bedtime routine

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By Mrs.Paradise

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you have one? What is it?
When did/will you start a bedtime routine with your little one?

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
January 10th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At about 9 we head upstairs. I change his diaper and read him a story. Then I put him in his sleep sack and nurse him. If he's still awake I'll put him in his bassinet with his glow seahorse and within two cycles of it he's out.

I'm trying to start nursing him before we head upstairs, though, because I need to transition him to his crib next month and I want him to learn how to go to sleep with a soother instead of nursing to sleep.

January 10th, 2013, 08:28 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
No bedtime routine yet. Waiting for him to settle into a natural bedtime. When he does, it'll probably be jammies, nursing, story/song and then put into bed. He's already good at putting himself out and only very rarely nurses to sleep (which is quite the opposite of my other two!)

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 10th, 2013, 08:37 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
No real routine yet. It's day b day; whatever works for each given day. But typically she will cluster feed from 6-7 on until she falls asleep around 9; we usually sleep on the couch together from 8-10 pm or so, then head to bed. I change her and typically nurse her one more time and then we are out. That's the rough outline.

January 10th, 2013, 08:53 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post
No real routine yet. It's day b day; whatever works for each given day. But typically she will cluster feed from 6-7 on until she falls asleep around 9; we usually sleep on the couch together from 8-10 pm or so, then head to bed. I change her and typically nurse her one more time and then we are out. That's the rough outline.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Pretty much exactly this.

Is nursing to sleep a bad thing?? I always do at night, but he is rarely fully awake when he gets fed before bed.... If he sleeps through his diaper change and swaddle I just put him to bed without feeding and let him wake when he's hungry.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
January 10th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think it's a bad thing, but I've read that it's good for them to learn how to fall asleep without nursing in case they wake in the middle of the night but aren't hungry, they learn how to fall asleep on their own.
Peytonsmomma and Mrs.Paradise like this.

January 10th, 2013, 09:16 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I don't think it's a bad thing, but I've read that it's good for them to learn how to fall asleep without nursing in case they wake in the middle of the night but aren't hungry, they learn how to fall asleep on their own.
I never thought of that!!! Good point. He naps all day w/out being nursed, but I guess that's different...??

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
January 10th, 2013, 09:26 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
I am not really on one yet either. Adrianna gets a bath between 7-7:30 and I nurse her after that. She is getting now where she will fall asleep with me rocking her and singing! lol. She has so many books I need to get them out. She also has been sometimes waking when I put her down but she will just look around and pass out this is between 9-9:30.
January 10th, 2013, 09:58 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
We're working on one here....slowly but surely! Bath around 7:30p. Nurses around 8:30 or 9p. If she's still hungry after nursing, I'll top her off with a couple ounces of formula, then lay her in bed & she passes out. She's usually in bed asleep around 10:30 or 11p and normally sleeps through the night until I wake her up at 5:45am to get ready for school & work.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

January 10th, 2013, 10:50 AM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eh. I wouldn't say we have a routine she just goes to bed around te same time every night. Lately it's nap at either 5 or 8, eat a bunch, then bed by 9 or 9:30. Asleep through 3:30, eat, and up to eat again at 6:30. Totally fine by me!
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

January 10th, 2013, 11:00 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hunters bedtime routine was started right away and only because i do the samething for him roughly as my daughter. Eat dinner, bath time, relax, read, then bed. Of course I don't lay him in the crib to pass out, but when he gets tired I lay him down, it's normally an hour or so after my daughter goes to sleep.
January 10th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We put my older dd to bed a 7:30, then head downstairs and give Meghan a bath. J&J Bedtime lotion and swaddle her up. Warm bottle and rocking/singing if necessary. She's in bed somewhere b/t 8:30-9:30 and sleeps till around 6ish.

January 10th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we have one... we start at 8:00 pm I will change his diaper then we read and say prayers while Im nursing him... then if he hasnt fallen asleep then I hand him off to Daddy and I go to sleep... he usually falls asleep with Dddy though... he gets a bath every other day sometimes longer...
Peytonsmomma likes this.
January 10th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Jinnah
Bedtime: bath, blankie, book, booby, bed.
January 10th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Peytonsmomma
yep! bedtime is strictly enforced in our house my daughter is in bed by 8pm, theron actually has made his own and it works perfect for us, at 8 pm he gets his pj's on diaper changed, and a bottle by 830 he has had enough in the living room so off to the bedroom he goes, with the sleep sheep and the music app on my phone and he is out
January 10th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow, I envy some of you!

marybethsmom, do you breastfeed?!

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
January 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We usually give him a bath around 8-830 he eats and then falls asleep around 9-930 and wont wake up until 230-3 and then he eats again and won't wake back up until 630-7.

January 10th, 2013, 06:40 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
Sariah starts getting sleepy around 8:30-9, usually when DF is getting ready to leave for work. That's usually when I give her a bath, DF cuddles her, then once he leaves I'll give her a feeding and a massage, she's out like a light

I noticed this pattern when she turned one month, just kind of how it works for her.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
January 10th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Ladies! I have been sitting in the corner of our due date club & now our playroom with not much to say..ok, at all! However, this has been the best chat I have read!!!! I didn't realize our little wonderful babies could fall into such a routine. You ladies are wonderful mommies and gave me some great ideas. I am going to try and start a routine. Might help me get some energy back myself! Thanks!
January 11th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't have a big routine at this point. After Riley goes to bed at 8:00, the next time Eve gets tired (usually 9:00) I change her diaper, bring her up to bed and we nurse laying side by side until she falls asleep. I usually transfer her to the RnP and rock her a bit, but sometimes she stays in bed with me...it depends on how tired I am. She gives me a 4 hour stretch and then wakes up to eat. I'm not certain how often she wakes to eat after that because she stays in bed with us and I don't look at the clock, just nurse her side by side and we drift back to sleep together. I wake up around 7:00 or 7:30 and DH snuggles her while I shower and get Riley up for the day. They usually come down about 8:30.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search