April Chatter

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree26Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 03:30 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
It's April! Time for a new chit-chat thread! I'll kick it off by saying today marks the start of a no-movie zone in our house, for at least the next week. Josiah was frighteningly naughty for my Mom who was babysitting while I was at work today. He claimed he got the idea to be naughty from his movies, and proceeded to name a few of them. That clinched it... we had cut his TV time waaaaaay back already, but now it is no movies for at least the next week.

April 4th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Super Mommy
Oh no! What kind of mischief did he get up to?

My neighbor's grand-daughter was visiting her and said that she would be really good. Well, she was asked to put on her old clothes so she could come see the farm and she point blank refused, then threw a massive tantrum when her grandmother reminded her that she had promised to behave. She stomped off to her room and came back a while later saying "You know what I said Nanny, well, I meant I would be good in the evening time" Hahahhaa kids are so unbelievably clever! I can't wait to see what the Oct Playroom quotes will be.
mandattu_02 likes this.
April 4th, 2013, 04:20 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
He basically ignored EVERY direction given, whined, argued, etc. And on top of it, he was really rough with Jamison. Thank God he took a nap this afternoon... I needed the break!

April 4th, 2013, 05:05 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had to give Madalyn an impromptu bath ... It was a MESSY poop tonight!!

April 4th, 2013, 05:37 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We just got done with baths here, too...all 3 like an assembly line. The babies each need a bottle and then I think we're all ready for bed!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

April 4th, 2013, 05:48 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Madalyn is sleeping ... I'm just waiting to see if she sleeps through the night like she has the past 2 nights. Fingers crossed!
mandattu_02 likes this.

April 4th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My older dd has been sooo sassy lately! Trying my patience so bad. Meggy is having her bottle bought to hit the sack!

April 4th, 2013, 06:04 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Fingers crossed from me as well!!!

Sarah, sorry that he was so rough today. the two girls I watch were so difficult today as well. One is super sick so she was crying and whining all afternoon. I'm glad to be home and on the couch right now.

April 4th, 2013, 06:49 PM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work with preschoolers and love that age so much, and Nora and I will have a blast when she's a couple years older...

But I'll admit I enjoy the times right now when everything Nora does is completely innocent! I'm dreading the days when she has the ability to be defiant/deceptive and know exactly what she's doing!
April 4th, 2013, 06:57 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
my boys are also a handful! 3 and 5 year old boys can be angels on their own, but together they are noting but trouble. i am SO glad the sunshine is here and the weather is getting nicer. we will be spending most of the day outdoors this spring and summer where they can run free.
KMH, mandattu_02 and babymama10 like this.
April 5th, 2013, 03:33 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My older dd likes to cry at the drop of a hat these days; just whine whine whine. DH is finally understanding why I tell him to go give her bath quickly after dinner. She becomes basket case as the night progresses.The earlier she has her bath and gets into bed, the better for us all. I think she is just very tired and doesn't know how to express her tiredness appropriately.

On a different note, my dear Luyando is regressing from taking the bottle. This is a girl I had to force to nurse from the breast for a while there and all she wanted was the bottle. Now that I work she has suddenly decided she wants the breast 90% of the time. So, my mom is having a hard time getting her to take her bottle. She drink a bit but nothing close to what she needs and its not like she is not hungry. Immediately I step in, she attacks my breast and goes at it again after bath, wakes up 1-2hrs later and goes at it. She finally accepts a bottle maybe around 10-11pm when we are in bed and she wakes up. I love that she now loves nursing but I really need her to eat while I am gone too. It's not like she has a whole lot of weight to start with!

Sisters, friends forever
April 5th, 2013, 06:46 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yes, Kristen, hooray for nicer weather. We had rain yesterday, but now the sun is supposed to come out and STAY out for several days. We are all happier if we can be outdoors

We are in the planning stages of a 2-week road trip...I will be so glad to see family, but driving 2700+ miles with 3-under-3 is going to be a little crazy If anyone has any tips for traveling, I'm all ears! I have a spreadsheet on my computer already with packing lists, "to-do" lists, etc....having lists makes me feel like I'm in control even though half of the time it is just an illusion

Melissa & DH

April 5th, 2013, 07:08 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
I'm so ready for the warmer weather to get here & stay so that we can go outside more. Ryan gets so bored & restless being inside all the time. The boy loves outside & needs to run & play!

WOW, 2700+ with 3 under 3...you're a brave woman!! We did 1000 last week/weekend with a 5 month old and almost 2 year old and that was enough for me. Reminded me why we no longer travel much. Ryan was great as long as he had Little Einsteins or Curious George to watch. Madilyn on the other hand......geesh! She HATES the carseat and cried at least 6 of the 8 hours each way. I've never been so happy to be home & not traveling. Hopefully they'll be good travelers for you & y'all have a good trip!

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

April 5th, 2013, 07:44 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Amanda, I'm glad you survived the trip! You are scaring me a little, though

Abigail wasn't a big fan of the infant seat, but both kids are liking their convertibles more. I'm not sure we're brave...probably just crazy

Melissa & DH

April 5th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would suggest driving through the night. Could you do your evening routine then put them in the carseats and hit the road? That way they may sleep a good portion of the way.
Shamogue likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 07:58 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We wondered about that, Ashley. I can't decide between that or just keeping our normal routine as much as possible as far as meals and naps, etc. DH is also kind of a grump when he's short on sleep, so I am trying to keep him happy, too

Ashley, I just love that pic of your girls. It is too sweet!

Melissa & DH

April 5th, 2013, 08:08 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
I have to agree. Driving through the night sucks, but it makes the trip soooooo much easier. I drive at night when I have to go back and forth to Kentucky for visits or whatnot. All the kids are usually asleep by the time I hit the Missouri border. So peaceful!!

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
April 5th, 2013, 08:22 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
haha, I didn't mean to scare you!

Ryan was/has always been a great traveler. When he was little, he would sleep pretty much the entire way and just wake up for feedings & diaper changes. Now that he's older, we can put on a movie and he's good to go.

Madilyn has always hated her carseat, so even a trip down the road to the store is a chore for us bc/she screams the whole time she's in her seat.

If they're happy in their new chairs, you should be good!

I hate to even suggest it, but maybe a dvd screen with a movie or something for them to watch in the car to keep them entertained. We never let Ryan watch tv at this age but now that he's older and its on frequently, Madilyn watches it more than we'd like and it keeps her mesmerized. We were wishing we had the extra DVD screen on our trip back last weekend just to keep her entertained for a little bit. Just a thought.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

April 5th, 2013, 08:31 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I have thought about that, too, Amanda. When we bought our van we opted to get it without the DVD system because I didn't want it to be always there. I might regret it on this trip, though I bet we can borrow a portable DVD player from a friend...or maybe this is a good excuse to get the ipad I have been wanting
mandattu_02 likes this.

Melissa & DH

April 5th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They have the dual screen ones at Target for really not much. Around $100. Oh, and thanks about the pic. They're my sweeties =)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search