Baby gear

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Belita

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2013, 09:07 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
Is there anything that you have bought that you found yourself not using? Anything you are starting to look into now that our LO's are getting to the crawl and walk stage? What has been the biggest lifesaver thus far?

We didn't get to use the swing. He hated it. Brand new and still sitting in my closet. (That made me sad) We also didn't get to use the bassinet. He had to sleep in his bouncer because of reflux and now he is just too big for it.

One thing we went out and picked up when we got his new carseat was some cabinet catches. We are locking up the chemical cabinet and all the sink cabinets in both bathrooms just in case.

The biggest lifesaver for us has been the bouncy seat. Since Pickle hated his swing it was the next best thing to get him to sleep sitting up. He loves that darn thing!!!

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
April 10th, 2013, 09:47 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Biggest lifesaver so far: Two swings. We couldn't live without them.

Things that were a waste: Bouncy seat...all my babies hated them! Both twins arch their backs, push with their feet, and tip over their Bumbo seats, so those are useless.

Things that I'm starting to look into: I can't really think of anything! We have Claire's Jumperoo and one that a friend gave us, we have toys that they can walk behind, and they have their convertible car seats already. I'll be watching this thread for ideas, though

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

April 10th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Jonah is just not into his Jumperroo!!! It was given to me from a friend and thank goodness she wants it back because it's just taking up space in my hallway! He goes in it from time to time but doesnt last more than a few minutes.

I am going to Target today to see if I can find one of those tunnels that fold then pop up. He scoots all over the place and I think he would enjoy a tunnel

Life saver so far was the Rock and Play. He stopped sleeping in it at 4 months but it really worked for us during the early days with Jonah. He will hang out in in sometimes during the day outside

April 10th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We didn't buy any new baby gear for Eve, because we had everything from Riley. I've put away the swing and bouncy seat. Next to go will be the gym, Bumbo and baby bath tub.
April 10th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Super Mommy
The arms reach co-sleeper was a life saver for us - little one got sleep and we got sleep so it definitely was a win. Her swing didn't get much use but now that we are at my Mom's we are getting great use out of a borrowed bouncer, she loves it!

It's hard to plan right now about what she will want/need next because we aren't at home...I'm sure we will pick up a few activity things once we get back. And I am definitely childproofing the rest of the house because this girl will be into everything once she is able, she is so curious!
April 10th, 2013, 05:27 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Our bouncer didnt get used at all. She didnt like it; I think it didn't bounce enough for her.
Lifesavers were the arms reach co sleeper since she likes sleeping in it. Also, the swing because she used to sleep in it and now it keeps her occupied for a while. We seriously use it every day!

April 10th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everything of ours has gotten plenty of use, or will get lots of use soon so I think we did well in that regard. I just felt like the NB cloth was too much of a pain and am considering using just sposies on future children until they fit OS cloth.

Thing still to get are really just fun things. I'd like to get an outdoor splash pool we'll need a convertible car seat but I'm waiting in that as long as possible because I love the infant seat. When he starts crawling I'll want a tunnel. He has a car walker that's too tall for him right now but we'll use that outside on a pad of pavement we have back there.

Our lifesavers have been the swing, bouncy, bumbo, jumperoo, Baby Einstein take along tunes, and links.
babymama10 likes this.

April 10th, 2013, 08:30 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Obviously you all know the Rock and Play have been our life savor, I was so scared that Jett would be taking it to college with him, but he's done great in his crib =) We also used the swing in the mornings to get ready for work, he just hung out in there..

Didn't get any use out of my sling wraps, and his bumbo seat, he was just never into it and now he sits up just fine. Also my Arms reach, we tried it when he was a new born, didn't work and again at 5m, didn't work for us then either... maybe the next baby

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
April 13th, 2013, 01:04 AM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
I have had so much baby gear over the years. My favorite has been this bassinet we bought for this baby. Its the Simmons beauty rest bassinet. I love it. The thing is in the jumbo size, many height adjustments, vibrations,night light,mobile with all types of music&mp3 player,rocks back and forth and side to side. The basket under it for storage has actually been handy.
We also like always love the swing.
Emma loves her exersaucer and she also likes he jumperoo.

The Bumbo was just o.k. tho
April 13th, 2013, 06:42 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe we'll try that bassinet for our next one. Sound great

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
April 13th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have loved the r&p, the bouncy seat & the kick & play piano mat. Doesn't love the swing so much. Her legs are getting too fat for the Bumbo, so didn't get much use out if it.

April 14th, 2013, 10:43 AM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Swing was the biggest life saver for the first 3 months! He doesn't like it anymore though.

the co-sleeper was a huge waste of money, because he NEVER slept in it. Also, I rarely use his changing table.

He loves his jungle play mat, baby einstein videos, and sitting in his high chair listening to classical music and playing with toys.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search