Babywearing

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Shamogue
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By SLP83

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Super Mommy
OMG I just love it! It makes life so much easier for me. I was hoping before Eabha got her that both of us would like it and she is just happy as a clam in there and it allows me to have my hands free for whatever I need to do. I use the baby K'tan and love how easy it is to put on (the Moby and I didn't get on lol). How are you finding baby wearing if you do it? Any favorite carriers?
yashobo and babymama10 like this.
March 19th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wore Eve last evening in the Moby. She was tired, but fighting sleep. I knew the Moby would get her to snuggle up on my chest and she was out in no time. I also have an Ergo.
March 19th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I struggled with the Moby ... Couldn't get it right. Have a Mei Tai, haven't tried it yet. Want to use it for walks around the neighborhood when the weather gets nicer.

March 19th, 2013, 07:48 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I wouldn't be able to function without babywearing I liked the Moby early on, and then used mostly the Beco Gemini. Now I keep the Beco in the van and have the Ergos at home. This past weekend our whole family went on a hike...DH and I each had a baby in an Ergo and it was so great! We couldn't have taken a stroller on the trail, and since we were hands-free we could help Claire or use our hands/arms for balance.
babymama10 likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 19th, 2013, 07:56 PM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love our Snugli!
March 19th, 2013, 08:39 PM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
We loved the moby but he seems to be getting fussy with how tight he is in it. I want an Ergo but can't bring myself to spend that much money on it and then not like it or use it.

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

March 19th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Baby K'Tan here too...we love it

March 19th, 2013, 11:29 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my Moby. I use it all the time and barely ever use my sling or mei tai anymore. He's too big for the sling and the mei tai is a PITA b/c I have to undo it to get him out then redo it. The Moby is more of a hassle to put on but once it's on, I can pretty much leave it on all day and put him in or take him out as needed.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

March 19th, 2013, 11:48 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I have a boba wrap which has been wonderful! I love it, and he is definitely the most comfortable in it. However, now that he weighs around 18 lbs, it is kind of hard on my back if I wear it for more than an hour or so. I also have an ergo, and we are just starting to use it... he is barely tall enough to straddle and peek out the top. I wear him in front with the ergo. It is the carrier I bring for quick "in-out" errands since it is easier to get him in and out of than the wrap. I'm sure in a few more months we will be using the ergo exclusively. I carried Josiah in the ergo until he was 3!

March 20th, 2013, 04:10 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We carry Luyando with a plain piece of cloth. The expensive carriers are too complicated for my brain. I have a cheap infantino but I am so used to the plain piece of cloth that the infantino will be getting no use from me. Luyando loves being worn.

Sisters, friends forever
March 20th, 2013, 04:51 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the ergo and use it alot running errands, and he loves the thing:]
March 20th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have too many carriers, lol. Right now I carry Esther in a woven wrap (ie, plain piece of cloth) or the Moby, but she's almost big enough to straddle something now, so we may start using a mei tei and the ergo son. I really like the woven wrap right now though.
March 20th, 2013, 06:55 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I have a beco and a mei tei that I made (I'd like to make a new one and change some things up). I love using mine to grocery shop!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

March 20th, 2013, 07:54 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I've been struggling with this. I have been using my Moby style homemade wrap all along to this point. I have a Snugli, but I won't be using it now that I know it's not good for babies and it kills my shoulders anyway. I cut fabric for a woven wrap, but couldn't really get comfortable in it. I've been wanting a Mei Tai, thought about trying to make one, but I just can't get brave enough or find fabric I like for it. I may still just buy one or maybe I'll get brave and order some fabric to make one. I just am afraid to try it.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
March 20th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You can use something like a heavy twill to make the straps and inside of a Mei Tei and then get a pretty cotton print for the outside! I did my Mei Tei myself, and just used two pieces of twill, but I was up north when I did that. I want to make one for down here, and would do the twill/print combination now.

What about the woven wrap did you have trouble with? It has a lot of learning curve to it, but when you get it it is SO easy!
March 21st, 2013, 05:45 AM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AngieKH* View Post
I have a Snugli, but I won't be using it now that I know it's not good for babies and it kills my shoulders anyway.
What's wrong with the Snugl? Ours has been "hip approved" by Nora's orthopedic surgeon. I know there are different styles...

(It was hip-approved for facing in, I didn't ask him about facing out because we haven't done that yet. I'm thinking I won't use it for facing out, I don't like how her legs "dangle")
marinewife01 likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 05:12 PM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP83 View Post
What's wrong with the Snugl? Ours has been "hip approved" by Nora's orthopedic surgeon. I know there are different styles...

(It was hip-approved for facing in, I didn't ask him about facing out because we haven't done that yet. I'm thinking I won't use it for facing out, I don't like how her legs "dangle")
I just ordered the snugli seated baby carrier. It had good reviews so I hope we like it. The baby sits in it in a seated position with their knees at hip level like they are suppose to. Is this the same kind you have?

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

March 21st, 2013, 05:25 PM
zubeldia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the Moby early on and now I'm mostly using my Ergo (and sometimes the Beco.. which I prefer for back carries when the babe is older). Charlie LOVES it and almost always goes to sleep as soon as he's being worn!

rafi and charlie by zubeldia36, on Flickr
March 21st, 2013, 07:42 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I have been loving the Boba structured carrier. I thought the Ergo was good until I tried the Beco, and I thought the Beco was good until I tried the Boba. Too bad I bought it for my husband for Christmas. I feel a little bit bad wearing it all the time!
March 22nd, 2013, 05:55 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I have an ergo, a storchenwiege wrap (piece of cloth) and a ring sling. Oh and the moby, but I don't use it anymore.
Yetty and hiskid, what kind of ties do you do with your wraps??
I use the ring sling and the ergo the most. I want to use the wrap more but it takes so long for me to put it on... I need to practice more I guess.
I love the ergo while I'm at work watching the 2 girls since I can nurse Emmy in it and it has the privacy of the hood-- the two girls don't know where milk comes from; they think milk=formula. Lol.
The ring sling is great because it's so quick to put on. Only problem is, I can't use it with her to cook anymore since she has started reaching for things. Lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search