camping question

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 02:16 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Would you do this? We're going camping this summer, and I was reading on camping forums rec's for the best way to keep baby safe and warm while tent camping. Somebody said that instead of bringing their pack n play, they just bring a small inflatable kiddie pool and put the baby inside that. At first I thought it sounded like a genius idea, but now I'm not so sure!!

April 15th, 2013, 05:53 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Hmmm. I'm not sure if I would feel comfortable with that! It seems like it would be too easy for them to get pinched or squished in there. I personally wouldn't do it.

April 15th, 2013, 06:06 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I wouldn't do it, either...I'd take a PNP or they have a ton of cute travel bed options.

We're thinking of camping this summer, too, and I'm getting excited about it! Claire will have a blast, and even if we don't get much sleep, I think it will be worth it

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

April 15th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Jinnah
Sounds like a suffocation hazard to me!
April 15th, 2013, 09:06 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I'm with all of you. At first I was like, WOW! Genius idea! Then after my initial positive reaction, my mind immediately went to the suffocation hazard. We have the Leachco travel bed, and I just ordered that Graco playpen that I showed you guys this past week. So I think we'll take one or the other of those. We're buying a new tent this summer, so it will depend on which one we get whether the playpen can fit inside. I think he would stay warmer in the playpen since he'd be off the ground, but I could flip down a side of the travel bed and essentially co-sleep with him if I put him in that. So, we'll see. Decisions, decisions!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search