Feeling like a bad mom

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 02:31 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
My husband just got back from the doctor with Hannah and Eli. Eli's been coughing until he gagged, and he cried until he went to sleep last night. He was miserable for a while this morning too, so I knew it was time for him to go in. I wanted the doctor to check on Hannah too because she's been coughing for a couple of days and today her breathing sounded a little like a whistle some of the time. She's such a sweet baby that she's not fussy at all, but her cough and breathing made me nervous.

Well... apparently I should have had the kids in sooner. Eli's got ear infection in both ears and Hannah's breathing really concerned the doctor. She had a breathing treatment while they were there, and I have to take her tomorrow for another. It scares me to try to handle Eli and Hannah all alone, because Eli can be really stubborn. I'll be praying for him to be good for me... Jeff said he was good.

Hannah actually was smiling at the nurses through the mask during her breathing treatment, she's such a sweetheart! So I get to spend my birthday tomorrow at the doctor's office with my little pumpkin, worrying about her breathing.

I probably should have taken them in sooner. We've been sick so much with this being Gracie's first time being around other kids since she didn't go to preschool. Gracie missed all last week but Eli and Hannah just got sick again this week and we just got over them being sick around the first of the year.

I'm so stuffed up and I haven't been able to breathe at night to sleep so I'm really not feeling very strong. Jeff's sick again too. I'm so tired of all of this.

I'm waiting to see what prescriptions they got, Jeff wasn't sure and I couldn't really read them.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
January 16th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wonder why they didnt prescibe you a breathing machine.so you could do them at home. Reed had breathing tratments every 4minute hours. It really helped him.

We hardly ever get sick and it seems like everytime i turn around someone is sick. It is bad this year.

January 16th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's hard to know sometimes when to take them in. You're not a bad mom at all! I hope everyone starts feeling better soon. Happy Birthday!

January 16th, 2013, 04:29 PM
It is so hard to take them in, but I need to be better about doing it. We've never been so sick here. I figured it was because Gracie's in school now and didn't go to preschool, but everyone is sick everywhere, so I guess everyone is dealing with this. It's scary that the doctor was so concerned, but honestly her breathing didn't sound like this yesterday, she just had a cough occasionally.

January 16th, 2013, 04:49 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't feel bad. It really is hard to know when to take them in plus its even harder when you have to drag other kids along. Their symptoms also change pretty quickly. That happened with dd1 once and I felt so bad. The doctor said her cough sounded bad (I am like, thanks for saying that and making me feel like a crappy mom) DD1 had cold for so long when she started daycare that it was difficult for me to decide when we needed to go in to the doctor since her nose was always runny and she was always coughing.

I hope you all feel better soon. Hugs.

Sisters, friends forever
January 16th, 2013, 05:06 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Poor kiddos. I agree, it's hard to know. Hope they feel better soon.
January 16th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I should add that I did call the doctor a couple of times with the last round of sickness, so it's not like I totally didn't do anything. I just hate the thought of my babies being sick. I sure don't feel good, I can't imagine how they must feel.

January 16th, 2013, 11:03 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
So sorry your family is sick! We went through two rounds of crud in November/December. It was awful.

January 16th, 2013, 11:21 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It seems as though everyone is sick! Now you just now if anything happens in the future to take them in. I feel like when you wait to go in the doctor will tell you that you should have came sooner and when you do go its a waste of time because they cant do anything.

January 17th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I hate going in just to hear that it is a virus and we have to wait it out. Hannah went back today and the doctor said she sounded a lot better and didn't even do another breathing treatment! He said she should be a little better every day with her medicine, and that by Monday she should be back to normal. Just keep giving her the meds and make sure she doesn't take a turn for the worse, but he thinks she's gonna be fine now. He said it was Bronchiolitus and that it was viral.

January 17th, 2013, 12:51 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
I agree you would have sooner but sometimes you don't know! ((Hugs))
January 17th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I forgot to add that she weighs 14.3 pounds now and she's got 3 prescriptions... albuterol, prednisolone, and zithromax. She didn't like zithromax. Eli doesn't either, but he's got that too for his ear infection, which I'd never even know about because he's not complaining at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search