Oops!!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Teeniemama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I go to my parents' house every other Friday to visit and today my sister was there as well. I had her color my hair and when the time was up went to shower and wash it out. Well, Sean got hungry while I was in the shower, but he'd just eaten right before my sister put the color in so my dad, brother, and sister thought he was just tired and generally fussy so they decided to put him in the pack n play in the guest room and let him CIO. I come out of the shower to find my sister standing in the hallway while Sean is crying and she says "We're doing the Ferber method." I go in to find Sean in the pack n play with a heavy woven blanket and the nursing cover on him so he'd have my scent and be warm!

The thought was there since she did have him on his back, was trying to make him cozy, and turned on a fan for white noise, but my poor baby!

After I fed Sean and got him to sleep, I calmly told my sister she was on the right track with trying to make him cozy, but just not to put blanket on him. My dad knows I don't like CIO, but keeps insisting on trying it with Sean.

March 15th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Teeniemama's Avatar Super Mommy
I cannot imagine putting a baby in a pak n play and letting them cry it out...unless they'd had colic all day and I needed a break! I would think that during a visit folks would want to hold and cuddle a baby, not leave him in another room to cry! Oh well. At least they're trying to help? Don't take showers there any more.
abur likes this.

March 15th, 2013, 08:53 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG! I would have lost it, poor Sean =(

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
March 15th, 2013, 11:42 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, poor guy!

March 16th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Veteran
Poor little guy!
March 16th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, part of it was they were trying to be quiet for my mom since she was having a bad day and needed sleep and of course he cries loudly. My sister doesn't understand since she doesn't have kids yet and my dad is from a generation that did that. I think if my mom was awake they wouldn't have done that.

And Cuatx, my dad was holding him when I went upstairs. They adore him and play with him the entire time we're there. They just thought he needed sleep (which he did) and didn't go a about putting him to sleep the best way.

Last edited by Belita; March 16th, 2013 at 04:12 AM.
March 16th, 2013, 04:21 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor Sean.

Sisters, friends forever
March 16th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Crazy thing is, since we got Meghan her zipadee blanket, she WANTS to CIO! If you sit down to try to cuddle & rock her, she screams & flails around. If you lay her down on her side with her noonie, she either cries or kind of "sings" herself to sleep & is out cold in 2-3 minutes. I miss rocking her

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search