Sleep pattern????

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 1 Post By Shamogue
  • 2 Post By marybethsmom
  • 1 Post By michellelove0502
  • 1 Post By Peytonsmomma
  • 1 Post By AltMommy
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By ashley5
  • 1 Post By firstxmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies!

Wondering, how are your precious babies sleeping. Mikey is 5 months and literally waking up every 3 hours. Exhausted! Seems like sleep deprivation is just making lupus worse. Anyway, 2 bottom teeth are visible so I'm just wondering if that's why he's still waking every 3 hours. He seems gassy (farts a lot, lol) so we're doing gripe water and gas drops. In December, he was progressing and had many 5/6 hour stretches. So, what say you..is your lo sleeping thru (technically, 5 hours) or even better??? And, sny suggestions or is this still considered normal (waking every 3 hours for milk)?

February 28th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Madalyn was sleeping 7 hours. Now she does 3 chunks (about 4 1/2 hours each). It works out for us since she just wakes to nurse and then right back to sleep.
firstxmommy likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Super Mommy
You poor thing, I don't know how you can manage that schedule! I feel really lucky that Eabha sleeps through the night. One of my friends had a lot of trouble with her little one and hired a sleep consultant...within a week he was sleeping through the night. Hope you get some relief soon!
firstxmommy likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Meghan sleeps 10-12 hours every night with no wake ups. My best advice is a strict bedtime schedule. Around 7 we do a warm bath with J&J bedtime bath then bedtime lotion. Jammies & swaddle her up. I take her in the living room where it's fairly quiet & the lights are low. I fix a 7 oz. bottle, but 99% of the time she takes 5-6 oz. after a couple of oz I give her 1/2 tsp gripe water, then after 2 more oz, another 1/2 tsp. She is gassy & spits up a lot. Usually after 5 oz she's out, & I go lay her down in her crib with her white noise machine on. About once a week I'll have to rock her 5-10 minutes. Not saying this is the best way, but it seems to be working for us. Good luck!!
firstxmommy and cincy1luv like this.

February 28th, 2013, 10:20 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jayden sleeps all the time! We give a bath around 7 after his 6:30 bottle. Then he stays up a little, goes to sleep for a little has a bottle at 9:30 falls asleep by 10:30pm every night and wakes up at 8:30am every morning.

How many ounces are you feeding him? Also, Jayden sleeps longer on his stomach than his back.
firstxmommy likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Peytonsmomma
some nights its all night, some nights its every hour waking up! i wish they would make up there mind lol!!
firstxmommy likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 11:51 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No that is totally normal! A lot of ladies on here are incredibly lucky to have babies that sttn, but that's definitely not the norm. Ares still gets up every 3 hours also. Sometimes less! Sorry you are having a rough time, hopefully he will start sleeping longer stretches soon. Hugs!
firstxmommy likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 11:58 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
What you are experiencing is definitely in the realm of normal. Jamison generally takes a long early evening "nap" which could technically be considered the start of his nighttime sleep from about 5-7pm. Then he is up until around 10pm, sleeps until around 2:30, and is up again at 5:30, then back to sleep until around 8:30 if his big brother doesn't wake him up earlier. If big brother wakes him up, he will usually take a short nap about an hour after waking up. We have had several nights where he has been up every hour while teething, and a stretch where it was every two hours during his growth spurt. Thankfully, it looks like we are getting back to the every 3-4 hours pattern, which I can handle. My first son didn't sleep through the night until a week before his 3rd bday, and was up every 45 minutes for the first 3 months, so Jamison's sleep schedule seems like a piece of cake in comparison!
firstxmommy likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 01:41 AM
Super Mommy
Is this unusual for Mikey to be waking up every 3-4 hours? He's teething. Maybe I will hire a sleep consultant. Mary Beth, our bedx routine is pretty much exactly like yours without swaddling. He never likes that. We strictly adhere to it.

