Totally OT...lingerie

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 06:34 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I know this is totally off-topic, but where do you ladies buy your bras and underwear? I have always bought from Victorias Secret, but I'm looking to branch out Most of the things I have are old, worn out, stretched out from pregnancy, etc. and I'm looking to start fresh with things that are pretty, fit properly, and make me feel good. Any ideas for stores, catalogs, or brands that you love?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 20th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Crazy, I know, but I wear Vanity Fair from JCPenney. I wore VS for a long time, but they just didn't hold up for me! JPC's are only like $22 per bra. May be worth checking it out. I'm a 36D, and they fit great.

March 20th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I buy mine at VS. I've always thought they hold up well compared to cheap stuff from Target or where ever. I do let my bras air dry though. I don't put them through the dryer.
March 20th, 2013, 09:42 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a couple of items from fredricks of hollywood, and happy with that brand.
March 20th, 2013, 10:11 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I haven't worn a "real" bra since 2007, because I've either been pregnant or nursing ever since then!! But Calvin Klein usually fit me well. I buy them at discount places like TJ Maxx. VS bras have never fit me well. For underwear, I could really use an overhaul... most of mine are plain ol' cotton underwear like maidenform. I like Old Navy hipsters too.

March 20th, 2013, 11:31 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremi View Post
But Calvin Klein usually fit me well. I buy them at discount places like TJ Maxx.
I was just looking at some Calvin Klein stuff at Nordstrom.com. Great idea to check out other places that will have it cheaper!!

I should add that I just need a basic bra. I am an A cup...nothing to lift or push-up, and I don't want it to look like I have pillows under my shirt. I'm small and that's okay with me. Right now I usually wear just a cami under my tops becasue I don't need support, but with summer coming I don't want to have to wear an extra layer.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 20th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Soma Intimates.

March 20th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Pageturner
i can't remember what they are called...i just got some at target and they are normal, regular-strap bras ( like not crossing in weird places) but they have no underwire and they are soooo comfy. i'm a 42DD and i hate underwire....difficult but these do the trick!
March 20th, 2013, 10:17 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
Morgan, Find out what they are called please....... I am just a little over that size but that sounds sooo comfortable. I have been going to jc penney's andeven lane bryant because its hard to find my size and shape. I am large busted but very short waisted
and I am 5'1. I guess bra makers think only tall peeps have big knockers.
March 22nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Teeniemama's Avatar Super Mommy
I went to a "real" lingerie boutique and got measured (for real) and found out I was a 32 DD rather than a 36 B and 34 C and assorted sizes I had been trying to wear (this was before I got pregnant). Ended up with a bunch of Wacoal B. Tempted bras and undies, love them. The lingerie store owner had great disdain for Vic's secret!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search