April Chatter

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree26Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 09:23 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
Ditto to Target. That's where we got ours. Its Phillips brand, dual screen and was right around $100. And you can watch 2 seperate DVD's, they really only just share a power source.

Your girls are super cute! I can't get over how much our baby girls look quite a bit alike. I'm thinking its all the hair!

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

April 5th, 2013, 09:33 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Thanks, Ladies! I'm contemplating a trip to Target this weekend anyway, so I'll check it out!
marybethsmom likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

April 5th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Jinnah
I've been so busy with the sale of our home and looking for a new one. It's been awful, in all honesty... don't ever want to do it again!

Elijah is continuing to grow... everyone says he is HUGE. He is such a sweet boy... I just love him so much.

Homeschooling has been tough with a baby. The kids have been pretty disobedient. I am seriously considering sending them to public school next year. I need a break! I want to enjoy spending time with them, not dread our homeschooling days.

I am currently craving Chipotle... might have to go get some. I also want to buy some baby food.
April 5th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Now I want a burrito Jinnah!! Too bad Mexican food does not agree with Jonah

April 5th, 2013, 01:07 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Mmmmmmmmmmm, Chipotle. You gave me a craving
Jinnah likes this.

Melissa & DH

April 5th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Jinnah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerdays12 View Post
Now I want a burrito Jinnah!! Too bad Mexican food does not agree with Jonah
What about a sundae? That's what I want next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
Mmmmmmmmmmm, Chipotle. You gave me a craving
I'm currently stuffing my face with a huge burrito.
KMH likes this.
April 5th, 2013, 02:06 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bless your heart with all the house sale/search stuff. It is even harder with a baby and homeschooling. Have you told the kids they'll be going to public school if they don't behave? Maybe that will scare them enough to behave

Melissa: you definitely are a very brave woman I am sure it will work out, particularly if your babies are loving their car seat. Maybe we need to change Luyando into her convertible because she still does not love her infant seat. My dd1, on the other hand, loved to trip when she was a baby. I traveled all over the place in car/plane with her; she went with me on all my work trip since my mom also came along to take care of her. The dvd player will definitely help with your older one and may also keep the younguns entertained too.

Sisters, friends forever
April 5th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnah View Post
What about a sundae? That's what I want next.

I'm currently stuffing my face with a huge burrito.
I'm on a dairy free diet!!! I have not had ice cream since????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashobo View Post
Bless your heart with all the house sale/search stuff. It is even harder with a baby and homeschooling. Have you told the kids they'll be going to public school if they don't behave? Maybe that will scare them enough to behave

Melissa: you definitely are a very brave woman I am sure it will work out, particularly if your babies are loving their car seat. Maybe we need to change Luyando into her convertible because she still does not love her infant seat. My dd1, on the other hand, loved to trip when she was a baby. I traveled all over the place in car/plane with her; she went with me on all my work trip since my mom also came along to take care of her. The dvd player will definitely help with your older one and may also keep the younguns entertained too.
We switched Jonah over to his convertable and he now enjoys being in the car. He loves looking out of the window

April 5th, 2013, 02:17 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnah View Post
I've been so busy with the sale of our home and looking for a new one. It's been awful, in all honesty... don't ever want to do it again!
(((hugs))) I don't look forward to ever doing it again either...so stressful. You have a lot on your plate...hang in there!

Melissa & DH

April 5th, 2013, 04:57 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You know you are a hermit when your next door neighbor meets your 5 month old daughter for the first time because you run into them at the grocery store!
KMH likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 06:47 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Yetty, I'm sorry luyando is refusing her bottle! Do you think it may be a growth spurt and that's why she's craving the physical contact of breastfeeding? That's the first thing that popped into my head...

Jessica, that's pretty funny. sounds like something that could have happened to me!
yashobo and LoverlyJules like this.

April 5th, 2013, 06:55 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Yetty, my oldest refused the bottle at 4.5 months. I ended up having to use either a regular cup or a sippy cup and then purees for the times when I was away. He got by, but it was HARD!!! I hope she starts taking the bottle again for you soon! How many hours at a time are you away for work? Is it a full 8 hour day, or a partial day?
yashobo likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A guy dh & I graduated with was on Shark Tank tonight & got a deal! How cool is that??
LoverlyJules likes this.

April 6th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Yikes! ! Trying to get Madalyn to nap in the crib today! Wish us luck!

UPDATE:

Had to go in once to soothe and give her a pacifier (we don't typically do that) but she slept for a little over an hour! I'd say it's a step in the right direction!
yashobo likes this.

Last edited by LoverlyJules; April 6th, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
April 7th, 2013, 03:30 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post
Yetty, I'm sorry luyando is refusing her bottle! Do you think it may be a growth spurt and that's why she's craving the physical contact of breastfeeding? That's the first thing that popped into my head...
[/QUOTE] Yetty, my oldest refused the bottle at 4.5 months. I ended up having to use either a regular cup or a sippy cup and then purees for the times when I was away. He got by, but it was HARD!!! I hope she starts taking the bottle again for you soon! How many hours at a time are you away for work? Is it a full 8 hour day, or a partial day? [/QUOTE]

Thanks ladies. Yes, I am thinking of trying the sippy cup with breastmilk. I think its a combination of things; growth spurt, physical contact, having someone to pinch, etc. Her love for the breast really started after we ditched our nipple shield when she was 4 month old and it's been growing since then. I will try and let her nurse around 5am until whenever she is done before going to work in the morning and I have switched with dh so that he will now be doing drop offs while I do pick ups (dd1), that way I get home earlier to nurse her. My work is supposed to be 7hrs 15 mins but at times I work more (9 hours) to start banking some time so that when my mom leaves I can have fridays off to be with Luyando. With an hour commute to the city and an hour commute back, I feel like I am gone all day Anyway, she did a bit better yesterday and took 3-5oz here and there she still nursed most times. She is starting 2 meals a day now mainly because of this issue so maybe that will make her thirsty enough to tolerate her bottle; she seems to be fine with her puree.

Sisters, friends forever
April 7th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Madalyn is napping in her crib again. Hoping she will continue to nap well in there and soon transition her at night. Fingers crossed!!
marybethsmom likes this.

April 7th, 2013, 10:20 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
I can't get Adrianna to nap anywhere but my arms. Shes been her crib at nights for almost 2 week's!
April 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Madalyn successfully took 2 naps in her crib today!!

We changed our Amazon subscription to Pampers Swaddlers Size 3 ... Here's hoping they work well!
cincy1luv likes this.

April 11th, 2013, 03:09 PM
It is so freakin' cold/windy/rainy here ... YUCK!!

April 11th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Pageturner
Hi! Watching 24!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search