March 1st, 2013, 01:47 AM
Super Mommy
Ok, so it's not abnormal. That's good to know. I'm just reading about babies who sttn for 10-12 hours. Ugh. I long for that. At least a good 5 hours. It's just wearing me down. My platelet count is really low and I know that has caused fatigue in the past. Might be now. My aunt watches him tomorrow... Well today. Think ill go in late and sleep. Thanks all! I hate to hear some of you are up as often as we are but at least I know I'm not alone.

Michelle, he drinks anywhere from 4-5 ounces.

March 1st, 2013, 03:58 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It could also be left over of the 4 month sleep regression which Luyando is going through now as well. She used to sleep 10-12 hrs with 2 wake ups to eat and going back immediately to sleep but lately she's woken up 4-6 times and 4 of those times is just to fuss! I believe its a stage that will pass soon. Hope you are able to get some rest. Please take care of yourself, momma.
firstxmommy likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
March 1st, 2013, 04:54 AM
Super Mommy
Mikey starts wriggling around at like 3 am. Almost like there's discomfort. Just a few hours ago he did it. I'd given gripe water in his last 3 bottles.. Don't know that that's all about. Anyone else experiencing this?

March 1st, 2013, 05:01 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
waking every 3hrs is totally normal and can go on for a long time. My DD didn't sleep through the night until she was 1, she only got up about once or twice just depends. But I think most of it was b/c I was working full-time and didn't get to see her much during the day at all only at night, so it was her way of re-connecting with me, our special little bonding time. Hunter still gets up roughly every 3hrs. The lack of sleep does suck I know but it wont last forever, and then one day it's gone and they're 2yrs old sleeping through the night and you kinda miss those special little night sessions of it being quiet and just the two of you.
firstxmommy likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 06:11 AM
Super Mommy
Miss the early AM feedings? Lol. Hmmm.. Don't think so!
ashley5 likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 06:48 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Adrianna is up every 2-3 hrs. Its so normal. Wed night she sleep from 9pm-3:15...I woke up at 1:30 like ok is she ok!! She was just tired! I get her home about 4:45....feed her if she has not had a bottle lately. Sometimes she will nap 5:30-7 get her up...play bath at 7:30 play and sing...feed at 8:45 and rock..she is out by 9:15. Like yesterday she napped from 8:10am -10am and from 5:15-6 that was it was in bed at 9 and still woke up at 12:30. She just gets up to eat and goes right back down! Which is so much better!! lol. I have only had her wanting to play a few times but mommy has to get up at 6:20am so I need rest to!! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybethsmom View Post
Meghan sleeps 10-12 hours every night with no wake ups. My best advice is a strict bedtime schedule. Around 7 we do a warm bath with J&J bedtime bath then bedtime lotion. Jammies & swaddle her up. I take her in the living room where it's fairly quiet & the lights are low. I fix a 7 oz. bottle, but 99% of the time she takes 5-6 oz. after a couple of oz I give her 1/2 tsp gripe water, then after 2 more oz, another 1/2 tsp. She is gassy & spits up a lot. Usually after 5 oz she's out, & I go lay her down in her crib with her white noise machine on. About once a week I'll have to rock her 5-10 minutes. Not saying this is the best way, but it seems to be working for us. Good luck!!
This is good to know about how you use the gripe water! Dh keeps telling me he thinks gas is getting to her!! I am going to try that!! Thanks for sharing that!!
March 1st, 2013, 09:46 AM
Veteran
When my daughter goes through phases of waking up every 2-3 hours at night I have found that she sleeps better if I feed her more often during the day - every two hours. I EBF, so I understand if it might be different if you bottle feed - or not. I don't know much about bottle feeding but maybe it's worth a try?
March 1st, 2013, 05:11 PM
Super Mommy
It is worth a try. Thx! He gets 4-4 1/2 ounces... I'll try 5.

March 1st, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstxmommy View Post
It is worth a try. Thx! He gets 4-4 1/2 ounces... I'll try 5.
How much does he weigh? Meghan is taking 6 oz every 3-5 hours, depending on nap schedule. Def try upping the amount.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search