Most useful/least useful

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 10:02 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
What baby items are you loving right now? What have you purchased for baby but found yourself not using much if at all?

I am loving having the option of either the boba wrap or the ergo depending on our activity. The wrap has been wonderful for when we are going someplace where I will want to sit down with him, or for when he is fussy and needs a nap. The ergo is great for the quick in and out of the car things, like dropping DS1 off at preschool. I am also loving our baby travel bed... it stays in our living room area so that he can sleep in there in the evenings until I am ready to go to bed. Right now I have him asleep next to me on the couch, inside the little bed

We aren't using the rain cover for the stroller because when it rains, if we are going to walk, I find it easier to put him in the carrier. I've also barely used the little leather robeez on him... with DS1 I had him wearing them all the time because we had hardwood floors so he needed them to get traction once he was scooting, and he was super active and would always kick his socks off if I didn't have the leather shoes on him. Jamison keeps his socks on, and so I tend to leave him in just his socks. We barely used the Gripe Water we bought, and the Hylands teething tablets don't seem to do a darn thing for him.

March 9th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most: sooo many, but for big ticket items I'd say his swing and jumperoo. The swing is useful for naps and letting him relax when he's overstimulated. He has so much fun with his jumperoo that we have to cut him off so he doesn't get those hip and leg problems someone posted about.

Least: the carseat canopy. I just put a blanket on Sean to keep him warm.

March 9th, 2013, 07:48 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
Most: His 3-in-1 rocker chair

Least: The diaper changing pad/cushion... I just use a blanket on the floor lol

March 9th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We've been using our Bumbo a lot lately. She doesn't like her bouncy seats that recline, because she wants to be completely upright, but she can't sit on her own yet.

Least used is the diaper pail. I take the diapers straight out to the garage and dispose of them. The diaper pail fills up so dang fast, and then you have to buy the bags for the pail....pain in the neck.
March 9th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Super Mommy
Love the k'tan wrap- it's so easy and fast to use and she likes being able to look around and see what's going on. The arms reach has been amazing. Oh, the item that totally surprised me was the adjustable recline high chair my uncle got her- she loves being at the table with us and it was nice to start family meal time so early.

She really doesn't care much for her swing- she has to be super tired before she'll stay in it. We have a bassinet downstairs for naps that isn't getting much use either.
March 9th, 2013, 11:34 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
most: woombie swaddlers, rock and play, bouncer, boba ssc or beco gemini.

least: bumbo, a&a swaddle blankets, co-sleeper.
March 9th, 2013, 12:22 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most: Rock 'N Play, SwaddleMe, Playmat, Bumbo, and Butterfly Carseat Cover

Least: Unfortunately my stroller and baby carriers ... just not easy in the snow ... hoping when the weather is nicer, I'll be using them more!

March 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
right now the most used are

all terrain stroller- I whould die if i had to get a graco or some similer through our walks each day

nuby tether keys - he cant fit any others in his mouth

Boppy- he has practicaly lived on it since he came home

anything that plays music- ANY-thing sanity lays in the music

lest usefull...

burp cloths- used them once literaly anything works for that why make a special product

gloves- he cant stand to not chew on his hands gloves on=blood curdling screams gloves off = happy giggily boy

March 9th, 2013, 03:56 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Most useful: Their swings (so glad a friend gave us a second one!), Sophie the Giraffes , baby carriers (I can't take the 3 kids anywhere without one), bottle warmer, and the Halo sleep sacks.

I'm also SOOOOO glad we got a minivan. We contemplated keeping our SUV, but I have never once regretted the van. Absolutely everything about it is easy and convenient, not to mention our gas mileage doubled

Least useful: Bumbos (Abby has already thrown herself out of hers), bouncy seat (neither baby liked it), fancy/cute burp cloths (cloth diapers work better than anything else)

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 9th, 2013, 04:09 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Most-playmate,boppy,was rock n play

Least-swaddle blankets!
March 9th, 2013, 08:35 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most-bouncy seat, swing, tummy time mat
Least-for now, pack n play (that may change over time), diaper pail (they don't have the plastic that goes with it here), and the winter clothes that some well meaning folks gave her even though they knew we were coming back to Australia (it does not get that cold here plus even the ones that would work for winter here would be too small by the time its winter here)

Sisters, friends forever
March 9th, 2013, 11:22 PM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
Most used is his bouncy seat, his bumbo, and surprisingly his tub and stroller. I'm the kind of mom that bathes in the sink and adult tub. Also I typically carried the kids around. This time around though my MIL went crazy baby shopping since this is her first and last grandchild that she got to be around as a baby. I used the tub on a whim so I wouldn't hurt her feeling and both PPC and I love it. He's such a monster child that I had to start putting him in his stroller and low and behold it has been a godsend for his crying spells. If he gets fussy we load him up and walk him around the house in his stroller. Instant quiet!!!!!

The least used was his swing and his bassinet. He sat in his swing once and absolutely hated it. Freaked out so bad he was holding his breath and turning purple. We tried multiple times and it was the same result every time. As for his bassinet, he needed to sleep elevated for gagging and reflux. And now, he is just too darn big for it. Also a lot of his really nice clothes that everyone bought him "big" for Christmas. yeah.....they don't fit. Way too small.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
March 11th, 2013, 04:40 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
most is the halo sleeper sacks! they are a life saver, Hunter wont sleep without one on.

least is our double stroller i hate how big it is and thinking of getting a sit and stand one thats lighter and smaller.
March 11th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Pageturner
Most used: rock n play, swing, activity mat, changing table and diaper pail, crib, ducky toys, ergo and moby, exersaucer.

Least: bouncy seat, bumbo, baby lotion

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search