Scary!!!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jlstebbins

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
I went to Walmart tonight and had a huge scare! I was being stalked by man. He was in his 60's I would guess. I was in the health and beauty section and noticed him but didnt think much. Well than I went over by the cookie dough, looked behind me and there he was about 15 ft. from me staring at me. I walked down the meat isle an was going to turn down another isle and looked back and he started turning down 2 isles up from me. I than backed up and kept going down the meat isle thinking he thought I was on another isle, and NOPE, I couldnt out smart him. He was trailing behind me, and thats when I got really freaked out. I thought up to that point maybe it was coincidental. I called DH, he was at home with our boys, and told him about it. As I was talking to him he asked if he was still following me and i was hiding in the baked goods section and he was like back 50 ft. from me still. Im really not a paranoid person at all, but this guy was doing this on purpose b/c everytime I would check to see if he was there or finally gone he would just give me this creepy stare. HE DIDNT EVEN HAVE ANYONE WITH HIM OR A CART. HE WAS JUST WALKING AROUND AND STALKING!!

Well, I went to the checkout line and paid, then went to customer service and told them. They had a male manager walk me out. I live 4 blocks from Walmart, so I just drove around awhile making sure no one was following me in my car and he wasnt thank goodness. I got home and DH checked outside just double checking. Sooo that was scare! Sooo many creeps in this world!! WHY?? Errr...I hate it.

Ok, just thought I would share my Saturday evening drama!

March 9th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG...glad you are home safe & sound. We live in a scary world!!

March 9th, 2013, 07:43 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
omg yikes!! do you look like someone famous?
March 9th, 2013, 08:26 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That would scare me to death. Thank God you at least noticed quickly and took action. Some people are just creepy.

Sisters, friends forever
March 9th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Creepy! Glad you made it home safe and sound. Walmart can be a weird place sometimes!

March 9th, 2013, 09:42 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! What a weirdo!

March 10th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Kristen aka Bostoncreampie (lol)- I am famous! Duhhh....lol! NO im kidding! I dont look like anyone famous I dont think. Although I was told awhile back that I look like Miranda Lamburt when my hair is more blonde. lol.
bostoncreampie likes this.

March 10th, 2013, 03:17 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Wow, that is totally creepy! I'm glad you noticed so that you could be careful...and I hope he is totally harmless and not just waiting for someone who isn't paying attention to do something awful. How scary!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 10th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Veteran
Scary...glad you noticed him!
March 10th, 2013, 03:57 PM
kaylarayne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes that is extremely frightening and creepy! I am so glad you had the manager walk out with you and that you drove around for a bit. That was very smart! I have seen a picture of you somewhere on JM and you are a very pretty lady and I am sure you likely have admirers everywhere you go...BUT this is just right out EERIE! So glad all is well. ((HUGS)) Mamma!

March 10th, 2013, 05:22 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Glad you were careful, and you got home safe. That is very scary.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
March 10th, 2013, 06:51 PM
We just live in a scary world these days and you cant hardly trust anyone is seems like. It's a shame. Times have changed from when we were children. Our kids cant grow up in an 'almost' care free world like it once used to be. Too many bad people.

March 10th, 2013, 07:31 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I agree. And my mind goes to the worst case scenario about people too much now too. Like when I see an old man watching kids playing at a park, I automatically think they are sketchy. I'm sure people didn't make those assumptions when we were kids.
March 10th, 2013, 08:00 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eewwwwww I just got the chills reading this. So glad you're safe!!

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
March 10th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Teeniemama's Avatar Super Mommy
You did the right thing going to customer service and letting them know so they could keep an eye on him, and so you could get safely to your car. You also did a great thing by posting this since it serves as a reminder to us to be observant and to seek help in that sort of situation!

A couple of weekends ago there was a guy staring at me and Barnes & Noble. I was in the reference section and he kept looking at me from nearby. (I had the baby with me in her stroller, DH was in the coffee area). I didn't get the crazy red warning bells but he stood out to me as someone to worry about. However, with the baby and DH nearby, I wasn't as concerned as I would've been alone. I went over to the coffee area to check on DH who was looking at a book. He was about ready so I went over to the magazines and was looking through one when I noticed weirdo in the coffee area staring at me. DH and I left...I didn't tell him till the other night. He wished I had told him then. I probably should have -- what if he was some freak who followed us? Anyway thanks for posting this!!! Stay safe...maybe avoid Wal Mart for a bit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search