Lots going on - a little anxious

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By Teeniemama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 11:04 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I owe my dad for helping me get a new computer and we agreed that I would pay him back in time spent helping him with his website and campaign (he plans on running for congress) and he wants me to drive out after my February drill. This is no problem. DH is out of town anyway and I can just bring Jude and the cats with me.

Where it gets tricky is that I have to be back home for four days between drill and the big gathering he's planning because I'l be on orders for training and I have no one around here to watch Jude.

We are currently seriously considering me driving out with Jude and the cats, flying home by myself, and flying back after the four days to help with the gathering and attend a medical conference out their way. This means being away from my baby for four - six days. No nighttime snuggles, no happy smiles, and serious anxiety for me.

I should have enough milk. If we do this, I will take what I have already in a cooler with dry ice (it's a 10 hour drive) as well as continue pumping more to put in their freezer until the day I leave. I know my parents have dealt with six babies of their own (all at least partially BF) plus another grand baby (BF) but I am still super nervous about this plan and about being that far away from my son... Plus, my stepmom's parenting is way different from mine and I'm nervous that she might do something that would go completely against what I want - totally unintentionally, of course. And I don't know how he will sleep without me.

I know all this worrying is silly - I won't have to pay for childcare and my parents are covering all the travel expenses and I'll have to be away from Jude for four days straight in a couple months for drill (although DH will be taking leave to watch him then) so being away from him is inevitable but I am still super, super anxious.

Oh - I'm also worried about how the cloth diapers will be treated in my absence. My parents used cloth with my sister but used a diaper service to clean them. I guess I will have to teach them before I leave him with them (or leave them with the size 2 huggies a well-meaning officer in my unit gave us). I would really hate to have my stash ruined by poor handling. I've seen some pictures of what happens when someone doesn't know what they're doing... Rump•a•rooz Cloth Diapers: How to Ruin a Cloth Diaper

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

January 25th, 2013, 11:22 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, it would be tough being away from Madalyn, but I think you've got the best option figured out. Good luck!

January 26th, 2013, 01:43 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I agree, it sounds like flying home makes the most sense. It will be tough but at least you have your family watching him! And if it were me, I'd send the disposables you already have, along! I'd be super nervous about someone not washing my cloth diapers right and honestly, it will make things easier on your parents...
1InSummerland likes this.

January 26th, 2013, 02:02 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bless your heart. Try not to worry about it (although we all do). Baby will be fine (we usually are the basketcase). Leave the disposables with them or they can buy more if needed and leave breastmilk. Hopefully, since you are there for 4 days before leaving again, you will have your stepmom watch how you do things a lot so that there can be a smooth transition for Jude. It is heart wrenching but this too shall pass. You can do it.

Sisters, friends forever
January 26th, 2013, 02:25 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
I agree flying does! It will all workout mama!
January 26th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Teeniemama's Avatar Super Mommy
I would hate being apart from my girl but I think this scenario sounds perfect. Let them do disposable diapers and don't worry about cloth.

January 27th, 2013, 12:11 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, ladies. I'm trying to relax a bit and just accept that everything will be okay. I'm sure I'll be more bothered than he will... And at least he will be with family. I think you all are right about taking the disposables for them to use. I'd hate for anything to happen to my cloth! Plus, I don't think my stepmom knows how to use them.

I guess I now need to do a lot of pumping...

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search