Costco vs. Amazon moms

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By JillMama
  • 1 Post By marybethsmom
  • 2 Post By Peytonsmomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 08:50 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did a bunch of price matching and found out Costco is cheapest for Huggies diapers and wipes

Huggies Natural Care wipes are the same price on both sites 1,100+ wipes for $34, although Amazon is only this price if your doing amazon moms (prime) and the shipping every month deal, Costco is just that price no matter what

Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers I think it was 228 diapers for $38 (.17/diaper) both sites, ( I think Amazon was .18/diaper) but same deal, only that price with the prime account AND the ship every month deal. If you don't ship every month it was something like .24/diaper... Again Costco is that price always

Here's the thing, Amazon is only that price with the prime membership AND the send every month deal, the prime account is only free for three months then it's $79/yr. We have had a free 3m of prime and have found that we didn't really need it. Almost everything we order is free shipping anyway....... Granted Costco is $40/yr... however that's STILL 1/2 the price of prime, and if you are doing other shopping there anyway it doesn't matter. Both had free shipping.

Babies R Us and Buy Buy baby were redic priced.
marinewife01 and Jinnah like this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
March 22nd, 2013, 11:36 PM
Jinnah
We are getting a Costco membership within the next month or two. We use Pampers and Luvs, though... are those also reasonably priced? As of now, we buy diapers from Target and Wal-Mart, sometimes Albertsons.
March 23rd, 2013, 12:31 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Costco doesn't carry Pampers My first only wore Pampers... we tried lots of other brands, and that was the only brand that worked for him. I assumed the same would be true for Jamison. But... he has had major blowouts in his Pampers. We just bought our first pack of Huggies this past week, and they seem to fit him much better! This would be a fantastic turn of events, since Costco carries Huggies!

March 23rd, 2013, 12:35 AM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have Costco around here. Amazon has been working well for us, but we only order the diapers. We still just pick up wipes at the store.

March 23rd, 2013, 12:40 AM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
We have been using luvs and get then from Sams club and get their brand of the big box of wipes.

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

March 23rd, 2013, 06:00 AM
Costco only has Kidkland brand ( which I REALLY like) and Huggies. Pampers were about .27/per diaper a lot more IMO. Jett does great with all the diapers we've tried so far. I'm not really wild about Luvs though.. They seem really thin to me.

Also I just ordered the last ones online, free shipping.

March 23rd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We dont have Costco, & I love the curbside delivery. I get Pampers, wipes, & my Neutrogena face cloths.
JillMama likes this.

March 23rd, 2013, 07:26 AM
Costco delivers too! I'm pretty sure they deliver just about everything.

March 23rd, 2013, 01:05 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
Thanks Jill for the info. We just moved here and are planning to go ahead and renew our membership there. I was JUST thinking about doing the amazon thing.
The costco here sells Pampers brand. At least that was what I was told. I guess I will find out. Thats what we use.
Pampers,Huggies, and Luvs are all made by the same company so I will never understand the price difference. In fact why are diapers so stinkin much money?
March 23rd, 2013, 05:48 PM
Peytonsmomma
costco is a hour away from us, put gas in the tahoe which is another $50 just to drive up there, plus everytime i had him in the kirkland brand it felt like his clothes were damp in his crotch area in the morning, the huggies made him leak sooooooo bad! pampers baby dry work for us, i get mine off the amazon, bc at christmas time the membership really pays off! and i can cancel the subscribe and save once it ships, that with the coupons that are almost always on there i feel its a great deal! and when i was buying the wipes on there i paid $9.48 for a HUGE box of wipes plus got $25 in coupons in the box LOVE that!!
LoverlyJules and JillMama like this.
March 23rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
That's is why I posted this, because Costco delivers right to your door step too

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search