Pumping Mamas

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina
  • 2 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By SLP83
  • 1 Post By JillMama
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 4 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By ashley5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 01:57 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How's it going?

I am able to pump twice a day at school ... tend to get between 10 - 15 ounces per day. I am able to keep up with Madalyn. What I pump on Monday, she eats at my mom's on Tuesday. I freeze what I pump on Fridays and then my mom uses older frozen milk on Mondays. It's working for now.

Everybody doing well?? Any issues?

March 25th, 2013, 03:48 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Doing fine here! We just used up the last of my freezer stash from all the pumping I did while he was in the nicu in October this past week. He is taking on average 3-4 bottles a week. I have about 48oz frozen. I'm trying to pump once per weekend, and if I get home from work and he has just eaten, then I pump at that time as well. I get 4oz each side if I pump at a time when my breasts are full. He drinks a 4oz bottle per feeding.
LoverlyJules likes this.

March 26th, 2013, 03:45 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Doing great here as well! I only pump in the am but it's going really well! Depending on when she ate last, I get 4-6 oz (6 only from my "good" side. Lol) and I cool it in the fridge until we go to work in the afternoon. She gets a bottle around 4 pm, when we get home from school with the girls. She does fantastic switching back and forth from bottle to breast. We use breastflow and she drinks 5-5.5 oz.
sometimes, if it works out that way, I'll have some milk when we get home at night and I'll pump 2 oz or so which I can then use to even out the bottles if I didn't quite get a 5 oz bottle one day.
LoverlyJules likes this.

March 26th, 2013, 04:23 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still trying to get my supply down. I pump just 3 times a day now (one of which is at work) but I still end up with between 10-12 extra ounces. I have not even touched the milk in the freezer. I wish Luyando had a great appetite to match my supply but the girl is watching her weight! All is going well with pumping though.
Teeniemama and LoverlyJules like this.

Sisters, friends forever
March 26th, 2013, 05:08 AM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I pump once a day in the early AM, but not out of necessity since Nora comes to work with me and I nurse through the day. I started as a way to build a backup supply, and boy have I! We've got so much more milk than we will probably need (about 2 weeks supply if I were to stop nursing all together), but Im afraid to stop pumping because I like having that "just in case" stash! A little crazy??
LoverlyJules likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 11:57 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have about 30oz in the freezer. I pump 2-3 times during work. He gets 2-3 bottles while I work depending on his naps and how often he's eating. He drinks 4oz bottles and I pump between 4-5.5oz total. Super jealous of you ladies that pump more!!! I'd love to have a deep freezer full so when I get pregnant if bfing isn't working out then he could still get bm. What I pump on Tues he drinks Thurs, thurs for Fri, Fri for Sat if I work a Sat. I freeze what's left over the weekend and give him frozen milk on Tues.
LoverlyJules likes this.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
March 26th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's going well. I took a break from daily pumping, but am back to it. I try to freeze 12oz per day. Sometimes I get this from one pumping session and sometimes it takes me 2. I usually get about 5oz per side for a total of 10 in a morning session, but have gotten 13 oz before. If I pump later in the day I might get 4-5oz total.

I don't have to pump since I stay at home, but I want to have a freezer stash so when I stop breastfeeding he can still get breastmilk for a while. I'd guess I have over 200oz frozen.
LoverlyJules likes this.

March 26th, 2013, 09:59 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
So, my one request is PLEASE don't pour any of your milk down the drain!!! Those of you with a massive stash, if you end up not needing it all, donate it to someone who can use it! I can't tell you how grateful the two mom's were who received some of my supply early on. It's liquid gold, ladies!!

March 27th, 2013, 04:21 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm very happy to say it's still going good:] I was a little worried how the pumping would go this time around, with my DD about the 6 month mark my supply from pumping started going way down no matter what I ate or what parts I replaced. I think my body just wasn't reacting to the pump as well for some reason. This time around I pump a couple of oz more than what he drinks every day, which makes me sooooo happy.
LoverlyJules likes this.
March 27th, 2013, 12:20 PM
zubeldia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I produce a lot of milke still. Charlie has bottles 3-4 days a week - and I still have a big stash in the freezer. I pump most mornings after he's fed, and then twice at work if I'm here most of the day, and I get around 15oz. I don't love pumping but I'll do it until he's at least 18 months and eating solids more regularly.

rafi and charlie by zubeldia36, on Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search