Duh Duh Duh!!!! The big debate..

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 09:01 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Exersauser OR Jumperoo OR both??

We might be gifted a Baby Einstein jumperoo. I have heard all the hype about jumperoo's being bad on their feet/legs, but IMO these things have been around since we were kids, and I don't know of anyone who's had walking problems because of them..... ( wanted to squash that one right out the gate)

Anywho I think I also want to get an exersaucer too... is this excessive? What about the walker things? Do babies still use those??
abur likes this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
January 10th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuatx View Post
We had a Jolly Jumper and a walker for our first and we'll have the same for this one. The Jolly Jumper is great because we hung it from the ceiling and it took up no space when not in use. Jumperoos are huge and bulky. And the walker was fantastic because it keeps them SO entertained when they are able to tootle around on their own and explore. Ours had a little tray that also had a removable play center, and my son loved it so much. It works best with an open-plan house though since they can get a good circuit going.

I'm not a fan of jumperoos or exersaucers when there are other alternatives that work better for us, so we're not getting either!
We got a Jolly Jumper (or something similar) at our baby shower. Is 4m the best time to start using them?? Also what age for the walker?? I think they would be fun for them to run around the house in

January 10th, 2013, 09:14 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Well, you already stated that the main issue behind exersaucer over jumperoo doesn't concern you, so that's a moot point. But that's basically my reasoning behind getting an exersaucer. We don't have money or room for both and personally I think that would be excessive to have both. I just can't decide which exersaucer to get!
I'm thinking either this one:
Amazon.com: Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center: Baby

Or this one:
Amazon.com: Evenflo ExerSaucer Triple Fun - Jungle: Baby

Probably the last one, but it's also more expensive.

AND just to throw this out there... My younger sister used to have a jumping swing thing that went into the door frame, when she was an infant, where you bounce up and down in, and she now has bad knee and spine issues. There is absolutely no proof that those issues were caused by a bouncing swing but to me it's reason enough to be cautious about them. And, thinking about it, it makes total sense to me that putting so much strain of the constant bouncing up and down on a baby's tiny, developing bones and joints, can't be good for them! I'd rather get a exersaucer type thing where they sit fairly stationary in, but still have tons to explore with their hands.
Ok, off my soap box!
JillMama likes this.

January 10th, 2013, 09:15 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
We have a Jumperoo. I cant wait to put Adrianna in it! I am also going to get her a walker because that girl can kick them legs so I know she is going to love rolling around in it!!

Cant believe in the next few months these babies can use all of this!!!
abur likes this.
January 10th, 2013, 09:16 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We had a Baby Einstein Jumperoo for Claire and she LOVED it. When the weather was nice I'd put it out on the deck or in the yard, and that was her absolute favorite thing in the world. We were given another one for the 2nd twin, so they'll each have one

We have never had an exersaucer so I can't really tell you anything about them. Never had one of the doorway thingys either.

We did have a walker for Claire because at our old house we had all hardwood/tile floors on the 1st floor. She loved it. Now we are in a different house and there aren't many open spaces, plus we have carpeting in the living room. I plan to sell it on Craigslist.

Oh, and I'm the one who posted about exersaucers/jumperoos being bad for babies. That's what the physical therapist told me...she said not to use them until baby was at least a year old if I thought I had to use one...but she preferred that we not use one at all. We still plan to use ours.
Belita, delaney24 and JillMama like this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

January 10th, 2013, 09:17 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have an exersaucer that they've all loved so we'll use that again. We were given a jumperoo with our last kid but she wasn't impressed. Also it was given to us late in the game and she could crawl already so thats probably why she wasn't a fan. My Mom bought it off us to have at their house and my nephews loved it.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

January 10th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had an exersaucer with Mary Beth and got one for Meghan as well. A friend is letting me borrow her jumperoo so we'll see which one she likes best.

January 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM
When I hold Jett in standing position and make him jump he loves it!!!

