Angel Kisses and Stork Bites

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NewGurl
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 1 Post By NewGurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Veteran
Anyone else's baby still have their angel kiss? My daughter has a stork bite on the back of her neck and an angel kiss on her forehead. Her pedi said the angel kiss would likely go away at 3 months (it hasn't, but it has gotten a tiny bit smaller) and the stork bite was likely permanent. My sister's son had an angel kiss but it didn't fade until he was almost one. I was talking to a lady yesterday who said her son had a severe one. She said it did fade, but he is 8 now and you can still see it, it's just not as severe.

Also wondering, what's the temperament of babies with angel kisses? My daughter is patient, and easy going. So is my nephew, and the lady I was talking to yesterday said the same of her son. Didn't know if it was a coincidence.
March 16th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Madalyn has a birthmark on the back of her neck. Still there, but a bit lighter. No marks on her forehead ... But she's a pretty laid back girl!

March 16th, 2013, 06:40 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
What's an angel kiss?
Emmy has a stork bite on the back of her neck. I still have mine so I doubt hers will go away. She also has a cafe au lait birthmark on her forehead.

March 16th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Jonah has a stork bite on the nape of his neck. He is very very easy going and chill.

March 16th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Veteran
An angel kiss is very similar to a stork bite, but it's on their faces. The vascularization of an angel kiss is a bit more pixelated than solid when compared to a stork bite. It also darkens with emotion.
March 16th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats fuuny that you posted about this as Dh and I were and have been talking about this. Emma is my first child out of TEN to have a storkbite. None of my children even have birth marks! My 18 year old has a tiny patch on her scalp that causes a small portion of her hair to grow out white, so I guess you would say thats a birthmark.But Emma about 2 months ago developed a teeny tint storkbite on the very back of her neck. I read things that said it could be a the beginings of a hemangioma or just a little bit of broken bloodvessels called a storkbite. Our doctor was no help, she just said to keep an eye on it....DUHHH! Really!!
As far as her personality goes she is VERY demanding and not the most patient. My other children cried only a handful of times and were very very easy keepers.Emma is a wonderful baby just more fussy at times and she lets us know it without missing a beat. She still wont laugh out loud. She smiles and talks and makes great eye contact and pays very good attention to us. But instead of a laugh she make this weird smirk as though she is already being sarcastic. LOL
We bought her an exersaucer yesturday and she LOVES this thing.She loves all the gadgets and gizmos and light with noises.She is trying to stand to reach everything. Its so cute.
March 17th, 2013, 10:11 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
Don't have any here, but both my kiddos have mongolian spots on their bodies...
#3 due December 16, 2015

March 17th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Jinnah
Elijah has an angel kiss on his eyelid. It's so cute! It's not very obvious unless you are staring... then you might notice it. He's an easygoing baby, but he wants to be held most of the time.
March 17th, 2013, 01:46 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Jamison had angel kisses above his lip and above one eye, and a stork bite on the nape of his neck. The angel kisses have faded, but the stork bite is still there. It barely peeks below his hairline though, so chances are nobody will really notice it once his hair grows in all the way!

March 17th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Super Mommy
Eabha has a couple of small stork bites - one patch on the back of her head and a tiny bit by her hairline at the neck.
March 17th, 2013, 05:58 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
everyone is speaking a foreign language now ....what are you guys talking about?
JillMama likes this.

March 17th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't know either until I looked it up! Basically birth marks on the face or neck.
JillMama likes this.

March 17th, 2013, 06:25 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh haha Connor has one on the back of his neck but we just called it a birthmark i didnt know they had special names
LoverlyJules likes this.

March 18th, 2013, 09:41 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
everyone is speaking a foreign language now ....what are you guys talking about?
^^^ what she said.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search