine the pain and heartbreak!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 9th, 2013, 07:38 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd kidnap the other one and keep them both

Honestly though, I have no idea. The thought of it is just awful! I couldn't ever imagining giving away Ares. But I also couldn't imagine never seeing my biological child or being able to raise them.
JillMama likes this.

January 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
Riah is mine and only mine! I don't think I could send her back, I'd keep em' both too I can't imagine knowing all this time she's not my child, but I'd still love her anyways. I agree, what an awful thought. I'm also glad she never left my room as well (;

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
January 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This makes me panic thinking aboit it. I have no clue what I would do.

January 9th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Jinnah
My dh and I have discussed this before. We'd keep Elijah... couldn't give him up!!!
January 9th, 2013, 09:37 PM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would want my biological baby back. Even though I bonded with Hunter, hypothetical if he wasn't mine and got switched, I'd want MY baby back. Plus I would feel like I owe the other parents the joy of having their baby. I'm thinking of down the road there's no way I could live with a secret like that. And what if some thing health wise happened to him and the doc needed family history. I'd think about all that and return him for my baby, it would be hard because we bonded but the right thing to do. Plus they're little enough I could bond with the other baby pretty fast.
January 9th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Peytonsmomma
i dont know...we are still SHOCKED that theron is blonde hair blue eyes, pale skin everything ...we are both tan skinned, brown hair brown eyes
January 9th, 2013, 11:07 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I agree with whoever said that the very thought of it makes me panic!!! I really don't know what I would do. I think a lot would depend on the other family, what their values were like, and whether they were willing to continue to have a relationship with me. We would almost NEED to become a joint family.

January 10th, 2013, 04:51 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Oh goodness, what a scary thought!! I have no idea what I'd do!! And what if, hypothetically, I'd want my biological baby back but the other family wanted to keep her?? Who would have the right to their choice??
Luckily Em never left my side either.

January 10th, 2013, 05:07 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley5 View Post
I would want my biological baby back. Even though I bonded with Hunter, hypothetical if he wasn't mine and got switched, I'd want MY baby back. Plus I would feel like I owe the other parents the joy of having their baby. I'm thinking of down the road there's no way I could live with a secret like that. And what if some thing health wise happened to him and the doc needed family history. I'd think about all that and return him for my baby, it would be hard because we bonded but the right thing to do. Plus they're little enough I could bond with the other baby pretty fast.
Ditto this

Darn good thing this isn't something I'd actually have to worry about.
ashley5 likes this.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

January 10th, 2013, 08:26 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
This makes me want to cry. I watch switched at birth on Mondays and before I had Adrianna I thought please dont let this happen.
January 10th, 2013, 08:59 AM
delaney24's Avatar Super Mommy
I actually dreamed about this a few weeks ago & woke up in such a state...I couldn't stop thinking about it for the rest of the day. At this point, I would want my biological baby back. I love Maxmilian to absolute pieces & it would break my heart, but if I had the chance to 'correct the error' I think I'd have to...I couldn't go through life with that secret. If it were in a few more months though, and I'd spent that much more time bonding with him & loving & nurturing him, I'm not sure I could give that up.

SUCH a horrible situation & I feel so sorry for the people who actually have to go through this. I'm glad it's rare. I still kept Maxmilian at my side the whole time though, lol.
January 10th, 2013, 09:20 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
DH and I have talked about this since we did IVF. What if we found out that they used the wrong embryos and these babies weren't biologically ours? What if someone else had our biological babies? I just start panicking about the whole thing and it is too awful to even contemplate...what a horrifying situation

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 10th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Pageturner
Just the thought of this makes my heart beat faster. There is no doubt that Michael is mine, but I couldn't give him up now either!
January 10th, 2013, 05:32 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
KMH, that happened to a dear JM mama I know. I won't disclose details but turned out the doctor contaminated her husband's sperm and they ended up with another man's baby, who her married sister carried for her. They found out after she was born when blood work was done and did not match up, had something to do with RH factor. They eventually were put in a place where they had to adopt their own daughter. It's a pretty big story where because of this woman's lawsuit against this evil doctor, he has lost his license and it has come out that many other parents had contaminated vials as well. I thought of her and it actually sparked this thread.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search