Solids

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By JillMama
  • 2 Post By Summerdays12
  • 1 Post By mommaof4andhalf
  • 2 Post By JillMama
  • 1 Post By cincy1luv
  • 1 Post By myfavoriteshoes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2013, 10:06 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just bought all the stuff (at least I think I got it all) to make Jett's food. I know before 1 just for fun but what I don't know is how much at each age should we be feeding them solids. I know if your bfing that should be the main source of food, so how do I know when and how much to give him? I also bought some organic baby oatmeal...
Summerdays12 likes this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
March 10th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I ordered my ice cube trays and baby spoons! They were delivered on Friday. Jonah has really been staring at us during dinner time. He watches the fork or spoon pick up the food and follows it until we take a bite. He's getting ready, I can tell. What are you going to make and freeze first???
bryan and nina and JillMama like this.

March 11th, 2013, 02:54 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
Dillon is fascinated with what we eat. He tries to reach out and take our forks. We started him when he seemed like he was just not getting satisfied with his bottle. He seemed like he was starving all the time and eating a ton. We made hims some cereal after a bath one night and he inhaled it and was just a happy little chunker. We started the jars a few weeks ago as an experiment and he ended up loving it. He takes his food very seriously LOL.

In all honesty, when you feel like experimenting I would say try to give him just a tad and see how he takes it. He will let you know if he is ready or not. It's all about experimenting at this point and I hope you take pictures of his faces during the tryout periods. They will be hilarious!!!!! <3
JillMama likes this.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
March 11th, 2013, 03:56 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started Luyando on just a teaspoon of cereal mixed with breastmilk (and now applesauce because of constipation); she has just progressed to a teaspoon and half. She is not crazy about food in general though so difficult to judge from her. You can start small and see how he does and slowly increase the amount. I am sure he will love it. Enjoy.

Sisters, friends forever
March 11th, 2013, 05:16 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hunter only eats about a teaspon before he gets annoyed and losses interest. My DD was the same way, it took her a while before she ate a good amount. I think a lot of babies are like that, it's almost like practice for them to learn how to move their tongue and what to do with the food in their mouth.
March 11th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Pageturner
He will let you know when he has had enough. Michael takes a few bites, but when he's done he purses his lips.
March 11th, 2013, 08:25 AM
I'm more asking about over the next year not just in the beginning
abur and cuatx like this.

March 12th, 2013, 07:05 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I want to know as well!! Good question and it's something I've been wondering about also.

March 12th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I started Meghan with just a tablespoon of prunes last night. She loved it!

March 12th, 2013, 09:35 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
My doctor gave me a sheet for as she grows how much to give and of course you can give them a little more if they want it.
JillMama likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 10:05 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
we're not ready yet over here, but a rule i did with my oldest son was to feed solids only after a full milk feed, about 30mins later.. as for amounts, well, until he loses interest
JillMama likes this.

March 12th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavoriteshoes View Post
we're not ready yet over here, but a rule i did with my oldest son was to feed solids only after a full milk feed, about 30mins later.. as for amounts, well, until he loses interest
This held true even at like 9+ months?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search