Log In Sign Up

I need help.


Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #21  
April 8th, 2013, 06:07 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: outer space
Posts: 22,681
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I still stand by my theory that he had a stomach bug. That's why he wasn't in to the cereal, he was nauseous. His behavior is exactly like my children whenever they had a stomach virus. As careful as you are, germs happen. It's normal to be wiped out after puking that much, yes.
__________________
mama to 5 yr old DS1 , 3 year old DS2 , and nursling DD .
Reply With Quote
  #22  
April 9th, 2013, 04:11 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 7,557
I don't know, Kristen, to me it sounds too "quick" to be a stomach bug. I'd lean towards saying its the formula as well. That's why he was totally fine before, and fine the day after. I know stomach bugs can be quick but idk, seemed like there is a correlation to the formula.
Maybe your pedi can do an allergy test to test for dairy allergy? I'm so glad she called you; she sounds like a wonderful dr!!
I can't imagine how scared you guys must have been. It sounds terrifying!
I hope you get definite answers soon. ((Hugs))
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #23  
April 9th, 2013, 08:06 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: outer space
Posts: 22,681
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
What was so quick about it? He probably would have been fine until the solids were stopped being offered once he said he wasn't in to it... when you have a virus you arent in to food because you know it'll make you puke. I remember spoon feeding my oldest when he was a baby one morning and he was not in to it so I tried all kinds of tricks because I thought he was being difficult. Turns out he was sick. He puked so much all morning. Had I let his tummy settle, he may have just been nauseous. We had a similar experience with my toddler one dinner, I made him finish his peas when he very adamantly told me he it was making him sick. Puked all night. And she did say that her hubby noticed his behavior being off for a few days after... just sharing that is exactly how stomach bugs hit my family. I just would hate to eliminate food and such when it was as simple as a bug. I remember the same thing happened to my son the second time he had peaches. I swore it was an allergy and was all upset. Coldnt be a bug because he was just fine before and then hit hard and no one else was sick. Nope, stomach bug.
__________________
mama to 5 yr old DS1 , 3 year old DS2 , and nursling DD .

Last edited by bostoncreampie; April 9th, 2013 at 08:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
April 9th, 2013, 12:51 PM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 5,485
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
A FRIEND OF MINES BABY HAD FPIES (oops sorry caps was on)... and it doesnt seem like thats what it is... if poop was green and he threw up the formula, then its a milk allergy for sure
__________________
Samuel Francisco (11/24/08, 8lbs2oz, 21in)
Elijah Spencer (10/28/12, 8lbs11oz, 20.5in)



Reply With Quote
  #25  
April 9th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Jinnah
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavoriteshoes View Post
A FRIEND OF MINES BABY HAD FPIES (oops sorry caps was on)... and it doesnt seem like thats what it is... if poop was green and he threw up the formula, then its a milk allergy for sure
What were the symptoms of FPIES in your friend's baby??

Elijah's poop has been green for months. I stopped drinking milk after this reaction, and it was yellow the last time he went!! He just doesn't have hives, or anything, so I wasn't sure.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
April 9th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Jinnah
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post
I don't know, Kristen, to me it sounds too "quick" to be a stomach bug. I'd lean towards saying its the formula as well. That's why he was totally fine before, and fine the day after. I know stomach bugs can be quick but idk, seemed like there is a correlation to the formula.
Maybe your pedi can do an allergy test to test for dairy allergy? I'm so glad she called you; she sounds like a wonderful dr!!
I can't imagine how scared you guys must have been. It sounds terrifying!
I hope you get definite answers soon. ((Hugs))
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostoncreampie View Post
What was so quick about it? He probably would have been fine until the solids were stopped being offered once he said he wasn't in to it... when you have a virus you arent in to food because you know it'll make you puke. I remember spoon feeding my oldest when he was a baby one morning and he was not in to it so I tried all kinds of tricks because I thought he was being difficult. Turns out he was sick. He puked so much all morning. Had I let his tummy settle, he may have just been nauseous. We had a similar experience with my toddler one dinner, I made him finish his peas when he very adamantly told me he it was making him sick. Puked all night. And she did say that her hubby noticed his behavior being off for a few days after... just sharing that is exactly how stomach bugs hit my family. I just would hate to eliminate food and such when it was as simple as a bug. I remember the same thing happened to my son the second time he had peaches. I swore it was an allergy and was all upset. Coldnt be a bug because he was just fine before and then hit hard and no one else was sick. Nope, stomach bug.

I did think it was too quick to be a stomach bug. He was fine right before, and several hours later (by the time we left the ER). I would love for it to just have been a stomach bug.

Nina, we were TERRIFIED! It was so awful. The ER doc just didn't think it was an allergy because he didn't have hives or allergic symptoms, but I've been dealing with allergies for years... you can have GI allergic symptoms only.

Kristen, I definitely won't ever try to get someone to eat when they don't want to... there is usually a reason they don't want to! Even with allergies, a lot of time the person doesn't like the offending food, and forcing it is a bad idea.

I'll have to find out, for sure. It does suck to eliminate something if we don't have to... I LOVE milk and it's been very difficult to avoid it.

Last edited by Jinnah; April 9th, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0