We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Recently I've felt very strongly that I should be doing more of #10. I believe that the world is going to change drastically very soon and I want to make sure that if anyone has questions, that answers are easy to find. I'm certainly not trying to bug anyone, but I just feel very strongly about the need to share this.
1. Treat others as you would have them treat you
Treat other people in the way that you want them to treat you. This is a hallmark of Christianity. Be kind to people, even when they are unkind to you. That way, you set an example for them, and you become a representative of the Christian faith.
"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you"
- Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 7:12a, NIV translation.
2. Help people
In Matthew 25:34-40, Jesus tells us that we are to give food to those who are hungry, give clothes to people who need them, provide shelter for people who have none, visit people who are sick, and give comfort to people who are in prison.
3. Don't worry
Do your best. Deal with life's problems. But don't worry. Instead, have faith in Jesus that all things will work out in the way they need to work out.
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
- Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 6:27, NIV translation.
4. Read the Bible
If you read the Bible for about 10 to 20 minutes a day, you can finish the four Gospels - the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John - in one month. The four Gospels describe the life and teachings of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
5. Give thanks and be joyful "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, NIV translation.
6. Pray "This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.' "
- Jesus, explaining how people should pray, as quoted in Matthew 6:9-13, NIV translation.
7. Forgive your enemies "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
- Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 6:14-15, NIV translation.
8. Be careful with what you say "But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."
- Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 12:36-37, NIV translation.
9. Learn the Word of God
If you read the four Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, you will see many examples of how Christians should act. "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock."
- Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 7:24, NIV translation.
10. Tell others about Jesus
Tell others about Jesus, that he died for our sins, and that all who believe in him are saved and are given the gift of eternal life in heaven. Talk to people, write a letter, or create a Web site. Encourage family members, friends, and others to attend church with you.
Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
Oh yes, definitely not able to do these things on my own. I pray for help in many of these areas. One thing that still kinda amazes me is how I went from a girl who cussed awful, working at night with a bunch of guys, to a completely different girl who no longer says bad words, just because I felt like that wasn't something I wanted to do anymore. It was a bad habit that God helped me quit, almost like overnight. Never could have changed that drastically that fast on my own.
Amen sisters!!! I agree I need to do them all more.Thats one of the good things about us homeschooling is if I do what I am SUPPOSED to do my dh and I have a lot more time sharing knowledge of the bible.
Sonja mama to 10 at 40 years young.
"Emma Faith"11/2/12 8lbs 11oz 19inches
6 girls and 4 boys
Granny to almost 3 grandkids.....