6 month check-up today!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mommaof4andhalf
  • 1 Post By Tiffany8620

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Jinnah
We are up and at 'em getting ready for Elijah's six month check-up. He just turned six months, yesterday. Lots of questions for the doctor, today. Pray that Elijah does not have FPIES, please! I think he just couldn't tolerate formula after all these months of breastfeeding. Anyway, I can't wait to see what he weighs. I think his weight gain has slowed down. My boys always put on a ton or weight the first several months and then it slows down around now, so if he's like his brothers, he will only have gained a couple of pounds since the last visit. I will update when we get back!
April 10th, 2013, 10:39 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
Praying!!! Please let us know how it goes.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
April 10th, 2013, 10:44 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Praying and hoping for a great appointment and lots of answers!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

April 10th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Jinnah
Elijah is 28.5 in and 21.13 lbs. He barely gained any weight from his four-month check-up to his six-month check-up. Typical for my kids.

The doctor seemed completely different than when I talked to her on the phone over the weekend. I'm so confused. She said it sounds like a milk allergy and ordered blood tests. She acted like she didn't know what FPIES is... over the phone she said she had seen it before. Now I'm wondering if a different doctor called me over the weekend. ??? I'm not saying she is wrong, at all, I'm just confused. She said to give him other solids, just not any milk products. She said you can get lethargic from vomiting too much, so that might be all it was.

Other than that, everything went well. Elijah got three shots, and then we went to the lab to have his blood drawn for the allergy test. Poor baby!
April 10th, 2013, 10:51 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
Poor little guy. Hopefully they find some answers. You probably had a different doctor call. If you get no real answers maybe you can try to find who was on call and set up an appointment with her.
Jinnah likes this.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
April 10th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Jinnah
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof4andhalf View Post
Poor little guy. Hopefully they find some answers. You probably had a different doctor call. If you get no real answers maybe you can try to find who was on call and set up an appointment with her.
Our pediatrician has her own office, but sometimes she has other doctors fill in for her, so I'm guessing this is what happened. Either that, or she didn't understand what I was asking over the weekend!
April 10th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I bet it is just a milk allergy. My older son had a severe milk allergy and was highly allergic to ALL formula. He was a FF baby which made it hard. He had a prescription formula that was sent from France. It was delievered to my house. Glad you are Breastfeeding and that you don't have to do any formula for him. Jonah had his check up yesterday Can't believe our babies are half a year already!

April 10th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Jinnah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerdays12 View Post
I bet it is just a milk allergy. My older son had a severe milk allergy and was highly allergic to ALL formula. He was a FF baby which made it hard. He had a prescription formula that was sent from France. It was delievered to my house. Glad you are Breastfeeding and that you don't have to do any formula for him. Jonah had his check up yesterday Can't believe our babies are half a year already!
How did you find out he was allergic to milk?

I'm so afraid to try anymore solids because I don't want to experience what happened last time ever again! I need to just do it, though. I bought oatmeal to try today... has anyone else tried that, yet?
April 10th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope they can get to the bottom of it ASAP. Hopefully it is only a milk allergy. He could have been lethargic from vomiting a bunch and throwing off his electrolytes.
Jinnah likes this.
April 10th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Jinnah
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyLover View Post
I hope they can get to the bottom of it ASAP. Hopefully it is only a milk allergy. He could have been lethargic from vomiting a bunch and throwing off his electrolytes.
That's true!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search