A hungry baby (and tired parents).

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ellinj0206

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2013, 06:09 AM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
Alexandra has been getting up roughly every 2-2.5 hours to eat the past few days. We did have her all the way up to three-four hours until the past few days. I'm wondering if it's a growth spurt.

Also, I think I mentioned this once before, but our Dr said to try to get her up to a 5 oz bottle so she sleeps more through the night. Right now she's drinking four ounces and pretty much cuts it off at exactly four (I've tried offering five ounces). I feel that she'll let us know when she's ready for five ounces at a time, but has anyone else had any experiences otherwise?

On a different note, I'm back at work and so far she's loving daycare. She's already met a little boyfriend (hahaha) and seems to be having fun interacting with the other babies and playing. They take excellent care of her (and all the babies). I feel sooooooo good about her being there and it has made the transition back to work so much easier. She's at the daycare on my campus and I've been able to go over at lunch time and spend time with her and even feed her her bottle.

El
yashobo, Belita and JillMama like this.

March 16th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope she starts sleeping better again soon! You must be exhausted between that and going back to work!

That's great that you get to visit her at lunch and are so happy with her day care.

Honestly, I think that if she's full there really isn't anything you can do to get her to eat more. Maybe someone else has experience otherwise, though.

March 16th, 2013, 06:58 AM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If she cuts it off at 4 ounces I dont think shes ready for 5. When I moved Jayden up from 4 to 5 I just added an extra ounce and he took it so I would maybe try 4.5 and see how that goes but she may just be satisfied at 4.

March 16th, 2013, 07:53 AM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think you can make her drink more in one feeding if she doesn't want it. Sorry you guys are so worn out!

March 16th, 2013, 09:58 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im no expert but I know that when Connor gets upset and guzzles down more then his norm he just ends up terribly gassy puky and fussy so IMO trying to get her to eat more then shes signeling she wants will probably just make the sleep situation worse.....I wish I chould offer advice that whould actually help but I hvent found it yet Connor still acts this way sometimes to.........good news on finding a good care center im terrified to ever have to leave him somewhere lol.

March 16th, 2013, 10:52 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, if she won't take it she's not ready. Can't force a baby to eat more than they need.

Glad day care is going well! I wish I loved mine as much as you love yours.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
March 16th, 2013, 02:02 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you are having a good transition back to work and that daycare is working out great. Agree with the other ladies. You can't give a baby more food than the baby wants. Plus, the amount of food they eat has little to do with how much they sleep. Mine eats 6oz at times with the bottle and still wakes up on some days to eat at night. For example yesternight, she took close to 5 ounces from the bottle and then wanted the bottle no more because she was overtired and cranky. She then breastfed for 20 minutes so I am sure she had way more than 6oz. She went to sleep at 7pm, was up at 9 something screaming for food, ate 5-6 oz, and was up up at again at 12.18am for 4oz, was up again at past 3am for another 1-2oz . This is not typical of her though but just getting the point across that amount of food has nothing to do with sleep. Most days she wakes up at least once before sleep to eat and once during the night to eat. Hope you she starts sleeping well soon.

Sisters, friends forever

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search