Can we stick together?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree148Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 02:16 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay so I've been seeing lots of talk about "drama" lately and frankly I don't get it. Sure, we disagree sometimes but if you don't like someone on here just ignore each other and be happy with the other friends that you have made. I for one, really like having my JM being separate from FB and would be really sad if you all decided to only post in that group from now on. So let's all make an effort to keep our PR going strong and post HERE whenever we get the chance!

You guys are truly my best friends and biggest supporters
momopotamus, KMH, yashobo and 8 others like this.

February 27th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now I have that song from the Parent Trap stuck in my head. "Let's stick together, ya ya ya! Why don't you and I combiiiiiine!"
JillMama and AltMommy like this.

February 27th, 2013, 02:52 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
As a new mom I have always appreciated having this as a place to come and bounce ideas and support each other. We all do a great job at being moms. As I tell my bickering in-laws when things get stormy and they're over our house, "love only zone". Haha

We're all here for the same thing...our child(ren). That's something we can all agree on!

Love only zone!
El
JillMama likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 03:06 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amen sister. I prefer to post here. I love you girls and appreciate ALL advice and info even if I disagree with it.
ellinj0206 likes this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
February 27th, 2013, 03:38 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Totally agree. I much prefer JM over FB, and would hate to see our PR die like my son's did. We don't all have to agree with each other, but we should be able to have lively CIVIL debates over any and all parenting issues we encounter, and we should be able to stand by each other when dealing with difficult situations. JM has been a huge support system to me throughout my parenting journey, and I'm thankful for each and every one of you!

February 27th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Yep we must stick together. I think I would be devastated if our PR died out. JM is part of my daily routine and has been for quite some time now. I would be so sad if you ladies stopped posting and started posting elsewhere. I've learned so much from everyone of you

February 27th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Veteran
I've learned so much from everyone here...many times this forum has been a much better resource than books!
Summerdays12 likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Peytonsmomma
I think its the way certain people talk to each other on here, everyone parents different, there is no your way or no way, some breast feed, formula feed, co sleep, crib sleep, bassinet sleep some sleep in the same bed as there husbands some dont, some have college degrees some don't, some wear there babies some dont....point is i don't think anyone has the place to talk down to someone, break out the dictionary and make them feel stupid for posting.
February 27th, 2013, 04:55 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
...or cuss them out.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 27th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Peytonsmomma
o m g kmh....really???? if you have a problem with me pm me
February 27th, 2013, 05:01 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I wasn't only referring to you. There is at least one more person who has stooped to that level, and it is sad to me. No one deserves to be spoken to like that; we should all hold ourselves to a higher standard than that. When things get to that level, that's when people want to leave and not post here anymore.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 27th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Jinnah
I can respect different parenting styles, but I cannot respect being patronized, cussed at, or disrespected. I think if we can avoid that, the PR would be okay. If that isn't possible, we should all block those that like to do this. For the most part, it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem. I think most of us on here get along.
February 27th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Peytonsmomma
i think everyone has there bad days as a mother....some days are not the norm situation, when its not the norm situation everyone acts different, people get frustrated at home, with there spouse/partner etc...being talked down to bc people dont agree with what you are doing is just down right rude...and especially strangers for that matter, we are all moms here, as long as no kids life is in jeopardy or abused then we should probably keep our opinions to ourself ...like i dont wear my baby bc of a freak accident with my daughter, i am not comfortable with it, my son kicks me right where my csection scar is and it hurts so i dont cosleep with him, i have scolosis on the lower part of my back so it KILLS my back to hold him all day, doesnt make me a bad mom bc i dont do certain things as other people ...just saying everyone has different cultures, traditions, etc
michellelove0502 likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 05:35 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I don't think anyone in this group has EVER called someone else a bad mom, or even insinuated that any one of our members is a bad mom.

And if you are one to believe that people should keep their opinions to themselves, you are naturally going to have issues in a SOCIAL message board. Message boards exist for the purpose of discussing, and opinions are the meat of interesting discussions.

I agree that it's best to keep JM and Facebook separate. Unfortunately, it looks like this group is headed down the Facebook path and it will probably take extra effort to keep this board active.
KMH, Zukin, cincy1luv and 2 others like this.
February 27th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not even on the Facebook group, so I sure hope it doesn't go there. I respect each & every one of you as ladies & moms. I have laughed with you, cried with you, been excited for you, & prayed for you. Please let's all agree to disagree & continue to be here for one another! This Is such a source of strength & encouragement for me.

February 27th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Teeniemama's Avatar Super Mommy
What is the Facebook site? It would be great if we could keep this board going but I noticed that most play groups fizzle out before they get to one year.

February 27th, 2013, 05:44 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont think so Kristen, there are a lot of members on here that arent on facebook. I think some people just need some time from getting their feelings hurt.
Peytonsmomma and cincy1luv like this.

February 27th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Pageturner
Oh for Pete's sake! Guys, things got a little crazy but the drama is never going to go away if we keep talking about how much drama there is. This is why I rarely get along with women....just DROP IT already!!! Things were fine until we started talking it to death and making snarky comments to each other. Lets just be nice!!!
February 27th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope this PR doesn't go to FB. That's what happened to the Nov 12 PR. Partly why I'm so active in this group. It seems like there are a lot of ladies here who want the JM group to stay active and not move to FB.

February 27th, 2013, 05:48 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Deleting, for the same reason I'm no longer co-host. Can't take this.

Last edited by bostoncreampie; February 27th, 2013 at 06:00 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search