fun in the sun

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 11:56 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
It's freezing and snowy here, and I'm daydreaming.

Have you purchased a swimsuit for baby yet? What do you think you'll be wearing to swim this upcoming summer?
March 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Claire has a new suit, George has swim trunks, and hopefully Abigail will fit into Claire's old suit. We only wear suits when we go to the pool, though. If we are just playing in the sprinkler in the yard or something, I just put swim diapers on and that's good enough for me

Right now I'm not feeling comfortable enough for the bikini...I have a tankini that will offer me a little more coverage until I tighten up these abs

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 7th, 2013, 01:20 PM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
I haven't picked up swimsuits just yet. As for me, I haven't worn a swimsuit in so long...... I am hoping to be back into shape enough to wear a tankini since I have some pretty scary looking stretchmarks. Or a tankini top with some swim shorts. Decisions decisions.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
March 7th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Veteran
Haven't gotten a swimsuit yet for my daughter but I've been checking them out It really doesn't get warm enough here to go swimming until late June unless there a heat wave. Me - I plan on rocking my bikini! I'm so psyched I didn't get any stretch marks, and I have about 6 more pound to loose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. My body has changed some, but I'm still cool about that. It's all worth it for my daughter.
bryan and nina likes this.
March 7th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Peytonsmomma
well lol! we leave tomorrow...so i had to go thru all my suits and i think i found one that might work, theron will wear little trunks, and pey has the cutest two piece from gap
March 7th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've seen tons of cute suits for Madalyn ... Haven't gotten any yet. As for myself, that's a dilemma ... My body has changed SO much (in a good way) so I have to get my mindset to match with what my body looks like. A friend said, "Girl, you need to rock a bikini!" Maybe I'll soon be comfortable enough to take her advice!

March 7th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to go get a tankini for our trip next week. I keep putting it off! Sean has some swim gear for our vacation but I need to get some things in a bigger size for this summer. MIL bought the crabby swim set for him in size 9 months so that should see some good use.

March 7th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I have purchased Jonah's swim trunks and swim shirt. He already went swimming with daddy a few weeks ago I will NOT be wearing a suit of any kind. I don't really like swimming. I usually wear a tube top type of sun dress. They are short.

March 7th, 2013, 07:21 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I am so excited to buy Ruby a bathing suit. I have always ooh and ahed at the baby girl bathing suits at the stores when buying stuff for my boys and I am happy that I get to buy something cute for her now! I am guessing it will end up having ruffles and polka dots, nothing has been purchased yet.
For myself, I have been eying Seafolly Boyleg Maillot - Anthropologie.com for a few years, and its so expensive that I am only going to splurge if I am at my "normal" body weight yet. Otherwise I will just find a cheap tankini or bikini depending on what size I am.
March 8th, 2013, 01:03 AM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I already bought Jayden tons of bathing suit trunks and i will be wearing my old bikinis

March 8th, 2013, 04:11 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, Luyando has a sun protective swimming suit although she's never worn it. We'll start swimming classes in a month or so. I will wear my old swimming suit (one piece). I wore them while I was pregnant so they'll definitely fit now and maybe even too big. Apart from my tummy, everywhere else looks great. No stretch marks and I am at least 5lbs lighter than I was pre-pregnancy.

Sisters, friends forever
March 8th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
Allison inherited SO many swimsuits from her big sister, so she's all set! My son has a few pairs of trunks and Maddie has a couple cute bikinis to cover her little pot belly I Dont even want to talk about myself. I'm still 10lbs away from pre-preg weight and even before Allie, you wouldn't catch me dead in a bikini lol. Maybe a tankini if I'm feeling extra confident..last year I rocked my huge belly and a cute maternity tankini and couldn't care less about it, this year, not so much!

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

March 8th, 2013, 08:31 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Same here!! I didn't really go swimming before having her and I doubt I'll start now! we live by the lake but honestly, my lacking self confidence aside, the lake water grosses me out! Severely. Lol. So do pools; I don't care for those chemicals on my body. My hair smells like chlorine for days! No thanks.
I may take Emmy into the water once or twice; Bryan's parents live right on the lake so we can wade there. I'd love to buy her a cute bathing suit.

March 8th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Yeah, those southern lakes look gross with that clay soil. I remember that from living in TN. My favorite lakes are in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. They get completely new water every 7 years from the springs so it's crystal clear and you can see something like 20-30 feet down!

March 8th, 2013, 10:07 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
We've bought Madily 2 suits already (1-1 piece and 1-2 piece). They're super cute & I can't wait to put them on her & go swimming.

Ryan has a pair of swim trunks, too, but we'll probably get him 1 or 2 more pairs for the summer.

I'll just wear one of my old tankinis that'll hide my c-section shelf.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

March 11th, 2013, 11:03 PM
kaylarayne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw the cutest swimsuits at Target but decided not to buy just yet. The last couple of years the pools in our area are so incredibly crowded that it isn't even enjoyable

March 12th, 2013, 02:33 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
already bought some lil swimmers andsome blue swim trunks for LO and gone swimming last time my mom visited they stayed at a hotel with an indoor baby pool so we did a water introduction (let him touch and stand in it since it was a 1 ft pool) and he liked it so we did ffloating to which he loved......I just kept my hand under his head and pulled him around the pool lol

as for me I have a bikini that im not a huge fan of We were in a rush And the only one I chould find in my size was a pushup totally unnecissary and gets uncomfortable when my tatas get full but otherwise I like Im not half as comfortable as I was pre preg but I know the only way for me to except my new body is to treat it just like my old one

March 12th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Kelly, I am so proud of you! You have changed from a clueless girl into a fantastic mom.

March 12th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Pageturner
Michael has a pair of 12 month swim trunks that hopefully will fit by the time we start going to the beach again! I need to get him swim diapers and one of those UV blocking swim shirts though. Definitely need to get some baby sun screen too, as he has DH pale, sensitive skin so will be susceptible to burning. We are gonna invest in one of those sun canopies too.
March 12th, 2013, 06:35 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Morgan, Emmy is the same way. She is SO fair; I don't know how I'll ever be comfortable having her in the sun. Lol. Where do you guys shop for those uv block shirts?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search