If you could change JM

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 2 Post By ellinj0206
  • 1 Post By *AngieKH*
  • 1 Post By doremi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 08:52 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
If you were in charge of JM, what changes would you make to the format/the site in general? How would you tackle the challenge of DDC's and PR's migrating to FB? Or would you?

April 8th, 2013, 11:38 PM
I agree about the smartphone/app thing. I hear it over and over again. I also dream of making some sort of feature where you could click something to make a post "private" without having to go to a completely separate forum like UTOT. And having the ability to get JM notifications via FB would be pretty great too. I like the ease of FB, but I love the format of the JM site... it is easier for me to follow conversations/topics on here.
JillMama likes this.

April 9th, 2013, 03:42 AM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to say the smart phone thing as well. I also like Sarah's idea about making individual threads private.

April 9th, 2013, 03:45 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Yes, I would love both those features. I honestly don't like using forum runner to access Jm but it's easier than doing it in a browser. But not seeing the pictures and siggies takes a lot away.

April 9th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do t have issues viewing the forum through my phone but then again I'm used to going to forums without a 3rd party app.

I do wish something's were kept private but I also wish fb wasn't easy to migrate too, as most do not even visit here as often any more

April 9th, 2013, 07:44 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
I agree about the smartphone and some of the privacy. I do love this layout. I would have an ignore user option as well. I think that would prevent more people from leaving here and going to another place like Facebook.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
April 9th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I don't have a smart phone so the way it's set up doesn't bother me as much. Although, I wish JM did have an app because I use my iPad more than my PC.

April 9th, 2013, 07:56 AM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
If I was to change something, for one thing I would make it possible to "like" posts in the Private Forum, and for those who have access make it visible that there are new posts (kind of like what you can see on our forum). The Facebook/Forum thing is a tough one. For me, personally, I have found accessing FB soooooo much easier than the forum from my iPhone, so it makes it easy to check in with everyone.

That said, I still love our forum and try to check in. Now that I'm back at work it's a little easier for me to log in (shame on me, on work time!).
doremi and mommaof4andhalf like this.

April 9th, 2013, 09:45 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
For me, I feel like the forum format is just so much slower to read. You have to scroll and if I'm on anything other than my computer it is too much of a pain to deal with. I love the siggies and all, but the whole experience just takes too long for me. FB is much easier and faster to keep up with things. I also prefer the privacy of the FB group.
Peytonsmomma likes this.

April 9th, 2013, 01:28 PM
mommaof4andhalf, there IS an ignore user feature on here! Go to the user control panel at the top of your screen, and then on the left hand side you will see "Edit Ignore List". Type in any user name from JM, and it will block you from seeing posts by that person.
JillMama likes this.

April 9th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Jinnah
I honestly like the forum better, and I get on here much more often. It's hard to separate who is who on facebook unless it's obvious. There are several people where I have no idea who they are! I could be talking to some of you I "know" on here and not even realize it, LOL.

I can access JM just as easily from my ipad, so I will continue doing most of my posting on here. I like posting questions and seeing the titles of each thread. On facebook, you have to read each post, and then find out it's something you don't relate to, anyway.

I don't think we can stop people from switching over to facebook, but those of us who are on here can make more of an effort to post new threads so it stays active.
April 9th, 2013, 02:22 PM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
See? That's how much I don't know LOL. Thank you!!! Not that I will ever use it. I love all you ladies!

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
April 9th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would like to see a mobile-compatible site. not an app. I wouldn't use the app. JM often shuts down my phone, so I don't come much when I'm mobile, and mobile is my main access.
April 10th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Peytonsmomma
you can use the ignore feature but you can still see when that person posts something...you may not be able to read the context of what they post, which basically defeats the person i dont want to see what certain people write, I for one am a big fan of the FB group, and some people dont like seeing other people "air there dirty laundry" but oh well skip over it if you dont like it, i dont like that JM is public, or that its so slow on my phone, i like the facebook group bc it is private but then people are made to feel uncomfortable by posting stuff on there now....so in general i like that i can instantly be on facebook and not have to worry about creeps taking my info, but then again we are all strangers to each other so someone from this PR could take info from the facebook group.
April 10th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh hello! I haven't been on JM in a while because of the smart phone thing and also the forum seems more anonymous molly isn't my real name I'm not a platypus. I feel like on face book I'm kathyanne and on here Im invisible, less real. But that's not something just mommies has to change its something I would have to change

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search