Gah! This poor baby isn't getting enough sleep!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 10:25 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel your pain!! I have three young siblings. And they wake him up constantly. They are driving me freakin NUTS. I tell them to be quiet, turn my back and they are screaming again (Which is SO not acceptable to me.. they are old enough to know better). No advice, since it sounds like you are doing everything you can. Just have to share my frustrations! Ergggg.

January 17th, 2013, 03:35 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
Being the mother of a 4yr old spirited child, I know EXACTLY what you mean. It sucks! Samuel is always doing things he shouldnt be lately, and some of it is waking up the baby. Ugh! Sam needs to learn to calm down around Eli, but my time is spent around the baby so much, I dont even have the time to try to do gentle discipline on him (what used to work) at all. So he ends up in full on tantrums. I hate it!

January 17th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not sure if this would help, but I have a womb noise machine in Meghan's room and I keep it on as loud as it will go. She's had it since day one, but she's used to it and it helps drown out other sounds.

January 17th, 2013, 04:00 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I got called into Josiah's preschool for a private conference when I picked him up today...all of the behaviors we are trying to deal with at home finally transferred into the classroom. I guess it was only a matter of time He hit, poked, kicked, threw a book, and threw wood chips on the playground. He says he was doing it to be funny. The teacher said that he responded to correction perfectly well, then would "forget" and be back at it five minutes later. JUST like at home! They ended up calling in the preschool director to talk with him. He has been in the process of giving up naps, and I'm wondering if that is part of the equation. I brought him home and put him straight down for a nap. He has been sleeping for 2.5 hours. It is DH who wanted me to cut his naps out, because he fights bedtime so badly when he takes one, but I am pretty convinced that he still needs at least a short one most afternoons. He told me before nap that he likes being naughty because it's fun, and that he wishes he could have a new Mommy and Daddy LOL. See what you first time mommies might have ahead of you?!

January 18th, 2013, 10:21 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry! I know just how you feel. Ryan has been a terror at home lately & I thought we were just entering the "terrible 2's" a few months early. I think a lot of it is jealousy, too, on our end thats finally coming out...he won't hardly even look at his sister anymore...totally ignores her (unless she's sleeping and then he says "Sshhhhhhh!" and then starts banging toys around or screeching....ugh!) I got the same talk to yesterday at daycare by Ryan's preschool teacher & director! He's not been listening or minding and has been spitting & hitting. His teacher said they redirect him often and time out if need be, but it doesn't phase him (it doesn't at home either). He'll obey his daddy but laughs all mischeviously when I or the girls at daycare try to discipline him. This past week has been so trying. I hope things get better for y'all soon!

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search