weekend what's up?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 01:49 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
What's up this weekend? Any plans?
January 25th, 2013, 02:04 PM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
Date night tonight with the hubby! WOOHOO! Haircuts for the boys tomorrow and then more house hunting.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

January 25th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Comic book shop tomorrow..my hubby collects. After that IKEA for absolutely no reason. We do comics every weekend and I picked IKEA because I just want to go somewhere I like for a change. I think that's it.
bostoncreampie and JillMama like this.

January 25th, 2013, 03:43 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
We are doing taxes and a little shopping!
January 25th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Birthday dinner out Saturday night with DH, my BFF, her hubby, and their son who was born exactly 3 weeks after Madalyn.

January 25th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Oh yeah..we're doing our taxes also

January 25th, 2013, 07:02 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its already Saturday here and all our plans have been cancelled We were going to go for some of the Australia Day sausage sizzle at the park and then go to the zoo today. But its been raining continuously here so the sizzle was cancelled. I cancelled the zoo trip for the same reason so its going to be a long weekend (dh has monday off) with rain every single day and we have to think of something else to do indoors.

Sisters, friends forever
January 25th, 2013, 07:43 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
ds1 has a birthday party tomorrow so we will go too, its at a local museum. my mom is babysitting the boys at night so we might get dinner and a movie (with ruby). woohoo!
JillMama likes this.
January 25th, 2013, 07:56 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Oh enjoy Kristen!! A movie sounds fun! What are you going to go see?

We are going to this awesome cloth diaper store tomorrow!! I'm buying a wool soaker, some inserts and a couple other things. I'm excited Bryan volunteered to go with us; it's almost an hour away. I guess he's doing that since Sunday he is going flying again. That seems to be an every Sunday thing now...
JillMama likes this.

January 26th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Pageturner
Hubby is working today, so Michael and I are just chillin at home. I'll probably watch some more Vampire Diaries, lol. I just played with my dog, because she is batsh*** crazy right now! lol. Michael is sleeping right now. Scratch that, he just woke up. Tomorrow we are going to visit my nana...she's in Florida until May. She has cancer so I try to see her as often as I can :-(
January 26th, 2013, 08:46 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today my DSD has her basketball game, then were picking up our hand me down jumperoo. My SIL is coming over for me to do her hair then were going to an antique mall. My dh and DSD have a daddy daughter date night so my SIL Jett and I will prob go shopping then. Tomorrow my mom and grandma are coming over for haircuts and to play with Jett, then my dh and I have a dinner date so my bro and SIL are babysitting at their house . Monday is still my weekend. I'll go grocery shopping.
bryan and nina likes this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
January 26th, 2013, 10:14 AM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
The munchkin and I are solo today because my hubby is at some gaming thing (36 years old going on 15, I swear). Tomorrow we are supposed to get together with my SIL, her hubby and son for dinner to celebrate my bday a little early. Unfortunately, our babysitters (aka my parents) might not be able to do it. My dad thought he might be getting a cold and feels uncomfortable coming over here if he isn't positive he feels better. He doesn't want to get the munchkin sick. This mama is looking forward to hopefully getting out of the house for something other than grocery shopping and a weight watchers meeting! I need a break!!

January 26th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Peytonsmomma
wait for it wait for it...lol we might get a night with my dsd gone for the night tonight i know that sounds mean but i could use a break from the every 5 minute crying from her and her MAJOR attitude!!!

so i joked with him bc the fights are on and we always eat mexican food, so we'll order mexican and then later on ill get some mexican in me lmao...ok totally dirty
ellinj0206 and JillMama like this.
January 26th, 2013, 12:39 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
My nephew and BIL are coming over and my DH is going to show our nephew a few notes on the guitar and how to tune it. My DH is a rockstar! After that, we are going to the shooting range to shoot guns! Yay! Coleson is staying with Gma. Maybe afterwards go get dinner.

Sunday- Church then grocery shopping! And relaxing and laundry!

January 26th, 2013, 02:27 PM
I had a hair appointment to update my highlights today. We are going out to eat tonight. If the MIL "can't" watch her she is com;ing with us.
January 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cuatx (can you tell me your name again pls?? Is it Zoe? Pathetic I don't know it by now! Lol), what kind are you baking? I've been wanting to bake a nice crusty loaf but can't ever devote a day to it! Maybe tomorrow, when Bryan is gone.

January 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Thank you so much for that!!! I'm saving that recipe. I can't have dairy right now so I'll have to wait until I can have it again. It sounds amazing and I love that you can add whatever to it!

January 26th, 2013, 04:54 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuatx View Post
i love making sweet doughs and then doing different add-ins. Today i made a banana-cinnamon-nut kings cake (round sweet dough loaf) with cinnamon frosting, yum. I made a pina colada one last week, and my husband wants me to make an apple cinnamon one for him to take to work this week, lol.

They're really tasty, it's basically the exact same dough you would use to make cinnamon buns. If you're interested in the recipe:

3/4 c milk
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c butter
1 tsp salt

3 eggs, room temperature

4.5 tsp (or two packages) traditional yeast
1/3 c warm water
1 tbsp sugar

5-6 cups flour

warm your oven and place your mixing bowl inside. When the bowl is warm, add the 1/3 c warm water (i think it has to be about 105-115*f) and the sugar, swirl until dissolved. Check to make sure the bowl is not too hot, and the proof your yeast.
Scald your milk and add the sugar/butter/salt until dissolved, and allow to cool to room temperature.
Add the eggs and milk mixture to the yeast, and add 5 level cups of sifted flour.

Mix on low (in a mixer) or knead by hand until the dough turns stretchy and begins to clean the bowl/board you are kneading on. Add a little bit of flour if necessary, knead until it is smooth and stretchy.

Place it in the warmed oven in a greased bowl (turning the dough to grease both sides), covered, and let it rise for at least an hour.

Take it out, punch it down and make it into whatever you want!!!

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
January 26th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Pretty sure Eleanor has hit her 3 month growth spurt so her and I are having a Downton Abbey marathon!
January 26th, 2013, 05:28 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yesterday, went for a run, took tree down. Went to a local restaurant with hubs and Ben last night for Theology on Tap.

Did a presentation for a Marriage Prep course today as a couple (plus Ben). Hubs took DS#1 to hockey and I'm waiting for company to show up. It's the anniversary of Opa's death, we always get together as a family to support Oma on this day. We're hosting cuz everybody fits in our house.

Tomorrow will be lazy. I want to run again if it works. Sunday Mass at 6pm.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search