Nina, if i had to buy them I wouldn't get both either!!!! I have several gift cards to BRU and the jumperoo would be free

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post
Well, you already stated that the main issue behind exersaucer over jumperoo doesn't concern you, so that's a moot point. But that's basically my reasoning behind getting an exersaucer. We don't have money or room for both and personally I think that would be excessive to have both. I just can't decide which exersaucer to get!
I'm thinking either this one:
Amazon.com: Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center: Baby

Or this one:
Amazon.com: Evenflo ExerSaucer Triple Fun - Jungle: Baby

Probably the last one, but it's also more expensive.

AND just to throw this out there... My younger sister used to have a jumping swing thing that went into the door frame, when she was an infant, where you bounce up and down in, and she now has bad knee and spine issues. There is absolutely no proof that those issues were caused by a bouncing swing but to me it's reason enough to be cautious about them. And, thinking about it, it makes total sense to me that putting so much strain of the constant bouncing up and down on a baby's tiny, developing bones and joints, can't be good for them! I'd rather get a exersaucer type thing where they sit fairly stationary in, but still have tons to explore with their hands.
Ok, off my soap box!

I also don't know which one to get???

January 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
If you want a jumperoo, the rainforest one has awesome reviews on amazon. You should check that one out!!

January 10th, 2013, 10:04 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
We have a jumparoo that Ryan used and he LOVED it! He would spend hours in that thing! He still tried to get into it when he's out in the garage with me. He also had a walker, but didn't use it near as much. My mom had a excersaucer at her house for him for when we went to visit which was nice also, but he didn't like it nearly as much as the jumparoo....he REALLY liked to bounce/jump! We'll be using the jumparoo & walker with Madilyn this time, too. We started with Ryan around 4 months on the jumparoo & 7-8 months on the walker.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

January 10th, 2013, 10:45 AM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom got Han an exersaucer so I'm pumped to use it!!! She loves jumping up from standing too...it's Dh's fave thing to do with her lol I hope she likes it though! I see this being a thread in the not so distant future....
cincy1luv and JillMama like this.
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

January 10th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we have the baby Einstein jumperoo and Landon likes it... but he cant do much in it yet but stare at the colors and toys! he likes the sun the best! lol
January 10th, 2013, 11:04 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have the rainforest jumperoo and used it for my daughter she loved it, and plan on using it for Hunter.
January 10th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Jonah was gifted the Rainforest Jumperoo and he has been using it for a few minutes at a time for the past week..not everyday though. I love it and he seems to love it also. We sit with him and have a pillow under his feet so they are not just dangling there. He still isn't fully ready for it though. When he is fully ready for it I still won't use it too often though. I am a firm believer that babies get the most exercise, muscle control and development when they are on the floor with toys and mommy/ daddy playing with them. They need to learn to use their bodies and if they are sitting in something like a jumperoo or bouncer a lot I feel it may hinder their development..physically. I'm not knocking any of those things at all..I have most of them but just limit the use of them is all
bryan and nina and cincy1luv like this.

January 10th, 2013, 12:18 PM
The one were getting is the baby Einstein one too :-)

January 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
We had an exersaucer and a Johnny Jump Up for the doorway with Gracie and Eli and they both loved both of them. When we moved we sold the exersaucer and I think the Johnny Jump Up is here somewhere, but is basically lost... My mom got a really nice exersaucer at a yard sale after we found out we had another on the way, and she's already enjoying it! I put blankets in to help her stay upright, but she loves to be in it for a little while at a time. Not getting another Johnny Jump Up or anything else because I don't think we have any good doorways for it in this house and she's got enough other things to keep her busy. Never tried a walker, but I don't think I want one, we only have carpets and I think it would be hard to move.

January 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a jumperoo. We've let Sean try it out for a couple of minutes at a time and he loves it! We have a box under his feet so he's not dangling.

I thought about also getting an exersaucer but we don't have room for both. Johnny Jumpers make me nervous and I don't plan to do a walker.

January 10th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have both. Raylee didnt really like the jumpper

January 10th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Peytonsmomma
I sooooo want a baby einstein we are just trying to find one cheap enough! We are selling our exercauser
January 10th, 2013, 06:45 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
My kids barely tolerated the exersaucer, so this time I'm trying the jumperoo

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search