Start work on Monday

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 2 Post By marybethsmom
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By ellinj0206
  • 1 Post By doremi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Teeniemama's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, ladies, it's back to work for me on Monday, full time. I'm somewhat devastated but also looking forward to getting back to it. I'd prefer to work part time, I think that would be a good life balance for me, not too much of one or the other (I obviously need to get out at least part time). I found a nanny I love and she's been babysitting for us -- I've met her mom and everything -- so I feel confident/comfortable leaving my girl although I think it will be wildly painful to do so. I'm worried about a lot of stuff, but financially I need to go back for us. I'll still be on JM and now I'm on the FB group.

How are other working mommies doing?

March 8th, 2013, 11:29 AM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck going back to work!

Work has been ok for me. I really think that it helped my mental state to get back to my normal routine. It also helps that my mom is the one watching Madalyn. I'd also love to work part time, but financially it's just not possible for us.
Teeniemama likes this.

March 8th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! I don't know how you working mamas do it.
Teeniemama likes this.

March 8th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! Going back to work for me has been the only way to maintain my sanity. My mom keeps Meghan and I go see her every day at lunch, so it's the best of both worlds.
Teeniemama and LoverlyJules like this.

March 8th, 2013, 03:01 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am loving been back at work. I find that I actually have more patience for my kids (particularly dd1) now that I am not with her 24/7. I hate the commuting part since I work downtown and it's an hour commute. DH also works downtown and we go together on the 2 days that dd1 does not go to school so its made some time for us. Mentally its been a great thing for me; it took like a week for my brain to "reconnect" with work but it is going well. It has helped that my kids are with my mom; when she leaves at the end of May and Luyando goes to daycare I will re-evaluate how I feel. DD1 started daycare at age 1 because my mom took care of her until then so I sort of wish Luyando could stay at home till age 1 too. Oh well,...Enjoy your time back at work; the first few days may be tough emotionally but it does get better, particularly as you trust your baby's carer more and more.
Teeniemama likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
March 8th, 2013, 07:21 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
Good luck, mama! I go back to work on Wednesday.
Teeniemama likes this.

March 8th, 2013, 09:28 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I hope your first day back goes well! That is great that you found a nanny that you feel comfortable with! I have been working part time since the beginning of January. The professional side of me loves my time at work, because I am actually doing something I am passionate about. However, the Mommy part of me just wishes I could be home ALL the time! I don't think I could do it unless I had my Mom watching the kids on the mornings I work, and DH watching them in the evenings when i work. I feel like I have the best of both worlds.
Teeniemama likes this.

March 10th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Teeniemama's Avatar Super Mommy
Turns out I start Tuesday rather than Monday, so it's nice to have one day. Thanks for all your words of encouragement, especially some of you feeling better because you went to work (staying sane!) I think it will be good for me too once I get through the rough part emotionally. I'm a little worried because I feel like my brain isn't working as well as it used to, I forget things, and my husband will try to explain stuff to me and I don't get it even though it's simple. So who knows what will happen once I get to work!

Since I don't have to go to work tomorrow the nanny is spending the day with us which is nice -- for her to get acclimated and for me to get a little free time to get some things done. I'm jealous of all of you whose moms are helping -- my mom passed away last April (almost one year, unbelievable) and I'd give anything for her to be here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search