Tummy time

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Summerdays12
  • 1 Post By Shamogue
  • 1 Post By Pageturner

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 01:52 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
How is tummy time going? Do you schedule it in everyday or do you not worry about it too much? Does your baby like it or hate it?
January 25th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I try to do it every day but she hates it every day.

January 25th, 2013, 01:58 PM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
We try to do it everyday after bathtime when she's getting rubbed down with lotion. She seems to like it better then than to just lay in the floor with toys for tummy time (Can't imagine why!). I haven't been too worried or obsessed about it this time though like I did with Ryan. She has really good control of her head & is super strong, so I think we're ok.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

January 25th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Jonah rolls onto his tummy by himself now!! He just can't seem to figure out how to get back onto his back though. I don't place him on his belly too much now that he's rolling there himself. Every time I look over at him he's scooting around on his belly...it's really cute! I have a video..I'll try to figure out how to post it from my iPad...if I even can.
cincy1luv, Belita and JillMama like this.

January 25th, 2013, 02:47 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do tummy time every day multiple times a day. Sometimes he likes it and sometimes he hates it.

January 25th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I put Eve on her tummy when I think of it and it's been awhile since she last ate. She likes it now that she can lift her chest off the ground and hold her head up well.
January 25th, 2013, 03:41 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
We do it a few times a week! The sitter does it to! She hates it! She has good head control and is strong!
January 25th, 2013, 04:26 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Everyday, multiple times. He really loves it. But he loves to look around at us, then gets bored and rolls on his back. Its sooo funny!

January 25th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Super Mommy
I do it when I think of it but she HATES it She has great head control when she is in the wrap or on my shoulder and is always lifting her head around to she can see everything, but put her on her tummy and it all goes out the window
bryan and nina likes this.
January 25th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Madalyn doesn't mind it. We try everyday. If she gets mad, she'll jut roll onto her back!

January 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
I do it but don't worry about it too much if I don't do it everyday. He hates it and screams the whole time!

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

January 25th, 2013, 07:37 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I do it if I think of it. I'm usually so busy I forget. She seems to like it, she laid on the boppy for a good 15 minutes today.
January 25th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do it every day. He used to love it but lately he'll either get upset or just lay there and suck his hand! He has great head control and I just make sure we do a lot with him sitting and standing to work those muscles in addition to whatever time he's on his tummy.

January 25th, 2013, 07:52 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Emmy hate it. She typically refuses to move and works herself into a tizzy! Lol. So I don't stress it; I carry her in a way that she looks around and uses her upper body and she lays on my chest a good bit. I envy those of you whose babies enjoy it!!

January 25th, 2013, 08:32 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Luyando loves it. My dd1 hated it so its nice to have a baby that likes it. We do it several times a day too; her tummy time mat is her favorite chill out place.

Sisters, friends forever
January 25th, 2013, 11:44 PM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do it at least once a day. Hunter hates it with a passion, but I don't think he has great head control for a four month old. I think it should be much better, so we continue to work at it.
January 26th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Pageturner
We do it when I think of it, but whenever I put him on his tummy he picks up his head for a few minutes and then just rolls on his back, lol. He has really good head control though so I'm not worried.
LoverlyJules likes this.
January 26th, 2013, 09:05 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jett tolerates it when we do it. He hangs for a few min with out any complaining but gets bored then fussy. He doesn't seem to enjoy it either though. He's really strong. He loves when you pull his arms up into sitting position. He smiles and smiles when we play that game. He also loves to stand up for long periods of time. He never flops his head or neck, he just stands there looking side to side, staring at the dogs playing etc. since he's seems to be so strong we don't stress tummy time. So I don't when I remember, and his daycare lady does it too.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
January 26th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Teeniemama's Avatar Super Mommy
This is probably bad mommy of me, but Sophie LOVES the television so I put her on her tummy on the chaise lounge and she will push up to watch! Otherwise she will fight with it and then eat her hand as she lays there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search