Easter Baskets?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Will you be doing Easter baskets for your kiddos this year? If so, what will go in them?

I just bought the boys each a stuffed puppy with bunny ears, and am planning on putting a pack of binkies in Jamison's basket, and something either spiderman or star wars (probably legos) in Josiah's basket. We will do a small easter egg hunt in our backyard.

March 2nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
YES!!!!! I absolutely love making up the kids Easter baskets. All will have candy except Dillon and probably some makeup or a little fashion accessory for Megan, Summer is going to get a big chocolate bunny (she loves chocolate), Sammie will get a book, Ryan will get a car, and Dillon will get some small toys of some sort.

I usually let the kids dye eggs even though we typically don't have an egg hunt because our house and yard just isn't big enough.

I'm picking them up some blue and pink bunny ears and I am doing a picture at the park with them all in the ears.
jlstebbins and JillMama like this.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
March 2nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes yes, the Easter basket is a big deal around here!! We hide my dsd every year, and make it harder and harder every year, it's fun

She'll get candy, a book, a new swim suit and new flip flops

I'm not sure what we'll do for Jett yet, but I'll think of something. I guess he'll need a swim suit too!! hehehe

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
March 2nd, 2013, 05:20 PM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
Baskets for the older 2. Probably candy, books and some sort of toy for my 5 yr old and art stuff for my 11 yr old daughter. She loves to draw! Avrey will get some kind of stuffed bunny, it's what we did for the other 2 on their first Easter.

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

March 2nd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I've never been big on Easter baskets!! I was telling my hubby that I want to do egg hunts and baskets for Jonah...but start next year
JillMama likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We will have some little candies in baskets for the kids. Some chocolate eggs, jelly beans, and peeps chicks. Other than that, I have no idea. Esther won't have a basket this year.
March 2nd, 2013, 06:21 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love Easter baskets! I'll do one for Sean and put some books and small toys in it.

March 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Yes, we was just at target talking about this! I will do toys and books!!
March 2nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he will most likely get a stuffed bunny and a onesie

but he may also get a little tykes tap a tune piano SO has been wanting to get him one becuse h gets so excited whenwe play around with the one at the store.

and illl probabllly sneak some chocolates into his basket for me to eat so I can make him "chocolate milkshakes"
SabrinaH likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 10:22 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just never got into doing it since we didn't do it growing up. In the US, our church always had an egghunt for the kids. Don't know if they do that here.

Sisters, friends forever
March 2nd, 2013, 10:48 PM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
Neither of us is really into Easter and we typically do nothing for it each year, but.... I did purchase Scarlett 3 books to put into her baskety. I'm currently debating whether I should spend the money on a nice basket from Pottery Barn Kids or figure something else out.

March 3rd, 2013, 12:40 AM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm probably not going to do an Easter basket for Jayden since he will not know. Maybe next year.

March 3rd, 2013, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes, especially with an older dd. Meghan's will have the stuff she needs, mylicon, gripe water, some small toys, books, etc. MB gets usually a dvd, swimsuit, books. She's allergic to nuts, so that limits the candy dramatically.

March 3rd, 2013, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know my mom is doing a basket for Madalyn ... Stuffed bunny and books. Haven't talked to DH about what we are going to do.

March 3rd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Peytonsmomma
oh yes we are getting the stuff tomorrow...and i will be price matching everything and use a coupon! very excited about that!!!

i wake up at 4am and put them together...my dsd still believes in the easter bunny, so we will do candy, stuffed animals, eggs with candy in them, and therons will have a stuffed animal im sure
March 3rd, 2013, 01:22 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got Ares' a few toys and some cute finger puppets for his basket. They were already approved by him Haha.

I will also be taking him to get Easter pics done. My friend is a photographer and always gives me great deals. I'll probably jump in a few of them because I need more pics of the two of us.

March 3rd, 2013, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i love holidays, including easter I can't wait. I'm doing it early this year, when I go down for vacation.... next week. My mom and I are gonna get baskets for my husband and baby. Hubby doesn't know what he's in for

March 3rd, 2013, 10:03 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I probably wouldn't have done a basket for Jamison this year if it weren't for the fact that Josiah will EXPECT that both of them get a basket! The joy of having two children

March 4th, 2013, 05:40 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not doing a easter basket for Hunter since he doens't know whats going on anyways. But for Ava it's going to be a minnie mouse theme since she LOVES Minnie. I found at walgreens a minnie basket, then they have a bunch of minnie stuff like bubbles, glow sticks, chalk, etc. We don't put any candy or food in there b/c she'll probably get enough from grandparents.
March 4th, 2013, 06:39 AM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
We do baskets for the girls (my step daughters) we bought the premade baskets once and I will never do it again, there is close to nothing in there for the price! So we make them, usually bubbles with eggs filled with candy, some sandals, glow sticks just little things they enjoy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search