Teething & Diaper Rash Qs

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Tiffany8620
  • 1 Post By JillMama
  • 1 Post By Shamogue
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By babymama10
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Super Mommy
So poor little Eabha is teething up a storm and pretty miserable. We have homeopathic gels and tablets for her gums and they seem to help a bit. Does anyone have an amber teething necklace and if so, do you find it useful? She is also just after getting a really bad diaper rash the last few days, probably from teething too. We have aired out, use different diaper creams, baths, changed diaper brand etc. to try to ease it but it keeps rearing up...any other ideas?

Thank you!
March 1st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When Riley has had diaper rashes I always liked to let him air out as much as possible. Maybe leave the diaper off and lay Eabha on a towel for a good while? I also use either Desitin or Burts Bees diaper rash cream.
Shamogue likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mix coconut oil with a drop of tea tree oil for bad diaper rash. I'd let her air out on a towel too

I've heard great things about the amber necklaces. I think we'll get one too, but he can't wear it at school. Lame.
Shamogue likes this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
March 1st, 2013, 05:06 PM
Super Mommy
Airing out as we speak :-) Have been doing it for 30 min stretches The last few days but I now have her blanket covered in waterproof sheets so she can have a couple of hours. Good idea too with the coconut and tea tree, will try that next
JillMama likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 07:29 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My friend's daughter had a persistent diaper rash that and the only thing that cleared it up was this: Angel Baby Bottom Balm - Baby Diaper Rash, Thrush, Scrapes and Burns
Shamogue likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our babies always have the most sensative baby butts. We had one baby spend almost a MONTH IN THE HOSPITAL as a newborn from a diaper rash. They almost did skin graphs on her hiney. When we FINALLY got her home we used Triple paste. Its expensive but worth it.
As far as teething goes just the same ole things everyone else does.I have seen the Amber necklace but don't know if it REALLY works or not.
Sonja mama to 10
"Emma Faith" 11/2/12 8lbs 11 oz 19 inches
Shamogue likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 07:54 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I use the angel baby bottom balm. It works pretty good! It smells very strong which I think is the tea tree in it, but other than that I like it.
I also have a teething necklace that she wears every day (I take it off every night). Everyone asks if it works and honestly, I think that's a hard question because I don't know what she would be like without it. Lol. She drools a lot and is chewing on her fingers all day but she doesnt really seem to be in pain. I personally think its worth it but you have to make sure you spend the money and get a true Baltic amber one. I guess there are a lot of knock offs out there.
Shamogue likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search