Vitamin question again.

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Tiffany8620
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 1 Post By hiskid1324
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina
  • 1 Post By SLP83

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Jinnah
Our doctor said to get Poly-vi-sol, at the six month appointment. I had just bought the baby vitamins that are only vitamin D as I thought that was all breastfed babies need. I am pretty sure we talked about this before, and I know I was given good advice about this, but I've been so stressed, I just can remember! What are all of you doing about vitamins? What have your doctors suggested?
April 12th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My pedi said she only needs the vitamin D until we start spending time outside once the weather gets nicer. I give her the vitamin D drops...when I remember.
Jinnah likes this.
April 12th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Jinnah
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyLover View Post
My pedi said she only needs the vitamin D until we start spending time outside once the weather gets nicer. I give her the vitamin D drops...when I remember.
LOL, thank you! I will stick with these since we already bought them.
April 12th, 2013, 11:21 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
My doctor didn't even mention any vitamins. I have done vitamin D on and off. I think this is one of those things that won't make much difference either way.
Jinnah likes this.
April 12th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Jinnah
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostoncreampie View Post
My doctor didn't even mention any vitamins. I have done vitamin D on and off. I think this is one of those things that won't make much difference either way.
You are probably right. I did vitamins with my oldest on and off, maybe with my second, and I don't think at all with my third.
April 12th, 2013, 12:04 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I refuse to do the Poly-Vi-Sol. It tastes horrible and stains the clothes. We do the D drops, and our pedi said that was fine, and that while bf-ing, baby would get all of his nutrients. She did say to concentrate on giving iron rich foods once solids were started, not in huge quantities, but enough to help replenish the iron stores that are used up around the 6 month mark.
Jinnah likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Jinnah
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremi View Post
I refuse to do the Poly-Vi-Sol. It tastes horrible and stains the clothes. We do the D drops, and our pedi said that was fine, and that while bf-ing, baby would get all of his nutrients. She did say to concentrate on giving iron rich foods once solids were started, not in huge quantities, but enough to help replenish the iron stores that are used up around the 6 month mark.
Thanks for the info!
April 12th, 2013, 04:36 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just do polyvisol right from the beginning to try to get them used to it. My first dd loved the non iron one and tolerated the one with iron, Luyando fights both. I give her the non iron one for now because she gets constipated easily. I also continue taking my prenatal multivitamins until my kids are one year old.
Jinnah likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
April 12th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Jinnah
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashobo View Post
I just do polyvisol right from the beginning to try to get them used to it. My first dd loved the non iron one and tolerated the one with iron, Luyando fights both. I give her the non iron one for now because she gets constipated easily. I also continue taking my prenatal multivitamins until my kids are one year old.
I've also continued taking my prenatal vitamins and will until I stop breastfeeding.
April 12th, 2013, 08:15 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom gives Madalyn the vitamin D drops in her bottle with my pumped BM once a day. She doesn't get it on the weekends. Our pedi said it was not a huge deal either way.
Jinnah likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our pedi hasn't said anything about vitamins. I haven't given my kids any vitamins until they were old enough to chew their own.
Jinnah likes this.
April 12th, 2013, 11:29 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I think the vitamin D gets pushed here by our pedi's because of our climate. We don't get enough sunshine! I take my prenatals until done bf-ing too, Jinnah.
Jinnah likes this.

April 13th, 2013, 06:37 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I'm taking prenatals as well still and we give the vit D, when I remember, every few days. Lol.
Jinnah likes this.

April 14th, 2013, 07:58 AM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad Im not the only one who isn't so great at remembering the D, I feel awful about it sometimes . I'm still only giving D, but we haven't hit 6 months yet either.
Jinnah likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search