Co-sleeping Mommas

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By KMH
  • 2 Post By AltMommy
  • 2 Post By zubeldia

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 02:14 PM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
How do you know when it's time for baby to sleep somewhere else, even if it's in the same room??
Or if you even move them at all since I know some mom's sleep with babies until they are older.
Sleeping with Kinslie right now isn't bad, but she went from waking up either once or not at all to being constantly fussy but not waking up fully..I guess restless?? We don't have a crib for her, we do have a PNP just not set up.
She just won't stay asleep by herself though.. Not even for naps! How do we get over this obstacle? is it time for her to sleep in her own place?

February 19th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure if I count since we just co-sleep if I fall asleep while nursing or the few weeks of transition when he didn't want to be swaddled anymore, but I have to get Sean used to not co-sleeping again. What I'm doing is letting him still fall asleep in bed with me and then moving him to the bassinet. Each night he's doing a longer stretch in his bassinet without waking up. I have to wait a good 20-30 min to transfer him, though, or he'll wake up.

I'd say if nobody is sleeping well it's worth trying to transition her to the PNP. Do you have enough room next to your bed to keep it there? Maybe sleep with the PNP sheet for a night or two first so it gets your scent on it and make her more comfortable.

February 19th, 2013, 02:37 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Babies do go thru a 4-month sleep regression where their patterns change. If she is going thru that right now, she might settle into a routine again soon!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 19th, 2013, 02:40 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to cuddle with Jayden for about 30 minutes as well and then transfer him. If he wakes up while he's sleeping I usually just pat his butt and he will fall back asleep. But I agree it probably does have to do with the sleep regression.

February 20th, 2013, 10:00 AM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think everyone is different and there is no "right" way or time to do it. I know Ares wouldn't get any sleep if he slept away from me.. But that's something I don't mind luckily. I feel better having him close.

I think she is probably just going through the sleep regression!
Tiffany8620 and cuatx like this.

February 20th, 2013, 11:46 AM
zubeldia's Avatar Super Mommy
We have major sleep regression here. We're a cosleeping family so we're not having to face this, right now, but I think sleep would be much worse if we tried to get C to sleep elsewhere. He naps on me, in the carrier, on the bed with me, and in his seat (if I'm not at home). I remind myself that this time is very short and that chores can be done later
JillMama and cuatx like this.

rafi and charlie by zubeldia36, on Flickr
February 20th, 2013, 10:08 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I agree that there is no right time, that you just have to decide what feels best for your family. Jamison hasn't been sleeping well the past week or so because he is teething, so he's been in bed with me most of the night. Plus, he is finally getting too long for our bassinet, but isn't used to the crib yet, so we're in a transitional place. I've found each baby is different too... you really just have to take your cues from them. If she is acting restless and seems to do better with more of her own space, then by all means, give her the space! If she is sleeping better with you and you are also sleeping well, then cuddle up!

February 23rd, 2013, 11:27 PM
Veteran
DD is sleeping with me since day8, and she loves it. Hugging your baby will surely helps when she is fussy. Anyway, it will all depend to you if you feel that she can already be transfered in a crib but if she is co-sleeping and still being fussy you might just worry. So, I guess wait until she is ready..or make the crib close in your bed on the start before totally transferring her. Goodluck!
February 24th, 2013, 05:09 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd say sleep regression too. Jett's doing the same thing. Not fun. He's in a pp next to my side of the bed.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
February 24th, 2013, 05:09 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
We have major sleep Regression too. You could give it a try; she may sleep better in her own crib....

February 24th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the likelihood it is sleep regression. Crossing my fingers we don't have it happen here, lol. Probably hoping too much, but whatever. With Rebecca I kicked her out. I was SO done having her in bed with us. She still comes in a few nights a month and sleeps with us in our bed, but she HAD to go. She was kicking us (we were waking with bruises), stealing the covers, and stroking us constantly (keeping us awake). It HAD to stop. So I moved her out of the room since she didn't believe in sleeping beside our bed if she was in the room. Elias moved himself out when he was 18 months. He looked at me one night, said, "I sleep with Ducka (Rebecca)" and he hasn't been back except when he wasn't feeling good ever since! Esther will move out when she is ready. Right now she sleeps in a Travel-lite PNP beside our bed.
February 26th, 2013, 05:19 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
well to answer you, were still transitioning our 4yr old from our room to his. We did a mattress on our floor once Eli came along, and then in his room in January, but for the past 2wks he wakes up wanting our bed. So its been tough. But as for co-sleeping with baby E, I would much rather deal with his constant whining/movement with him in arms reach, than having to get up 100000 times a night. So I deal with it. And yes itll get better. 4 months is bad for sleep!

February 26th, 2013, 09:19 PM
kaylarayne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It can be tough sharing a bed with your little one. Our 8 year old Still comes and crawls in our bed around 5:00 AM a couple of times a week...he was in our bed pretty much from when he was born until about a year ago...but he still sneaks in. DH was adament about having Danika co-sleep with us and he refused to even purchase a crib. He loves having the kids in bed with us and is certain that this is why our 8 year old is as loving and close to us as he is...and he wanted Danika to be the same way...so baby girl sleeps with us. I can't complain...but our sex life sure does suffer. We have only dtd about 4 times in the last 6 months (it became too uncomfortable the last couple of months before she was born)...so that part really sucks, but they are only little once! I know the only reason she sleeps as well as she does is because she is in bed with us. She wakes up once sometimes twice to nurse during the night so it seems to work out pretty well because I can nurse her in bed and then go right back out. We also have a king size bed so plenty of room for now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search